Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Poker Runs and Boating Events (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/poker-runs-boating-events-19/)
-   -   Lakes/limits (SPEED) (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/poker-runs-boating-events/119943-lakes-limits-speed.html)

DMAX 01-08-2006 11:04 AM

Lakes/limits (SPEED)

Just about to book a room at Lake Winnipesaukee's, the Naswa, for the Land and Lake Poker Run benefited by Easter Seals Foundation. Speed limit on the lake is 45 MPH. Is everybody going to get speeding tickets that day, or what? What's the norm during a run on a lake that has speed limits? Still gonna go, it's for a good cause. But wondering what to expect.

TomR 01-08-2006 03:55 PM

Re: Lakes/limits (SPEED)

I hope not!! :mad:

DMAX 01-09-2006 03:53 PM

Sorry but I herd it went threw 45 day,25night. Believe me I hope I'am wrong. That run is July 8th if anybody is interested.

pm203 01-09-2006 04:06 PM

There is NO current speed limit on Winni now. Even if the law passes, it will not take effect untill Jan/2007. Feel free to enjoy the lake.It is a great place to boat.

CMG 01-09-2006 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by Moose482
There is NO speed limit on Winnipesaukee. Some are trying to get one implemented, never happen.

It passed thru the sub committe and was recommended, final vote due an couple weeks - doesn't look good. Please do us a favor and call the Nazwa and tell them you want to cancel if passes. Spend your money in Maine. Tell all your friends to do the same.
PM203, I think it would take effect this year.

pm203 01-09-2006 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by CMG
It passed thru the sub committe and was recommended, final vote due an couple weeks - doesn't look good. Please do us a favor and call the Nazwa and tell them you want to cancel if passes. Spend your money in Maine. Tell all your friends to do the same.
PM203, I think it would take effect this year.

CMG,
If you read the proposed bill, the effective date would be 1/1/2007 if it passed.Yes, it has gone through the committee ,but still has to clear the legislature and then be signed by the governor.Current chances at passing are 50/50 right now .

mopower 01-10-2006 12:41 PM

Where can I get some info on that poker run. I just got my annual flyer from NASWA for reservations :evilb: :evilb: :evilb:
Miight just make my last blast a good one :D :D :evilb:

pm203 01-10-2006 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by mopower
Where can I get some info on that poker run. I just got my annual flyer from NASWA for reservations :evilb: :evilb: :evilb:
Miight just make my last blast a good one :D :D :evilb:

Stop talking like that! :D

DMAX 01-10-2006 03:26 PM

Go to their web site and check under entertainment.

Formula Outlaw 01-10-2006 05:22 PM

Road trip.....:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

Maybe we could hook up with our "buddies"....:eek: :D