Lake Texoma High Roller Poker Run Labor Day

Old 09-06-2006, 02:04 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Cool Re: Lake Texoma High Roller Poker Run Labor Day

Originally Posted by tee4texas
question and not meant to sound like a smart a**...........just curious

the offshoreONLY moniker implies salt water to me........much of the posting here if not the majority seems to be related to freshwater bodies. Has the site just progressed from a salt water only philosophy to a salt/freshwater or is there a story behind the name.
Thanks,
OFFSHOREONLY.............Experience the thrill of Powerboating online. It's the style of boats not the water.
Old 09-06-2006, 08:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Lake Texoma High Roller Poker Run Labor Day

All shores are off water .
The owner of that boat has plenty of experience .He's run dozens of pace laps in major races . He knows whats safe and whats not . Sorry about the pretty girls ,I read how you dislike them

To be frank I think Bass boat's are the most dangerous thing on the water . I've been in the biggest to smallest raceboats ,I always feel safe . We guntels any way . You guys are surfboards with motors ,no way to hang on in the slightest incident .
Poo,

True - I have never been in a sanctioned boat race but I understand and appreciate them

False - I dont drive a bass boat........never have. But I understand why people have them - but its not my style

You are implying I am gay? Even my passed grandmother has more game than that

Poo - I dont debate through name-calling and dancing devils. If you have substance you want to discuss, then throw it out there and I will consider if its worth a go...........until then, we dont have a lot to discuss
Old 09-06-2006, 08:22 PM
Registered

I guess the post delete says it all
Old 09-06-2006, 08:27 PM
Poo
Banned

I told you last nite deleting is my game .

I said I read youre post on not liking pretty girls on the dock's where they were visible . If you are gay ,Not that theres anything wrong with that ! LOL

I'm just hav'n fun with you .You are only here to argue any way . So why not poke the Bear ? Save me a PBR .
Old 09-06-2006, 08:28 PM
Registered

thanks blume..........that makes sense

where is that launch site...........not familiar with a gravel launch - maybe grandpapppy marina on the east end? WHen I trailer, I typically put in at Lowes Highport unless theres no parking.
Old 09-06-2006, 09:27 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by HigherPower
I`ll be there all weekend, but only as a spectator for the pr.
I assume I`ll have the only Sutphen on the lake....? Mine is white with red stripes. Wave hello if you see me this weekend.

Here's a shrunk down pic. I'm sure it's you from what you've said.

Let me know if you want the original full size and res pic.
Attached Thumbnails Lake Texoma High Roller Poker Run Labor Day-sutphen-donman.jpg  
Old 09-06-2006, 10:14 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep Jim,
That`s me and the old Sutphen. I did see a guy taking pictures , but didn`t realize it was you . nice !
We had just taken off and were "racing" my brother-in-law back towards the Willis bridge. I won....
Old 09-07-2006, 08:24 AM
Registered

lol - yes, correct.....some old habits are hard to break. I lived next to the lowes at one time and there were always interesting events going on.

All the locals and many north texans still call it Lowes........I doubt it will change for a while. Prob going to take gen y to stop use of the name.

I do believe highport has the best dock set-ups, and best access - plus best food on the tx side. I dont slip my boat at this time but when I do thats my preference.

Last edited by tee4texas; 09-07-2006 at 08:41 AM.
Old 09-07-2006, 01:29 PM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by tee4texas
thanks blume..........that makes sense

where is that launch site...........not familiar with a gravel launch - maybe grandpapppy marina on the east end? WHen I trailer, I typically put in at Lowes Highport unless theres no parking.
That gravel site you are looking at in the picture IS Highport. You must not see it often. I bet if any of the Loes were reading this thread they would get a good chuckle.

On another note, I wish only positive things be spoken in public regarding this years event.
Old 09-07-2006, 01:50 PM
Registered

EH40 -

correct - it looked like an all gravel launch at first which made me wonder but now I can see that they must be on the ramp - eyes aint what they used to be - yes the correct spelling is Loes also thanks

Quick Reply: Lake Texoma High Roller Poker Run Labor Day

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.