Catamarans - Solomons Island Boaters Thaw Out Party >

Catamarans - Solomons Island Boaters Thaw Out Party

Notices

Catamarans - Solomons Island Boaters Thaw Out Party

Old 02-22-2007, 03:50 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Battle creek has a beach which is a few miles up the patuxent river, just past broomes island. The beach is a penninsula with deep calm water on one side and a large sandbar on the other.Where you pull your boat up, it is very calm water and very deep. You can leave your drive all the way down when you pull up onto the beach. There's usually about 8 or 10 go fasts pulled up on the beach. Then at the end of the afternoon a lot of people usually make a run up to tiki bar for some cocktails.
Old 02-23-2007, 08:37 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by marylandmark
I am right down the road in Port Tobacco.

PTM is going to be be ROCKIN this year!!!!
Have they dredged yet??
Old 02-23-2007, 04:43 PM
Charter Member # 545
Gold Member

Originally Posted by 43Thunder
Have they dredged yet??
Jason was busy dredging last summer. His barge of choice was a 43 Black Thuder with triples. I mean Thunder.
Old 02-23-2007, 09:33 PM
Registered

As long as someone is willing to pay $2500 a piece for a set of props, we'll bring the 50 Sea Ray in there.
Old 02-24-2007, 07:26 AM
Charter Member # 545
Gold Member

Originally Posted by aviatorg3
Just looking for some fellow boaters in the southern Maryland area. I noticed that you had a get together, and wondering if in the future you guys would welcome a newbie? Just curious if anyone is interested in getting a couple of performance boats or non-performance together for Grand opening of the Tiki Bar April 20th? If there is something already in the works I wouldn't mind lending a hand to help coordinate something.
Thanks
The Tiki Bar is a challange, in more ways than one. Slips limited, need to park a week in advance, the rest of the city doesnt want the opening going on. Law enforcement does a good job controlling the crowds, but plan on getting a room or staying on your boat do not drive, if you had anything to drink. The weather usually sucks on that weekend. If you go leave your boat at home, or take it on Sat. We are right down the road in Port Tobacco, boat out of Goose Bay. Usually at Gilligans, Fairview Beach, or Tims. Port Tobacco reopens this season. Probably spend some time their also.
Old 02-24-2007, 07:30 AM
Charter Member # 545
Gold Member

Originally Posted by 43Thunder
As long as someone is willing to pay $2500 a piece for a set of props, we'll bring the 50 Sea Ray in there.
Thats about the same as props for a 6 drive. Im sure you wouldnt hit anything getting in and out of their.
Old 02-24-2007, 09:27 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

port tobacco was always tough, had to zig zag like crazy, my tiger would have a fit. It's even bad on the north end of the island Bill, hard to swing a big boat out there. Are they going to dredge Neale sound anytime soon? I plan on hitting Cobb island a few times this year, for some weekend stays. I'll do the same thing. leave annapolis early sat morning.

here is a pic from our cottage looking out the north end of the island.
Attached Thumbnails Catamarans - Solomons Island Boaters Thaw Out Party-tiger-008.jpg  
Old 02-24-2007, 01:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just reserved a slip for the Tiki bar opening. I hope the weather is good. It sucked the last two years. Maybe this year will be different. I have a slip at Harbor Island Marina, but the dock just on the other side of the Tiki dock. 3rd space in from the road. Great spot. Anyone one is more than welcome to stop by. As always, I get a room at the Holiday Inn. Can't be drinking or driving/boating.

Whats over in Port Tobacco? Any Bars?

Thanks
Old 02-24-2007, 03:18 PM
Charter Member # 545
Gold Member

Port Tobacco Marina, just rebuilt, it will be a popular destination this summer. It was before the hurricane flooded it for the 1000 time. Capt. Billys, Robertson, Gilligans, all three on the Potomac just south of Port Tobacco, Fairveiw Beach to the North. Plenty of places to hang out. Usually a group of 5-6 performance boats meet a Goose Bay and decide where to go. Sunsations, Skater, Formula, Fountain, Black Thunder. Welcome to join in.
Old 02-25-2007, 07:38 PM
Charter Member # 545
Gold Member

Ill believe it when I see it. Concept....arent they fishing boats?

Quick Reply: Catamarans - Solomons Island Boaters Thaw Out Party

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.