How did the V-10 Dodge engine work out? >

How did the V-10 Dodge engine work out?

Notices

How did the V-10 Dodge engine work out?

Old 03-01-2003, 09:12 PM
JnT
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How did the V-10 Dodge engine work out?

Read a while back that Pantera was experimenting with a V-10 Viper engine.Was it worth a damn?I'd like to see Dodge start a marine program.
Old 03-03-2003, 01:45 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When we ran the Viper motor back in April 2002 at the Miami SBI race it was the first time that a boat had been powered by a Viper V-10.We had problems with the exhaust, fuel pump,and spun a bearing.

I ran the Viper motor back to back with a Mercury 500 EFI and they were within 1-2 MPH of each other.The 500 EFI was a little faster.I think the biggest problem was the exhaust system not letting the motor breathe.If you look in the Photo section here on this website on the Miami SBI race 2002 you will see pics. of the F1 28 Pantera race boat I ran with my Father Powered with the viper motor.

In the new Poker Runs America magazine Bob Morgan has a Skater powered with twin V-10 Viper motors with headers.I think they ran 111 MPH.

I think the motor has potential but needs some more R and D.It is was much quiter than a 500 EFI and turned up more RPM 5800-6000 RPM.It was definetely an attention getter at the race.

Regards,

JO