Ocean Marine Portsmouth, VA Poker Run May 20th

Notices

Ocean Marine Portsmouth, VA Poker Run May 20th

Old 03-27-2006, 02:50 PM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Ocean Marine Portsmouth, VA Poker Run May 20th

Here's a pic of the Ocean Marine Yacht Center; OM Marina; and the N-Telos Amphitheater in the middle. The view is looking North. Click on each to enlarge.
Attached Thumbnails Ocean Marine Portsmouth, VA Poker Run May 20th-om-photo.jpg   Ocean Marine Portsmouth, VA Poker Run May 20th-prcoursemap-medium-.jpg  
Old 03-27-2006, 07:19 PM
Registered

Thanks for the info, I use to live in Norfolk 15 years ago but last time I went down I had trouble getting my boat off the trailer at the city ramp in Norfolk. I also saw that they tore down the dry storage building as you cross the hampton roads bridge tunnel.
Old 03-28-2006, 01:58 PM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

They are actually in process of rebuilding the public ramp/dock there on Willoughby. It got tore up during Izzy and they're just getting around to reparing it. Already looks much better than ever before. Couldn't guarantee it being done by May 20th though. Other alternatives would be the public ramps on the Hampton/Newport News side, and there's three others on the south side within close boating distance. The new one at the base of the Lesner Bridge at the Lynnhaven Inlet; Jordan Bridge public ramp down the channel from OM next to the Naval Shipyard; and the Portsmouth City Park Ramp on the Western Branch of the Elizabeth River just past the RT-17 bridge.

But with all that said, Ryan at Ocean Marine (OM) says they will fork the boats off for free, but a donation to the charity they're supporting would be nice since it's for that purpose ultimately. They will be doing this in the midst of their normal boatel lift in/out traffic of the day. Preference would be to get the PR participants in the water as early as possible doing like 30 minute blocks as normal traffic would allow. Friday evening would be the perfect scenario. Saturday of course the meeting/start time is to be considered, as would possibly waiting in line to be lifted etc. when determining your arrival time Saturday morning.

Just give the guys at OM a call 757-321-7471/7433 and let them know when to expect you so they can write it down for planning purposes. Ideally for them you get a slip overnight so they wouldn't have to work you in at the end of the day Saturday again in the midst of their normal customers.
Old 03-28-2006, 02:01 PM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

Lots of people are already securing their Ocean Marine overnight slips. BUT the marina folks are concerned the some of the slip reservations may wait up unitl the last minute to register for the run. Basically if they have not received a registration by the end of the month for those reserving early, they will lose their reservations in favor of locked in registrants. After all they blocking off several slips for the event as it is. Plus with the usual "I want to be put next to so and so" requests, locked in registrations as well as slips, makes it easier for them to accomodate special buddy requests. So jump off the fence and get locked in ASAP.
Old 03-28-2006, 02:47 PM
Are we having fun, yet?
Charter Member

Hey Rick, Thanks for adding the post about forking boats off trailers. Now, are the directions to the marina (by roadway) anywhere in the posts? I may have overlooked them. Thanks,
Old 03-29-2006, 10:18 AM
Registered

I made my reservation for Saturday night.. Will be mailing in my Registration Forms soon.. I might just tow over to OM and use their facilities... Would save a hell of a lot of gas than running from Jordan Point or the Chick... I guess I will call them to make arrangements for the fork lift launch Friday night or Saturday morning... Do they have plenty of parking for the tow rigs?? And what the best way to get there from the Williamsburg Area on Friday? 664?? to where?
Old 03-29-2006, 12:20 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Steve and I will be running down river, leaving Hopewell at 4:30 on Friday afternoon, maybe earlier??????

James
Old 03-29-2006, 12:27 PM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Plenty of parking for rigs.
Looking to be a pretty big event from the buzz I am hearing.
Slip reservations made, Registration was mailed last week.

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron
Old 03-29-2006, 05:25 PM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

http://www.maptech.com/mymaps/mymaps.cfm?mid=48473|301153621030828

http://www.oceanmarinellc.com/marina/index.html

Here's a Maptech shot of the general location, and OM's website. I would suggest Matquesting your way there. Just look for the big white tent covering of the N-Telos Amphitheater that sits squarely between the OM boatel and the OM wet-slip marina just a short walk from the Renaissance Hotel, Holiday Inn, and the Tidewater Yachr center. Andof course a very short ferry ride to Waterside.
Attached Thumbnails Ocean Marine Portsmouth, VA Poker Run May 20th-om-photo.jpg  
Old 04-19-2006, 02:01 PM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

Registrations are pouring in. Great kickoff to the 2006 summer boating season.

Quick Reply: Ocean Marine Portsmouth, VA Poker Run May 20th

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.