Old 05-04-2005, 09:21 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Jacksonville "It's Poker Run Time"

www.JFFPR.com

www.JFFPR.com

Ladies and Gentlemen,

It is once again time to make your final plans for the BIGGEST Poker Run Event on the East Coast.

The Fourth Annual “Jacksonville Fire Fighters Poker Run”.

This has become one of the most popular poker run events, attracting boats from over ten states and as far away as Canada. Again this year we will have magazine coverage from Hot Boat, Baja Magazine and for the first time “Poker Runs America” will be there to cover the event.

This is a GREAT poker run valve, and the proceeds go to charity.

From the free and convenient ramps at Arlington Marine, to the first class free dockage at the Jacksonville Jaguar’s Football Stadium, to the special rates at the five star Hyatt Hotel (formerly the Adams Mark) all right on the beautiful St. Johns River in the heart of Jacksonville, Florida.

There are plenty of rooms remaining at the Hyatt, but dockage is limited and available to the first 100 boats to register for the event. Be sure and click on the above link for all the details to register and make your hotel reservations.

If you watched the Super Bowl this year you saw the stadium, the docks the host hotel was the Hyatt and the famous Landing right on the waterfront. This is the heart of boating in Jacksonville and we will be ROCKING the water front.

Again this year Stu Jones of the Florida Powerboat Club will be flying in the chopper and producing the DVD you receive free with your entry. This is by far the BEST coverage you will see on any poker run DVD. Still photos are available from Stu at an additional fee.

As before you can make this a one day poker run, a two day event and even a three day event. Believe me you cannot get enough of the beautiful St. John’s River.

Starting Friday morning the boats leave Jaguar Stadium Marina on a FREE fun run to St. Augustine with a lunch stop at the Conch House Marina & Restaurant. Last year over 25 boats made the run with many going on the inside on the ICW and most running on the outside in the Atlantic. Lunch was great, it gave all that made the run time to get acquainted and visit with Judy Darby of Hot Boat Magazine that went along for the fun!

Upon arrival back at the stadium you are greeted with FREE Beer & Wings, all you can eat and drink, and this year there will be a steel drum band for your entertainment. By 8PM things wind down, the slips are full and it has been a fun day, but by no means over.

Head to the hotel for a quick shower and then walk just a hundred yards down to the Landing. This year we will have back by popular demand “Mr. Natural”. This is one of the best bands I have heard. They will rock you late into the night. More food will be available and you will receive a ticket for a free beer or two. Dance in the magic fountain and have a great evening. If this is not enough, the bar at the hotel keeps rocking till early in the morning.

Saturday is the “BIG EVENT”. The famous Fire Fighters Charity Poker Run. Expecting over 120 boats this year it is VERY exciting to say the least. From 20 foot outboard cats, 20 foot Baja Outlaws all the way up to 50 foot NorTech cats and v-hulls and everything in between. Last year there were several boats over 150 MPH! Eye candy everywhere you look!

The Baja folks along with Reggie Fountain and Steve Stepp will all be present again this year. The captains meeting starts at 9AM Saturday morning. There is free water for everyone to take on their boats, and orange juice and donuts to have before the event starts. At 10 AM the St. Johns comes alive with the rumble of over 100,000 Horsepower!

It’s POKER RUN time Baby! The group parades South by a large crowd of onlookers on the shore at the Landing and we get our first card in the idle zone. Then we move on under the I-95 Bridge and stage for the poker run start. When the fire boat fires off the water cannons, the run is on!

One of the most popular parts of the run is the lunch stop at the World Famous “Outback Crab Shack”. They have a 1200 foot long dock and EVERYONE has a place to park. But wait till you get your hands on a low country broiled platter. It doesn’t get any better than that!

Then it’s on to other card stops and we return to the stadium around 4PM. plenty of time to kick back and tell lies about how fast you ran and who you passed before the dinner banquet and awards at the upstairs of the Landing. Another FREE dinner included with your entry package, then we draw cards and this year there will be MANY lucky winners. There are cash prizes, many leather jackets and other giveaways, trophies and of course if you draw the “Royal Flush” you take home a new Baja 25 Outlaw from Julington Creek Marina. The party goes till late in the night!

If you still want more and your still have gas money, then you will want to stick around Sunday for another free fun run to Palatka. This year we are leaving the stadium at 10AM and making the 75 mile run South on the St. Johns for a nice lunch stop at Gator Landing. They have all new docks and the food is great. The group is expected to return to the stadium around 3PM.

WOW, what more can I say. Check out the website and you will find that this is without question the BEST value for your poker run dollar in the country.

Did I mention free parking for you trailer at the stadium and 24 hour security for trailer and 24 hour security for your boat while in the water?

Make your plans now. I have done this run all four years and it gets better every year.

Mr. Bill Pyburn is the man that makes this happen and I promise if you attend you will be thanking Bill for the best time you have every had on a poker run.

Hope to see you down in Jacksonville June 9th, 10th, 11th & 12th.

Go to the website and look at the pictures from past years and make sure you are in the pictures this year!
Old 05-04-2005, 09:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Jacksonville "It's Poker Run Time"

I am getting as many members of OPBA (Offshore PowerBoat Association - based out of St. Pete) to participate as possible. We will be trailering up as a group.

Looking forward to it.

Our thanks to Bill for putting on one hell of a show...
Old 05-07-2005, 07:50 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

RANDY HARTMAN from LAKE CUMBERLAND MARINE is in with a 40 FT. SKATER
Old 05-07-2005, 08:07 AM
Banned

I'm in.
Attached Thumbnails Jacksonville "It's Poker Run Time"-p2220025.jpg  
Old 05-07-2005, 10:43 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by cuda
I'm in.

The return of "Big Yeller"....
Old 05-07-2005, 01:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Formula Outlaw
The return of "Big Yeller"....
June the 11th is a long way away. I'll send the reg. $ this coming week. I'll believe Cuda when he makes the $ commitment....remember he's a biker now & a Cyber boater
Old 05-07-2005, 04:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Johno
June the 11th is a long way away. I'll send the reg. $ this coming week. I'll believe Cuda when he makes the $ commitment....remember he's a biker now & a Cyber boater

Ouch....that's gonna leave a mark....

Johno what day you figuring on heading up, Thurs or Fri.??

Let's make it a party.....

We'll grab "the ol' man" on the way through "the Hollar"...
Old 05-07-2005, 04:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Johno
And a tight ass.

Rode Deb's bike to Daytona today.
Attached Thumbnails Jacksonville "It's Poker Run Time"-5-8-007.jpg  
Old 05-07-2005, 05:45 PM
Registered

Probably leave real early Friday morning to beat the traffic through Tampa. Relax rest of the day
Old 05-07-2005, 06:24 PM
Banned

Johno, if you want to come the night before and stay here overnight, it will break up the long drive.

Quick Reply: Jacksonville "It's Poker Run Time"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.