MHYC Poker Run/ OPA Race - July 8th - 9th >

MHYC Poker Run/ OPA Race - July 8th - 9th

Notices

MHYC Poker Run/ OPA Race - July 8th - 9th

Old 05-24-2006, 07:30 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: MHYC Poker Run/ OPA Race - July 8th - 9th

Poker Run Packets are now available for this event .... Forward me you e-mail addy if you would like to get one .
Old 06-20-2006, 04:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Three more days before the preregistration discount is over.
Old 06-21-2006, 09:33 PM
Registered

How many pre-registrations are there so far??????????
Old 06-22-2006, 07:23 AM
Registered

If you decide to watch the races out on the lake, will you be able to see any of the race? Just curious as we're kicking this around since we have a 17 year old who has never seen a boat race. I'd like him to "see" it, not just hear it.
Old 06-22-2006, 07:45 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by rastinger
If you decide to watch the races out on the lake, will you be able to see any of the race? Just curious as we're kicking this around since we have a 17 year old who has never seen a boat race. I'd like him to "see" it, not just hear it.

Yes you can watch the race in the lake. The race will run from the harbour entance going east to the water intake area down by headlands beach. Spectator viewing will be to the north and at either end of the course, no spectator boats will be allowd along the shoreline for safety concerns... Best viewing is generally at turn 1 just to the west and north of the harbour entrance. Hope to see you there, it will be a great time
Old 06-22-2006, 10:56 AM
Registered

MKRAMER,

I have no idea as to the # of registrations. I'm in Naples, FL. Dave Bricker is handling things up there.

John Schultz
Old 06-22-2006, 03:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Springbrook
MKRAMER,

I have no idea as to the # of registrations. I'm in Naples, FL. Dave Bricker is handling things up there.

John Schultz

Thanks John............
Old 06-22-2006, 03:40 PM
I'd rather be boating!
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by rastinger
Last time they ran here, viewing was better from shore. Closer to the boats. We'll probably watch from our old house if you'd like to join us.
Old 06-22-2006, 08:19 PM
Registered

The course is different from the one we ran in 2003 & 2004 - it will be a rectangular course running from just east of the inlet to Mentor out to the bouy by the water intake - no more heading out northeast and then back towards the bouy. Figured this would be a lot better viewing for everyone involved, both from the shore and also out on the water. Start/Finish line will be off of the Mentor Lagoons Park beach as it was in previous years. The course will be run clockwise.

GLOPRA could use any and all folks interested in being turn/patrol/medical boats. If you're interested, PM or email me and I will forward your contact information on to the proper people. One of the greatest things we saw when we raced was up in Grand Haven, when there were boats all along the outer perimeter of the course...couldn't miss where you were going. Would be great to show all the guys from the East Coast the same sort of turnout!

Thanks!
Old 06-22-2006, 10:55 PM
I'd rather be boating!
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by P5NAV
The course is different from the one we ran in 2003 & 2004 - it will be a rectangular course running from just east of the inlet to Mentor out to the bouy by the water intake - no more heading out northeast and then back towards the bouy. Figured this would be a lot better viewing for everyone involved, both from the shore and also out on the water. Start/Finish line will be off of the Mentor Lagoons Park beach as it was in previous years. The course will be run clockwise.
Is a course map or coordinates available? One leg of the rectangle will be run near the shore? We have watched this race from the water in the past and the patrol boats wouldn't let us get close enough to hardly tell one boat from another. People that watched from shore said they had an excellent view.

Quick Reply: MHYC Poker Run/ OPA Race - July 8th - 9th

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.