Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
Extreme boats magazine Poker Run Article ?!?!? >

Extreme boats magazine Poker Run Article ?!?!?

Notices
View Poll Results: Does the EBM article speak the truth
Yes
40.63%
No
47.66%
No Opinion
11.72%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Extreme boats magazine Poker Run Article ?!?!?

Old 11-19-2005, 02:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Extreme boats magazine Poker Run Article ?!?!?

OK add this in as well .........

Froim the LUBEJOB thread:

i think it bites that the thread was poofed. is phil special? does who ever poofed the thread condone phils actions? phil getting pizzed off an ramming a boat intentionally is so out there im stunned. it shows what type a spoiled azwipe he really is. does he get special treatment cuz hes an advertiser? WTF i hope they arrest his fat azz for attempted murder. i hope lubejobs sues him into ruin. i can think of a more blatant disreguard for another boaters saftey period. what a moron, im stunned. in the middle of a pr what a short sighted short tempered manchild. im glad lubejobs and his crew were not injured. it sounds like phat azz phils gonna be buying lubejobs a new boat at the least. i would imagine phils insurance co is not gonna want to pay the claim cuz is was road rage...look at the other idiots that do road rage crap...i guess phil belongs in the same class with these other loosers. demonstrating he has no class. i hope lipchits business is seriuosly hurt when all is said and done. i can't wait to see the video. i hope they dont edit it out of the final dvd of the run. i want to buy an unedited copy to show everyone on the net the type of guy phil is. i will demand my money back if i go to a poker run and find he is going to run...i'd be afraid id get him wet and endup in his sights...but then to i have an old school cig and would retaliate an try to punch a hole in his ride sending him to the bottom where he belongs. ratman
Old 11-19-2005, 02:10 PM
Registered

What happened here with the road rage.....does anyone have specific details?
Old 11-20-2005, 06:56 PM
Registered

That's some article...

Intense

Last edited by IN10SE; 03-27-2007 at 06:54 AM.
Old 11-21-2005, 12:34 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For the most part poker runs are safe. And it's a controled environment for those that are going fast to run a faster speed than normal. There will always be an exception to the rule though. And of course, you will always have a few that will want to run balls to the wall. To me it doesn't seem fair though to say that Poker Runs are turning into races. Unfortunately, the safetly that is use in race boat as a must (LifeLine PDFs) aren't even coastguard approved (thus this is why they will not buy them). I'm sure that there are stats to prove and disprove any arguement. But is there really any different than a few boats going 100+ MPH in a Poker Run, than some guys in the boats running each other @ 100+MPH in the middle of the afternoon in the Bay, or a guy hitting 90+MPH in a 2foot chop on the ocean by himself. They are going to do it no matter what will get said. I just think buy singling out a specific "controlled event" is wrong, and it will make a case for those that already dislike speed boats. I still say the problem is that some boats are just too fast for the experience level of the driver.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by Lucididee; 11-21-2005 at 12:36 PM.
Old 11-21-2005, 03:17 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldn't line my litterbox with this magazine after this article!
Old 11-21-2005, 05:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Lucididee
I still say the problem is that some boats are just too fast for the experience level of the driver.
Just my 2 cents.
I think that is what EBM was trying to point out.........Look "D" we all love this sport but even at KW there were ROAD RAGE ISSSUES. Thats NOT cool even if they reacdhed a settlement.
Old 11-21-2005, 06:37 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What happened in KW really has nothing do do with what I posted, and it really is a shame people gotta be that way. And those involved should make a public statement apologizing for his actions to disgrace the sport after all is said and done. We don't need anymore bad publicity. I was just saying that on any given day, there will be a reckless individual out there driving a boat. I've seen rails rubbed and people push over. I just feel that a national mag making a point like it did, picks out the worst of the litter and makes it bad for everyone else. Whether it's a race, poker run or just going to a restaurant to have lunch they dislike speed boats in general. We don't need to feed those that already dislike us.

Last edited by Lucididee; 11-21-2005 at 06:40 PM.
Old 11-21-2005, 10:58 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well said lucididee...This community is like a family, and it isn't right to air our dirty laundry to the public for the sole purpose of selling magazines.

I heard you can buy plenty of ad space ..... because they don't have any major advertisers left. What a shame
Old 11-21-2005, 11:19 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by animalhouse
I heard you can buy plenty of ad space ..... because they don't have any major advertisers left. What a shame
You know what they say, "The power of the PEN!"....

All it can take is one article like that, and the whole place can come down....
But they knew that right?

Originally Posted by Ron P
You have to admit, it's very very rare for a magazine to publish and article that is not popular with 100% of it's readers and advertisers..
If it's not popular with your advertisers, how do you think they will respond?....

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 11-21-2005, 11:40 PM
Registered

Im sure insurance companys had no idea what poker runs where about until this article was written. Why would they ever do research on events they randomly get total loss claims from If your insurance company doesn't cover you while you are running in a poker run why does it matter since everyone is so safe?

Quick Reply: Extreme boats magazine Poker Run Article ?!?!?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.