Pantera 24, vs Superboat 24

Notices

Pantera 24, vs Superboat 24

Old 01-11-2004, 11:58 AM
ken
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pantera 24, vs Superboat 24

Hi everybody. I am in the process of deciding which new boat to purchase. I live in Manhattan but have a house on Long Island. Superboat is a Long Island company building among other boats a 24 Step, which looks physically almost exactly like the Pantera 24 and has the same 23'7" length, 7' beam and 24 degree V hull. The Superboat both has a stepped hull and is substantially lighter than the Pantera 24 and has a good reputation for both speed and rough water handling. The Pantera has what seems to be an unsurpassed reputation for quality, handling and dealings with the factory. Does anyone have experience with these two boats, and know what the different ramifications are regarding ownership, quality, handling, resale value and top speed with the 496 HO motor?
Thanks for your help.
Ken
Old 01-11-2004, 07:37 PM
Banned
Gold Member

Default Here's some info

Here's the most recent thread about a 2001 24' Pantera and 496:

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...ghlight=24+496

Good luck, you can't go wrong with a Pantera!!

Kirk
Old 01-16-2004, 07:19 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Ken,
Does not seem like anyone wants to touch this one...
You will love either. Not a better riding 24' hull in the rough than one of these two.
Tell Jo I said hi when you visit him at the end of the month.
Old 01-17-2004, 06:41 AM
Brian Crane

PANTERA There is no substitute.

Old 01-17-2004, 11:24 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Brian have you made any changes to Blue Balls,bet you been making some noise Send some pics Ill post them for you.
Old 01-17-2004, 10:00 PM
bad boyz

Whether it is a 24 or a 28 knowone cant come close to a pantera.Ive had both a superboat and a 24 pantera,
the pantera is a better boat in every way.Pepe builds the strongest custom boats out there

Old 01-19-2004, 07:08 AM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Been in both...go with the Pantera.
Old 01-28-2004, 11:50 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Ken I have owned both boats. A 24 superboat and a 28 pantera. The ride on both was incredable at any speed.If your going to boat on long island and ever decide to sell the boat, no boat has better resale on long island than a SUPERBOAT.Ther was a 24 pantera for sale for years with a big block and a speedmaster forever in newsday.If that was a SUPERBOAT it would be gone in a week.My 24 superboat sold in a week where my pantera took years.THINK REEESALE
Old 01-29-2004, 06:39 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Which S/N boat did you have? and how much were you asking? Never heard of any boat (not necesarily a Pantera) that priced properly would take years! Later, Pepe.
Old 03-16-2004, 07:33 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My Dad ordered a 28` Pantera in 2001 and hasn`t seen a boat or his money since. So buyer beware! It is currently in the Florida legal system and Pantera obviously does not wish for this to get out. I just dont want to see anyone else go through this type of ordeal. He is one of the largest Mercury dealerships in the Mid-West, and he was going to be a dealer for Pantera and is thankful that this happened to him instead of one of his customers. I understand that my father is not the first person that Pantera has ripped off in this way, if you have any questions regarding Panteras business dealings you can contact his attorney, Kevin Mason, in North Miami about his experiances with Pantera Boats. Investigate before putting your money down!

Quick Reply: Pantera 24, vs Superboat 24

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.