Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Pantera
X- Raceboat >

X- Raceboat

Notices

X- Raceboat

Old 01-06-2004, 10:59 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am considering it, I missed "the boat" on the orange one, TWICE, when you bought it, and when Georges bought it. If I can get my $$$$ in the right places before too long, I will be calling you. I would really like something a little faster, but I suppose I could always do some work, or replace the motor with a bigger one.

When you get a chance, if you could get some more photo's up, interior and such, whats the cabin? anything?
Old 01-06-2004, 11:11 AM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

I will get some pic's A.S.A.P. I must have 20 e-mails & 6 calls to call back! Hang in there , I'll post some, I need to unwrap boat, Dave
Old 01-06-2004, 11:13 AM
Registered

Chevelle, This boat was orinally a twin o/b so more power is the way to go!
Old 01-06-2004, 11:23 AM
Registered

Thanks Dave,

I am up in the air between OB, and SternDrive, but definitely want a 24 Pantera, I have my current boats engine torn down, and need to get it back together. This came up a little soon, but I am trying to straighten out some things before jumping in any deeper. Who knows maybe things will work out, if not, another will come along, anyway, good luck selling her, and if I can get it together, we will be talking.(oh, by the way, I am familiar with the area you live, I grew up in Danbury(Candlewood Lake).

Rick
Old 01-06-2004, 11:31 AM
Registered

Rick, I have a couple friends who live on the lake by DOWN THE HATCH , my old 20ft. Sutphen is up there. I live in Stratford on the sound, also to answer your ? the cabin is carpeted but no v- berth. It also has an am/fm/cd player, tabs, alum. transom plate, Ritchie compass Offshore syle, Cowl hood on motor, Gil battery boxes, padded w/ shield , cockpit cover.
Old 01-06-2004, 11:38 AM
Registered

Originally posted by 818181
Rick, I have a couple friends who live on the lake by DOWN THE HATCH , my old 20ft. Sutphen is up there. I live in Stratford on the sound, also to answer your ? the cabin is carpeted but no v- berth. It also has an am/fm/cd player, tabs, alum. transom plate, Ritchie compass Offshore syle, Cowl hood on motor, Gil battery boxes, padded w/ shield , cockpit cover.
Spent many LOOOOONNNGGG nights at "The Hatch", in fact I dated a girl that practically lived there, she lived across the street, and spent every hour she wasnt working, or sleeping, at "The Hatch"!!!! I may know your friends.

Carpeted Cabin is Fine, just for storage anyway. Sounds Sweet, You say Alum, transom Plate, I am sure this is just re-enforcement, just checking, but I assume all is solid with the boat(transom,stringers), just asking, because I have run into some boats before where people Alum. plated over the rotten transom.

Rick
Old 01-06-2004, 05:36 PM
Registered

Rick, I've run this boat in a poker run 2yrs. ago , in 3-4ft. water & never had a problem with the transom ! I bought the boat 3yrs. ago & like I said I've gone by 30-32 ft. boats in real snotty water. But anyone can inspect the boat at any time ! Remember this boat is 1982 with few stress cracks basically up by the rub rail. I'd put it up against alot of newer & bigger boats nuff said!
Old 01-07-2004, 10:42 AM
Registered

Dave,

Sounds good, I didnt mean anything bad about the boat, just covering my a$$. I have been burnt before, long trips to look at boats that are not what they were supposed to be.

Stress cracks are no problem, I know of many '99 and newer boats that have them, its just an offshore thing, you run it rough, your gonna get them!!!!!

Like I said, I am working on selling my current ride, and sorting out some finances, if the timing works out GREAT, if not at least you will have sold your boat, and I will find another. I have never rode in a 24 Pantera, but frequently ride in a '99 28 Pantera, in some pretty rough stuff, and I am told the 24 runs like a hot knife through butter. I have seen how well they are built, and I am sold on the brand, its just a matter of timing, getting the $$$$ together, and finding the right boat.

Rick
Old 01-07-2004, 10:52 AM
Registered

rick, i,ve got alot of people interested but who knows! The boat never let me down, I hope someone does buy it & have a good time like I did! If I don't sell it i'll run it next yr. DAVE
Old 01-10-2004, 07:28 PM
Registered

Found out today my accident is going to cost me ,BIG TIME! The guys that hit me on my bike got busted ,. a bunch of A**HOLES! For shooting on gun in a bar up here! 250,000.00 to 500,000.00 bail. SOOOO I'm gonna have to sell my boat faster than I thought . I'll let it go for $8,500.00, PLEASE NO STORIES ,CASH OR BANK CHECK !!! Somebodies gonna get a good deal. E-mail me at [email protected]. I've got to pay my own insurance now , cause their gonna be somebody's BIT%h . Let me know, will post pic's when I can . THANK'S DAVE B>

Quick Reply: X- Raceboat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.