Littlefish Returns!!! >

Littlefish Returns!!!

Notices

Littlefish Returns!!!

Old 06-24-2004, 06:39 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Littlefish Returns!!!

After much deliberation, I have decided to keep my beloved Littlefish! To all those that had an interest when she was for sale, I do apologize, I just cant seem to part with her! I have decided to give her a new face lift....Little fish was derigged, and completely sanded down and should be recieving new paint in the coming weeks ahead. New bolsters are being made with new closed cell foam, Dove gray with Navy stitching......New dash, Platinum Gaffrig guages, bezels, M&M Blue throttles and shift, white compass's, Twin 250 Optis, Latham or M&M steering( Havent decided) Paint will be all white with new logo and the Littlefish name at a later date...I am still working on the design. A new trailer has been purchased and she is now on a new triple axle Aluminum trailer with diamond boxs. Its been a long hall with this boat, lots of ups and downs with her, but we are starting from scratch to bring her back to a better than new condition....I would like to thank Joe and Pepe for all the answers to my questions over the years...Sorry I missed out on BJ's boat! I snoozed and loosed! I am stil looking for a clean 28' single/pleasure to ad to the fleet...something in the 30-40k range....New pics will post soon as she comes together. I am planning to debute in spring 05' with her. I also have a 1995 Kencraft 215 center console with a 200 merc on a new trailer...boat is MINT if anyone is interested in an trade or purchase....443-871-2955....Again, thanks to the Nunez's and thanks to the interest of those I had spoken too back in the spring...As you can understand, and Pantera is hard to part with!.........Jake1250
Old 06-24-2004, 07:44 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Re: Littlefish Returns!!!

You have any old pics of littlefish?
Old 06-24-2004, 07:59 AM
Registered

that was one bad boat i was going to purchase it back a couple of years ago with no power heads, i believe it was from the owner before you....
Old 06-24-2004, 03:49 PM
Registered

I bought it from a guy in Pompano, less powerheads, rigged it with Twin Promax 300's, sold them and decided to rerig the boat. I saw the boat back in the early 90's when it was owned by a guy in Tennessee...I rode in the boat then with 2.4's and it hit 90 plus on a cold day, low on fuel....We were able to see 81 mph in the same conditions with the pair of 300's. It wasnt really tweeked at the time, andwe had some trouble with the paint and a few gremlins along the way. I was going to see it, but just couldnt part with it....I decided to take it completely apart and start from scratch.....hoping for an 05 debute. I have a few pics, but I will have to find them...I will post new pics as the project gets underway. I spoke to JO today and like always, he was very helpful in sharing some info to help me with the re-rig. I read a post the other day on the forums that was being pretty critical about Pantera boats. I have never bought a new boat from them but over many years of phone calls and a few hellos at the boat shows, the Nunez family has always treated me as if I had. If someone complains about time, well then theres an old saying in the food business..." Good food takes time to prepare" I think the same holds true for a quality boat. I am also a business owner and its nice to see other owners treat customers the way Jo and the gang does. I look forward to a new single 28 in the future and if it takes a little longer than expected, well then so be it, but I am sure it will stay in my family much like Littlefish has. Thats a small price to pay if you ask me. I will also ad to the gentleman who made the comments and if I recall he owns a Checkmate.....I have had my Pantera in 8-10 footers, wide open balls to the wall off Ocean City Maryland, and to this day, there is not ONE crack in this boat......If you had to wait a few months longer to get that kind of quality isnt it worth it? I will also add that mine is also a 1988.....not bad for a 16 year old race boat! Pics to follow...thanks for letting me rant!!!!!!
Old 06-25-2004, 08:51 AM
Registered

Jake1250 - As the gentleman with the Checkmate, let me be clear about one thing - If you reread any of my posts, you will not find anything critical of Pantera's boats. I have been the first to admit my Checkmate will not come close to a Pantera in big water. However, when you live on an inland lake (as I did when I purchased my boat) there is absolutely no chance of seeing a wave larger than probably 2 feet so it was the best boat for the application - light and fast. What I have been critical of is the fact that there are multiple people who are being majorly jerked around by Pantera who has 100% of their money and no motivation or reason to complete their boats. And everyone keeps making excuses. Look at the timelines involved-closely. Good food may take time to prepare, but if you want to use that analogy, I'm afraid with this delivery schedule you're better off using a table of starved skeletons with a fresh prime rib sitting in front of them.
Old 06-25-2004, 09:18 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds Good,

Good Luck, and lets see some before pics, as well as the in process ones as they come.
Old 06-25-2004, 12:57 PM
Registered

To JROMY!. You are correct...I was not specific in my statement....you were referring to the owners of Pantera, not the boat itself. In regards to your Checkmate, I have no problems with that manufacturer as well. We are all fortunate enough to be able to voice opinions on this forum and you are certainly entitled to yours...no question. Having to wait longer than expected for a TOY can be annoying, Most boats are toys to us, we arent making a living with them...at least most of us....so again I agree with you. We all seem to share a common interest in Panteras, lets face it....there great boats. I guess other owners like myself have had an opportunity to get to know the Nunezs and not only as customers, but as friends. The Nunez's truly love the boats they sell and in a effort to make a living and please everyone that shares there love for the boats, sometimes deadlines are not met. I would say that this is a dissapointment to them as well as a potential buyer. With that being said, not one person at Pantera acts like the buyers are at there mercy. They take the time talk to owners, new and used buyers, and treat everyone with kindness. This is a forgone trait in this industry and they need to be commended for it. Like many others, owners of Panteras tend to be a bit defensive of critcizisms toward them because of our love for the boats and the way we are treated by the Nunezs. My own personal opinion is that the Nunezs are more concerned with making the boat right, not making the dollar. This can sometimes slow delivery dates which after 10 plus years of knowing Jo, this is something he isnt comfortable with. I will end this reply saying that nobody is trying to make enemies on this forum, and your opinions are valid. Jo is a frequent member on here and I am sure he reads these thoughts. Bottom line whether your boat is delivered on time or late, Jo and his family have to live with the good and bad, happy and unhappy customers, but will open there doors the next day to help out anyone thats asks.....these are my thoughts........Thank you....