northern michigan fun run 06

Notices

northern michigan fun run 06

Old 02-14-2006, 03:14 PM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: northern michigan fun run 06

I dont know how things will play out for me this year, the love of my life will have baby #2 the last weekend in June by C-section so depending on how that all goes will determine wether I can make it......keep your fingers crossed! I have the entire month of July off to play daddy and the second week in August I rented a condo on the bay a block from the ramp in Elk so I'll be around alot this summer!!!
Old 02-14-2006, 04:20 PM
Registered

Dino! U R just quite the Stud Muffin! Hope all is well w/ Mama. Tracy
Old 02-14-2006, 05:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ms PatriYacht
I am throwing my two cents in, I wish this run would happen in August, it seems like so many things are jammed packed into July. Do you have it that weekend because of the fireworks?

I would love to come but like Todd says that is the weekend of the Chicago Poker Run Would any one be interested in a second run in mid August?

We are working on a couple of PR on Lake Charlevoix, besides Boyne Thunder. They will be held just on Lake Charlevoix and for all boats, from bowriders to cruisers, about 50 miles long. I think one will be in August. The 1st one will be June 17 during the Jordan Valley Freedom Festival, It will start in EJ then to Boyne to Oyster Bay for a raft up then to Charlevoix and back to EJ (Elm Point) for a dinner party on the beach with a band afterwords and dancing, finished with the fireworks from the city. We are trying to keep them very nice for a one day event and CHEAP, I think we can do it for about $75 per boat with 2 people and $20 per person after that. At that price there won't be a big grand prize just alot of fun JB
Old 02-14-2006, 05:21 PM

Maybe if Wrinks new boat is done by then we could talk him into being the parade boat
Old 02-14-2006, 06:45 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

man there is just not enuff summer thats for sure. it looks look we will be doing the boyne poker run in june. but i think we will miss the fun run. plaining on the chicago poker run that weekend. i do hope to get back up north a second time.
todd
Old 02-14-2006, 07:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Ms PatriYacht
I am throwing my two cents in, I wish this run would happen in August, it seems like so many things are jammed packed into July. Do you have it that weekend because of the fireworks?

I would love to come but like Todd says that is the weekend of the Chicago Poker Run Would any one be interested in a second run in mid August?
Hey Donna, the wife and I would B up for a 2nd fun run! Can't say 100% but I bet Liquid Lurker(Thunder) would also. We R up just about every w/e in the summer.YZ, JB and Mixer Boy live up there! I bet Mixer would B in for an August run since he does the Elk Poker run. We just want to boat and have fun!! Tracy
Old 02-14-2006, 07:52 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by dyno
... the second week in August I rented a condo on the bay a block from the ramp in Elk so I'll be around alot this summer!!!
I plan on being up around Elk Rapids/Torch Lake/Charlevoix/Grand Traverse Bay a lot this summer so, I will probably be hangin' out with my buds Dyno and SuperV---or whoever is around.

Of course, I like the idea that if it's too rough out in Grand Traverse Bay I can always take the alternate plan of putting in on Elk Lake and scooting over to Torch Lake via the Skegamog stump field and up the Torch River.
Old 02-14-2006, 09:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by KAAMA
I plan on being up around Elk Rapids/Torch Lake/Charlevoix/Grand Traverse Bay a lot this summer so, I will probably be hangin' out with my buds Dyno and SuperV---or whoever is around.

Of course, I like the idea that if it's too rough out in Grand Traverse Bay I can always take the alternate plan of putting in on Elk Lake and scooting over to Torch Lake via the Skegamog stump field and up the Torch River.
Hey Noise Boy, the 1 and only time I did the stump field a few years ago, buddy had a 312 fastech and he nicely took about 1/2 off 1 if his skegs! It was like 90 degrees and that one hour or so at idle each way was a B I T C H!
Old 02-15-2006, 04:23 AM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by wrinkleface
Hey Noise Boy, the 1 and only time I did the stump field a few years ago, buddy had a 312 fastech and he nicely took about 1/2 off 1 if his skegs! It was like 90 degrees and that one hour or so at idle each way was a B I T C H!
Wrink, yeah---that sounds like a good way to ruin your day. I'll bet that sounded terrible. Last summer I had Perfectmix and his girl with me and he guided my first time through the stump field without any problems. I'm sure your friend may already have known this, but you have to go VERY SLOW and stay in the center of the path, and raise your drives a bit.

I think I remember one boat going slow in front of us, but not slow enough to where he was leveled out and he was burrying his drive deeper into the water and looked like he was entertaining some guests he had on board, and seemed to be preoccupied with them and not really paying close attention, tipping a few beers with the music turned up as he drove through. But hey, what do I know----he probably has been through that path a million times and it didn't seem to concern him----and he made it through without incident. I don't know....maybe he was just lucky that day.

One thing Josh told me was that as you are approaching the stump field from Skegemog it is wise to come off plane about 200 yards out before you arrived where the path begins into the stump field.

Dyno and SuperV both went through the stump field for the first time last summer without incident. And of course Perfectmix/Josh goes through there all the time with his 38' Powerquest. As we were going through the stump field last summer he told me a couple of times that as long as we pretty much stayed in the center that we shouldn't have any trouble. There also were some other boat traffic in front of us and we pretty much followed them as long as they stayed center and were paying attention.

Last edited by KAAMA; 02-15-2006 at 04:34 AM.
Old 02-15-2006, 08:38 AM
Registered

Location: Lakeway, TX (Austin/Lake Travis) / LOTO Gravois Arm

Jumping in here.

Glad to see there's boating life in Michigan.
I'm thinking of a move from SoCal to Detroit. Job related.
Who knows, I might join up in one of these PRs and see you all on the water.

So, my question, what's the boating scene around Detroit, and what's life really like in and around Motor City? I've got folks here who say I'm insane for considering this. Citing all kinds of statistics on weather, crime, economy, not a place to raise kids, etc... I'm married and two daughters 9 and 14.

Comments appreciated. PM me if you can.

Quick Reply: northern michigan fun run 06

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.