So what is the deal? >

So what is the deal?

Notices

So what is the deal?

Old 09-06-2012, 08:16 AM
Back out of the Game!
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have to say I have owned a lot of very nice boats including a 38 Top Gun, 28ss Cigarette, 302 Formula and a classic 18 Donzi.

The 2003 Race Layup lightweight Pantera I presently own (since 2008) is the best built boat I have ever owned. Out in Lake Huron I have never seen the deck flex or move in any way, all of my other boats have bounced or jiggled. I do not race it but would feel confident to run it in any reasonable water conditions.

Also beyond durability the ride quality is excellent and it seems like the faster you go the better it rides. Plus the ability to run 70 on a full 28 without steps and a single reliable 530 HP 502 is awesome for efficiency. I love this boat and have owned it 2 years longer than any other boat in my past with no plans to sell it soon.

I think a lot of the positive comments from Pantera owners comes from how the Nunez family helps owners with old boats. They were very helpful to me when I was rigging my boat since I bought it without power, at that time they had nothing to gain from being helpful to me. Later, I asked them to build me a new hatch with sunpad to replace my race hatch at a very inexpensive cost. I'm very happy with the hatch, it looks outstanding and fit perfectly.

I highly recommend their boats quality and performance ..... thanks - Mike
Attached Thumbnails So what is the deal?-img_0202.jpg   So what is the deal?-img_0210.jpg   So what is the deal?-p7250785small.jpg  

So what is the deal?-tubbs-pantera-video-shot-b.jpg   So what is the deal?-p8291401.jpg   So what is the deal?-p8021331.jpg  

So what is the deal?-img_0185.jpg  

Last edited by mikeb4; 09-06-2012 at 10:10 AM.
Old 09-06-2012, 09:12 AM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

all 3 of my pantera boats (still have 2) are awsome boats! jo and pepe were nothing but helpful with questions, history on all 3 and any parts or even design files for graffics.

mike,
your boat looks awsome!!
Old 09-06-2012, 10:20 AM
Back out of the Game!
Gold Member

Originally Posted by 88bullet
all 3 of my pantera boats (still have 2) are awsome boats! jo and pepe were nothing but helpful with questions, history on all 3 and any parts or even design files for graffics.

mike,
your boat looks awsome!!
Thanks! love the 6 pack and your twin machine, I am surprised how much lower your twin sits in the water ....
Old 09-06-2012, 11:25 AM
Registered

yeah it does. but the extra weight seems to keep it really stable in the rough water. it handles way better than my old notched transom boat. havent driven the 6 pack yet to compare to tho.

on another note.... fullthrottle525's old boat is back up and running and according to the builder its running in the 90's
see thread below

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...ents-like.html

somethings in life are worth the wait
Old 09-06-2012, 12:20 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

anyone notice this thread is 8yrs old?
Old 09-06-2012, 12:40 PM
Registered

yeah i was laughing about that when i saw it get dug up. the fullthrottle525 one is about the same age. i guess some people have more time on their hands than others
Old 09-06-2012, 01:54 PM
Back out of the Game!
Gold Member

Haha that is funny .... I never looked, pretty rare someone pulls up ten year old threads.
Old 09-06-2012, 03:22 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by mikeb4
... I love this boat and have owned it 2 years longer than any other boat in my past with no plans to sell it soon... - Mike
Great... worst news I've heard in a while.
Old 09-06-2012, 04:05 PM
Registered

I am not a part of the drama nor have I ever done business with Pantera but my Pantera boat runs pretty well and I have no complaints about the boats quality or ride especially in rough conditions.
Old 09-06-2012, 04:58 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mikeb4
Haha that is funny .... I never looked, pretty rare someone pulls up ten year old threads.
It's even rarer that something that happens in 2012, can be matched identically with the very same business behavior in the decade before, and the decade before that. It's pretty obvious, not to mention embarrassing, that this is Repeat behavior, not just a one-time deal.

Someone brought back the old thread(s), there are many, just for some reflection for those attempting to blow off the new ones. There are several people that have been screwed outright, and in full public view.

The only ones cackling are the ones lucky enough to have actually gotten a boat from them, but the vast majority bought used. What has happened to the two new owner's boats and money is hardly a laughing matter. I doubt those that have unsettled judgments, or are out $100,000 plus with no boat are laughing.

Just for some perspective.

Quick Reply: So what is the deal?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.