Jacksonville "It's Poker Run Time"

Old 05-10-2006, 06:36 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Jacksonville "It's Poker Run Time"

Jacksonville Police / Fire River Rally Charity Poker Run

http://www.jaxriverrallypokerrun.com/

Guys & Gals, I am honored to once again bring you the details of what I consider the best Poker Run value for the dollar on the Southeast. This run has grown every year and offers more fun and entertainment every year.

It is time to make your plans to attend the 5th annual Jacksonville Poker Run which raises money for the Fire Department and Police Department Charities. This is for a GREAT cause with the proceeds going to the “Leukemia & Lymphoma Society”.

What makes the Jacksonville Poker Run the value it is and the favorite of many?

Free Helicopter DVD and Picture Package included in Entry by “Stu Jones”

Free Launch Ramp – Less then a mile from the marina.

Free Slip at the Jacksonville Jaguar Football Stadium Marina

Free Trailer Parking

Great Hotels with good rates “Hyatt River Front & Hilton”

Swim Suit Review with the famous “Hooters Girls”

Eight Bands Playing over Weekend

Lots of FREE Food (& a little FREE BEER Friday Night)

Cool T-Shirts and many other gifts

Great Prizes totally several Thousand Dollars

Lunch at the World Famous “Outback Crab Shack” with a 1200 Foot long dock!

You can make it a one day trip and just do the Poker Run on Saturday, June 10th, or you can plan to be in early and make the fun run to St. Augustine on Friday the 9th, or like many you can come in Thursday the 8th, enjoy boating on the beautiful St. Johns River, and stay through Sunday and run to the must see “Silver Glenn” South of Jacksonville.

This event grows larger & larger every year with 150 boats registered last year!

If you want to see Bill Pyburn, Jr.’s BEAUTIFUL custom one of a kind 47 NorTech cat named “Ballistic” make its debut then this is the event to be at. With 3600 + Keith Eickert Horsepower under the hatch it will be a real show.

Expect to see James Chapman running is beautiful 39 NorTech V-bottom at well over 100+ MPH.

Baja will be there again this year as a sponsor with the already famous “Poker Face” the new carbon fiber 35 Outlaw with killer paint and Merc 525’s running over 90 MPH.

The lineup last year included “Nashville Cats”, “XXX” from Outerlimits, and Fox Chapel Marine with the beautiful custom 40 Outlaw with the incredible western theme paint job.

Reggie Fountain is always a regular as is Steve Stepp of Velocity, both with a large following of loyal owners.

Randy Swears of FastBoats.com and a lot of loyal NorTech owners.

Almost every brand is represented in force from 16 foot to 50 foot including Cigarette, Fountain, Outerlimits, Velocity, Baja, Sonic, Black Thunder, Apache, Active Thunder, Donzi, Scarab, Activator, NorTech, MTI, Eliminator, Spectre and many others.

This run takes you South of Jacksonville in fresh water five great card stops and a lunch stop at the “Outback Crab Shack” that is out of this world. There is nothing like having plenty of parking for 150 of the hottest boats in the Southeast at one time and enjoying the finest sea food in the area with a great band to entertain you. Not to mention they bring in a fuel truck to the site for those that need a little extra go juice for the run!

The dates are June 8th to the 10th and you don’t want to miss this event that promises to once again be more exciting then ever.

Log on to the website for all the details and easy registration. Or call Big Bill Pyburn at 904-386-6845 and tell him “Dock Holiday” sent you!

http://www.jaxriverrallypokerrun.com/

Rooms are selling out fast at the Hyatt, and Big Bill has worked out a great deal across the river at the Hilton. The shuttle bus will run for the folks at the Hilton the same as for those at the Hyatt.

Don’t miss out on the run of the year.

If you thought the Jacksonville Landing was rocking for the Super Bowl, then you ain’t seen nothing yet!

If you’ve already registered “Thank You” and sign on to this thread and let everyone know you will be there!
Old 05-10-2006, 07:59 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Default Re: Jacksonville "It's Poker Run Time"

Nice!
Attached Thumbnails Jacksonville "It's Poker Run Time"-dsc05836.jpg   Jacksonville "It's Poker Run Time"-dsc05941.jpg   Jacksonville "It's Poker Run Time"-dsc05995.jpg  

Old 05-10-2006, 08:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Landing looks allot different with such a small crowd. When we go for Fl vs Ga weekend, you cann't move anywhere.
Old 05-10-2006, 08:20 PM
Registered

I just found out tonight that I will be available to attend. Hyatt is sold out according to website, couldn't find any info for Hilton. Can someone post web or phone for it? thx
Old 05-10-2006, 08:36 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Originally Posted by UNSANE
I just found out tonight that I will be available to attend. Hyatt is sold out according to website, couldn't find any info for Hilton. Can someone post web or phone for it? thx
Sorry, I was told Hilton, but I think it is now called the Crown Plaza.

The info is on the website.

Crowne Plaza Hotel
JACKSONVILLE-RIVERFRONT
1201 RIVERPLACE BLVD.
JACKSONVILLE, FL 32207
UNITED STATES

Hotel Reservations: 1 877 2 CROWNE (877 227 6963)
Hotel Front Desk: 1-904-3988800

Hotel Fax: 1-904-3989170
Old 05-10-2006, 08:52 PM
Registered

Aha!!! Found it. Thanks!!! btw, is that on the same side of the river as the boat ramp?
Old 05-10-2006, 09:04 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Originally Posted by UNSANE
Aha!!! Found it. Thanks!!! btw, is that on the same side of the river as the boat ramp?
There is a ramp right there near by. We used it in March, but it is shallow. You will want to hit it at high tide. Pictures

Then you have Arlington just North. I hear that they have rebuilt Arlington since last year.
Attached Thumbnails Jacksonville "It's Poker Run Time"-dsc09799.jpg   Jacksonville "It's Poker Run Time"-dsc09808.jpg  
Old 05-10-2006, 09:53 PM
Registered

Thanks!!! I'll keep that in mind about the tides. Where can we leave the vehicles and trailers? I hope to come up Thurs. Any word on the Goodby's creek ramp. Has it stopped falling into the water My mom lives off of Baymeadows so that is convienient, still on the fence about spending the cash for a hotel when family is so close but want to party without worries too. (Driving) Debating on spending the extra gas money and putting in down at Astor and going there by boat. I would like to make the Sunday run but it's not practical to boat almost to home, turn around go back to Jax and then drive home I look foward to meeting you all nonetheless and having a lot of fun. I was up there a month back and enjoyed the area, Bill Sr. showed me where the Crabshack was and had a great time hanging out with Mark Pickard as well. Everybody was great! And at the rate I'm going, if I win 1st prize, I might break even for the whole weekend But you know what? It sure as hell beats sitting around a campfire singing "Kumbaya" eating wheatgrass! (damn hippies)
Old 05-10-2006, 09:59 PM
Registered

Trucks and trailers were left in the stadium parking lot right next to the marina last year. They had courtesy busses that would take you back and forth to the hotel.

Also.... we have a small group that leaves from Astor mid-day Thursday for the past few years.
Old 05-11-2006, 09:32 AM
Registered

I'll be part of that small group, can't wait for the run...

Quick Reply: Jacksonville "It's Poker Run Time"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.