One bad mutha!
Old 11-28-2012, 08:26 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default The SV Family +

To capture all the bits n' pieces:
As Xtreme states correctly:

Will built 3 of the 38's.
#1 is kicking butt in Europe and was re-engineered by Will for the current owner/customer. The ongoing winning results are a testament to Will's improvements and innovative engineering. It did wear Bravo's in the early days, but is now sporting big boy Arneson's!

#2 was built Ken Doyle as everyone states. I don't know all the details, but as I've thus far determined: Ken went through an expensive divorce and boating endeavors were curtailed. I know how this works as I'm just recovering from one also. Another fews years of alimony and I'll be able to afford a skirt steak grilled medium rare at the Golden Corral. Back to the boat: it appeared for sale on a couple of auction/sales sites, but apparently didn't change hands. Boat is in hiding along with Ken and will reappear, I'm informed, when he's ready to go have some more fun. My info is somewhat secondhand, but offered from a reliable source.

#3 was built for Greg Rieschman (sp?) and eventually acquired by Richard Davis as XTreme relates and precisely with the power and drives described. Under the first owner's and throttleman Rick Tremelle's (sp?) watch, it started off with 525's and #6s; however, it went through a series of modifications. The success or failure of those mods is arguable, but "it is what it is." After Ritchie's acquistion and eventual return to the bank, it did go through a series of auction sales....one buyer failed on the note(we think) and the bank took it back again. This owner, Rafael Delego,( I think this is correct based on the name on the title) is the one who we believe put the little motors in it. Second auction sale went to a formidable owner outside of St Louis, L'il Jimmy McClellan, who ultimately decided it was too small for his motor application and is currently mulling over which builder to produce a new boat for him...Will is certainly in his pool of considerees, I'm told.

As Will states in the message thread, it never saw water with the menagerie of turbo'd small blocks that the pictures depict. Drives were never installed and it might have leaked a little bit. Those engines, frankly, were garbage and likely put in there with the intent of making a big buck off of some "show n' glow".

So whatever happened to the 2004 #3 hull? I and "Wild Turkey" bought it. And yes, we're going racing with it. It's a deliberately slow project and a lot of folks are collaborating with us to make it a renewed success....to include the master hisself, Brother Will.

As repetitvely written in the thread, these hulls are beautiful boats and quite the ride. As you can likely discern, we're looking forward to putting her back into action. If I've left out any pertinent trivia or details, please pipe in. As we're trying to fill in the blanks, we've only got a few pieces of legal paperwork and such to go by. Will, Ritchie, Frank, L'il Jimmy, Tony , and Big Tuna (just to name a few) have been very helpful in the quest thus far. That's the short n' short of it. NEMO/skiffnbuck
Old 11-28-2012, 10:19 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by skiffnbuck

#1 is kicking butt in Europe and was re-engineered by Will for the current owner/customer. The ongoing winning results are a testament to Will's improvements and innovative engineering. It did wear Bravo's in the early days, but is now sporting big boy Arneson's!

#2 was built Ken Doyle as everyone states. I don't know all the details, but as I've thus far determined: Ken went through an expensive divorce and boating endeavors were curtailed. I know how this works as I'm just recovering from one also. Another fews years of alimony and I'll be able to afford a skirt steak grilled medium rare at the Golden Corral. Back to the boat: it appeared for sale on a couple of auction/sales sites, but apparently didn't change hands. Boat is in hiding along with Ken and will reappear, I'm informed, when he's ready to go have some more fun. My info is somewhat secondhand, but offered from a reliable source.

#3 was built for Greg Rieschman (sp?) and eventually acquired by Richard Davis as XTreme relates and precisely with the power and drives described. Under the first owner's and throttleman Rick Tremelle's (sp?) watch, it started off with 525's and #6s; however, it went through a series of modifications. The success or failure of those mods is arguable, but "it is what it is." After Ritchie's acquistion and eventual return to the bank, it did go through a series of auction sales....one buyer failed on the note(we think) and the bank took it back again. This owner, Rafael Delego,( I think this is correct based on the name on the title) is the one who we believe put the little motors in it. Second auction sale went to a formidable owner outside of St Louis, L'il Jimmy McClellan, who ultimately decided it was too small for his motor application and is currently mulling over which builder to produce a new boat for him...Will is certainly in his pool of considerees, I'm told.

As Will states in the message thread, it never saw water with the menagerie of turbo'd small blocks that the pictures depict. Drives were never installed and it might have leaked a little bit. Those engines, frankly, were garbage and likely put in there with the intent of making a big buck off of some "show n' glow".

So whatever happened to the 2004 #3 hull? I and "Wild Turkey" bought it. And yes, we're going racing with it. It's a deliberately slow project and a lot of folks are collaborating with us to make it a renewed success....to include the master hisself, Brother Will.

As repetitvely written in the thread, these hulls are beautiful boats and quite the ride. As you can likely discern, we're looking forward to putting her back into action. If I've left out any pertinent trivia or details, please pipe in. As we're trying to fill in the blanks, we've only got a few pieces of legal paperwork and such to go by. Will, Ritchie, Frank, L'il Jimmy, Tony , and Big Tuna (just to name a few) have been very helpful in the quest thus far. That's the short n' short of it. NEMO/skiffnbuck
Big Tuna, thats a name I havent heard in a while, OK, so who is Wild Turkey?
Old 11-28-2012, 11:05 AM
Registered

Default Who dat be?

Wild Turkey is the one and only Scott Brown.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:24 AM
Registered

Good luck with the boat you will love it, anything I can do or any help you need feel free to call anytime.
321 693-0023
Old 11-28-2012, 11:42 AM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think the one that V purchases was Doyle's boat originally. The boat runs damn good as the video's show.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:52 AM
Registered

Wild Turkey is the one and only Scott Brown.
That is why I asked, wasnt sure, good luck to you and Scott.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:15 PM
Registered

That could be the case if Ken commissioned #1, Vee's boat. I can't comment on that; however, Will clearly states #2(the yellow boat) was built for Ken. In turn, this begs the answer to "who was #1 built for originally"....I'll inquire of Will to answer that.
Old 11-28-2012, 03:28 PM
Registered

What power is going in the red boat? Where will it be raced?
Old 11-28-2012, 03:29 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That could be the case if Ken commissioned #1, Vee's boat. I can't comment on that; however, Will clearly states #2(the yellow boat) was built for Ken. In turn, this begs the answer to "who was #1 built for originally"....I'll inquire of Will to answer that.
V's boat was originally named 'Fury" and it was as now all white. He purchased it minus power and drives. Will installed the Arneson #7M's and the Ilmor engines.. With weight of nearly 11K lbs the boat was in the teens.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.