Nice 34 for sale.

Notices

Nice 34 for sale.

Old 07-07-2006, 09:17 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Re: Nice 34 for sale.

Steve, whatever you do... have Ed Cozzi check out your next boat.
And have a good engine guy go with him.
Your next boat buying experience better be a good one, or you may not want another.

Take this 34 for a test drive, then figure what its worth.
If you hate it, it won't be worth sh!t. If you love it, it may be worth the asking price.
Old 07-07-2006, 09:33 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

..couldn't hurt to get in touch with Will Smith either...he usually keeps tabs on his boats..

..might have some insight for you??

Good Luck..they're sweet rides!...
Old 07-08-2006, 09:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the next boat will be a better experience hopefully.

everyone i spoke to till now says mid 50's is all is should pay for a perfect phantom with thise motors... i will lose 5 k and see 50k out f it next year if i want to get something else...

i doubt he will part with it at 50k or 55k ... even though it 's been there forever and i think it will be not soon till we see it sold...

i learned something... fountain gets sold easily. phantom, not at all. no one here in canada even knows the brand ! guys in the usa know phantom and not all know it... it is a specialized boat.
Old 07-10-2006, 12:22 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Originally Posted by stevemamanfountain
not all know it... it is a specialized boat.
That's for sure.
Old 07-10-2006, 01:03 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

the next boat will be a better experience hopefully.

everyone i spoke to till now says mid 50's is all is should pay for a perfect phantom with thise motors... i will lose 5 k and see 50k out f it next year if i want to get something else...

i doubt he will part with it at 50k or 55k ... even though it 's been there forever and i think it will be not soon till we see it sold...

i learned something... fountain gets sold easily. phantom, not at all. no one here in canada even knows the brand ! guys in the usa know phantom and not all know it... it is a specialized boat.
Before I became an attorney I had been in sales. It seems you are strictly a price buyer. The Phantom may not be for you, but you will not know that unless you see it in person, and once you have driven it, you will know whether you like it or not. When you have completed those two steps, then you will know if it is worth the money, and price may not be as big as a buying objection, until that occurs you will never know if it the boat for you.
Old 07-10-2006, 07:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Smarty
Before I became an attorney I had been in sales. It seems you are strictly a price buyer. The Phantom may not be for you, but you will not know that unless you see it in person, and once you have driven it, you will know whether you like it or not. When you have completed those two steps, then you will know if it is worth the money, and price may not be as big as a buying objection, until that occurs you will never know if it the boat for you.
i am a price buyer.. yes. i believe that part of enjoying a sport ,wether cars,race cars or boats needs to be limited to a certain cost unless bill gates is your cousin! or ,2nd, you will keep it and arent the type of fellow that like's to change..

i am someone that likes to upgrade often...experience ..change ...try different brands.

i did the fountain 35, now,want the 42, then the 47.

never did a phantom,so i am willing to try... in order to satisfy this, i need to buy well so i can flip and try something else... that is what i am and the way i enjoy these sports...

same as real estate or ferraris etc... money is done in the buying.. not in the selling.

now with a phantom, i hear from everyone in the industry i talk to... you need to steal that boat to be able to get out of it alive... from what everyone says, there are just about zero buyers for phantoms on the market..
all of a sudden, the laws of business apply:

lots of offers,lots of demand= good market value= baja
little offers,lots of demand = great market value= fountain
little and lots of offer and little -no demand = no market value or little market value = phantom and those little production companies.. they may be great boats but still no demand....

phantom seems to have real impressive reputation in the race world but that sit down boat is not what is wanted or desired... no cabin, cheap upholstery with snapped rear padding...

basically,speed only....

i am speed only... but for how long ?? 1 month or 2....

after that, i need to find another fellow that wants speed only... where is he ?? in how long ?? i become in the same position as the current seller... stuck with the boat for 1 year, or maybe even 2... who knows...

so, lets look at it as ,if it's cheap, u can enjoy it and sell it...

then again, this explanation makes the value of this boat which is not as much as a fountain .....

phantom = lotus..... fountain = ferrari.

both great cars...lotus is even a better sport feeling car... but resale is terrible... u lose lots on the way out... 1998 twin turbos at 45000. ! lots lots of car for the money.. and still, they do not sell.

i like the boat and would pick it up. but,i need to listen to all the emails and pm's i am getting.and i agree with all of them.

buy it cheap or stay away. i will do just that...until a 42 fountain appears at then end of the summer.
Old 07-11-2006, 08:13 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

If this is your boating style, then i'd steer clear of the phantom.
Old 07-11-2006, 03:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Stormrider
If this is your boating style, then i'd steer clear of the phantom.
i havent found something yet that i fell in love with ! only my wife ...so far.... and my f40. all the rest dont live up to the test ....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nice 42 on ebay.. now, that turns me on.
Old 07-11-2006, 07:48 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

i am a price buyer.. yes. i believe that part of enjoying a sport ,wether cars,race cars or boats needs to be limited to a certain cost unless bill gates is your cousin! or ,2nd, you will keep it and arent the type of fellow that like's to change..

i am someone that likes to upgrade often...experience ..change ...try different brands.

i did the fountain 35, now,want the 42, then the 47.

never did a phantom,so i am willing to try... in order to satisfy this, i need to buy well so i can flip and try something else... that is what i am and the way i enjoy these sports...

same as real estate or ferraris etc... money is done in the buying.. not in the selling.

now with a phantom, i hear from everyone in the industry i talk to... you need to steal that boat to be able to get out of it alive... from what everyone says, there are just about zero buyers for phantoms on the market..
all of a sudden, the laws of business apply:

lots of offers,lots of demand= good market value= baja
little offers,lots of demand = great market value= fountain
little and lots of offer and little -no demand = no market value or little market value = phantom and those little production companies.. they may be great boats but still no demand....

phantom seems to have real impressive reputation in the race world but that sit down boat is not what is wanted or desired... no cabin, cheap upholstery with snapped rear padding...

basically,speed only....

i am speed only... but for how long ?? 1 month or 2....

after that, i need to find another fellow that wants speed only... where is he ?? in how long ?? i become in the same position as the current seller... stuck with the boat for 1 year, or maybe even 2... who knows...

so, lets look at it as ,if it's cheap, u can enjoy it and sell it...

then again, this explanation makes the value of this boat which is not as much as a fountain .....

phantom = lotus..... fountain = ferrari.

both great cars...lotus is even a better sport feeling car... but resale is terrible... u lose lots on the way out... 1998 twin turbos at 45000. ! lots lots of car for the money.. and still, they do not sell.

i like the boat and would pick it up. but,i need to listen to all the emails and pm's i am getting.and i agree with all of them.

buy it cheap or stay away. i will do just that...until a 42 fountain appears at then end of the summer.
Your point is understood. Let me know what you get next, but whatever you get, please go see it in person, and drive it. You will be happy you did, whatever brand you decide to purchase. Good-luck in your search.
Old 07-13-2006, 07:53 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by LongShot
Smarty, how are you enjoying your new Phantom?
That was an excellent question when you asked it in April or May. We are going out Saturday for the first time since the complete rebuild (engines and drives). Hopefully all will go well. My father has not yet figured out what graphics he wants, but that is least of his concerns at this point. The major issue is to see how she runs!

Quick Reply: Nice 34 for sale.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.