Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
It was the most fun we have ever had. ( with some of our clothes on ) >

It was the most fun we have ever had. ( with some of our clothes on )

Notices

Old 04-30-2005, 10:35 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was a warm morning as we watched the beautiful sunrise across the harbor, then after a great breakfast and drivers meeting we headed back to the boats to fire up the horses. (some of the boats had way to many horses in the stables) As we pulled out of the marina there were fans lined up waving and taking pictures. Just before we entered the main part of the lake we drove past the restaurant were the night before they put on a gourmet dinner for us and was the started of the pub crawl. (Oh what a night.) We went up the lake about a mile, then we all lined up and done a high speed parade lap around town, we could almost here the cheers over the rower of the engines as we did are high speed fly by. We then turned to the north and turned them loose, I wish I could tell you I was in the lead when we reached the BIG LAKE but there were some pretty awesome boats. ( One even had FOUR engines ) After we made two of our card pickups we headed in for lunch, they had told us that our lunch stop was at a very nice place but when we entered the harbor we thought we were entering a fairytale, this place was unreal, it is no wonder that there are so many famous people that vacation there. After a great lunch we had a chance to check the place out. We then headed to the boats and another high speed parade lap before heading to the rest of our card stops. Our last card stop was at a spot where they were having a champaign cruise on some beautiful yachts in our honer, we picked up our last card there and made a couple of laps around them as the beads were being thrown back and forth We then headed back to the marina where we had a great dinner, awards and a PARTY. I didn't have the winning hand but I felt like I was the winner because I had the best time of my life and helped raised thousands of dollars for kids with cancer. This is by far the best poker run we have ever been in and we can't wait till this July 15th and 16th. I hope I get a chance to meet some people form Offshore Only there.
Old 04-30-2005, 10:53 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: It was the most fun we have ever had. ( with some of our clothes on )

I know just where you are talking about and it is one of the most beautiful places to boat, that is probably why the real estate is some of the most expensive in the US. Sounds like it was a great time, and I am jealous
Old 04-30-2005, 11:44 AM
Registered

Default Re: It was the most fun we have ever had. ( with some of our clothes on )

Hey that sounds like my kind of poker run. ( first class all the way) Sign me up! But the suspense is killing me. Just give me a hint as in which way to head, or better yet a GPS waypoint
Old 04-30-2005, 05:14 PM
Registered

Hey don't be jealous just come and join us. And your wright the real estate is very high but thats the best part about boating, you don't have to buy the land around the lakes and you can still boat where the rich and famous do. The water is so clean and the people are so nice, everyone in the whole area goes all out to put this poker run on.
Old 04-30-2005, 09:30 PM
Registered

Hi out2c, I'm not sure where you live but I would have to think you will have to head some what north. If I remember wright the 1st part of the coordinates are N45 W85 but when I get a chance I'll see if I can narrow that down alittle. lol, SEA ya there.
Old 05-01-2005, 07:51 AM
Registered

I look that up on my navigational charts and I'll be there, I love that area it is beautiful your wright it is some of the best boating in the world and it isn't crowded. It's about time someone puts on a good poker run there. Can you please send me the Reg. info? Thanks
Old 05-01-2005, 07:56 AM
Registered

P.S. My wife wants to know how many of her HOT girlfriends she can bring along?
Old 05-04-2005, 12:17 AM
Registered

Well I'm sure you have guessed where it's at by now, but if you havn't it's in northwest Michigan a small resort town called Boyne City you can get all the info by going to www.BoyneThunder.com and the resort that the lunch stop is at is www.bayharbor.com both places are beautiful and you will never regret going.
Old 05-06-2005, 10:32 PM
Registered

Hey Boss man, we just signed up, we checked the area out on the internet and it does look beautiful. What day are you heading up? What else can you tell us about the area?
Old 05-27-2005, 04:13 PM

Re: It was the most fun we have ever had. ( with some of our clothes on )

:d

Quick Reply: It was the most fun we have ever had. ( with some of our clothes on )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.