Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
Traverse City Air Show!!!??? >

Traverse City Air Show!!!???

Notices

Traverse City Air Show!!!???

Old 06-15-2006, 08:12 AM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts
Default Re: Traverse City Air Show!!!???

Gee thanks Wrink....A couple of Hobie Cats and Sea Doos---just what I've always wanted! Heck, if I run down with them we just might make it to the air show on time if we start out of Elk at 6AM.

Are there any nice hotels like Comfort Inn or something around Elk Lake/Torch Lake area with parking room enough for my truck and trailer?
Old 06-15-2006, 08:25 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KAAMA
Gee thanks Wrink....A couple of Hobie Cats and Sea Doos---just what I've always wanted! Heck, if I run down with them we just might make it to the air show on time if we start out of Elk at 6AM.

Are there any nice hotels like Comfort Inn or something around Elk Lake/Torch Lake area with parking room enough for my truck and trailer?
Mark, there is a motel just on the north side of ER on the water. Don't remember what the brand is. Call ER chamber and ask. Good luck
Old 06-15-2006, 10:00 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is a link to some of the places in Elk Rapids to stay. I think the one Wrinkleface might be talking about is called Elk Rapids Beach Resort. Here is the link....
http://www.michiweb.com/elkrapids/lodging/
Old 06-15-2006, 10:38 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Thats all condos that rent by the week tthat ime of year try the Camolot Inn just south of ER or stay on your boat.
Old 06-15-2006, 10:43 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by dyno
Thats all condos that rent by the week tthat ime of year try the Camolot Inn just south of ER or stay on your boat.
I think the Elk Rapids Beach one rents nightly, and the Camelot one rents nightly, but your right, the others are weekly condo rentals from what I see.
Old 06-15-2006, 12:46 PM

Is there ANYONE else running out of Elk Rapids that day for the air show???
Mark, if I go I can come down there and put in, and hold your hand on the way down. Plus save hundreds of $s in gas JB
Old 06-15-2006, 12:52 PM
Registered

Just booked a room at the Days Inn just down the road from Elk Rapids. Thanks gang!
Old 06-15-2006, 08:51 PM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

The Days Inn is in TC ???there isnt one near Elk that I can think of.....the Elk Rapids Beach Resort is completely condos now SuperV owns one its managed through paradise properties if you want to rent your unit but I'm sure you wont be able to get a single night over the 4th but you can try.
Old 06-16-2006, 07:02 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by dyno
The Days Inn is in TC ???there isnt one near Elk that I can think of......
Yeah, it's near TC, but heck, if I remember correctly it's only about 7 miles or so from Elk and it's right on U.S. 31. I wouldn't mind staying at those condos where Wade is, but I really don't think I need anything that elaborate---would be nice though! Looking forward to being up there soon and runnin' with all of ya'll.

Anyway, putting the battery charger on this AM, fire it up on the hose, and then going to take it down to St.Joe later on this afternoon and drop it in for the first time this year. Saturday, I'll probably run up from St.Joe to South Haven for their Harbor Fest and take a look around. It'll be a good day/weekend to be on the water cuz it's gonna be a hot one---temps are supposed to be in the 90's.
Old 06-16-2006, 07:19 AM
Registered

Yeah, it's near TC, but heck, if I remember correctly it's only about 7 miles or so from Elk and it's right on U.S. 31.
Its a little further than 7 miles, I think its about 15, but you'll be good to go leaving from there. You'll be headed out of town to head to Elk Rapids, when everyone and their brother will be trying to get in to Traverse. Have fun out there, and maybe we'll see some of you guys on the water.

Quick Reply: Traverse City Air Show!!!???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.