Catamarans - Solomons Island Boaters Thaw Out Party

Notices

Catamarans - Solomons Island Boaters Thaw Out Party

Old 02-26-2007, 12:06 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aviatorg3
I just reserved a slip for the Tiki bar opening. I hope the weather is good. It sucked the last two years. Maybe this year will be different. I have a slip at Harbor Island Marina, but the dock just on the other side of the Tiki dock. 3rd space in from the road. Great spot. Anyone one is more than welcome to stop by. As always, I get a room at the Holiday Inn. Can't be drinking or driving/boating.

Whats over in Port Tobacco? Any Bars?

Thanks
I'll stop by and say hello early in the afternoon. For some reason at opening, my memory goes down along with the sunset.
Old 02-27-2007, 12:02 PM
Registered

I'm gonna have to track you guys down on the potomac this summer coming , i had alot of fun last year between tims II and gilligans and Cobb island , and no one even mentioned A.C's Sports grill in coles point , but 15 minutes south of the 301 bridge on the VA shore , or just re-opened this year is the Riverboat @ colonial beach Va , just in case you wanna bet the ponies
I'll be the one going way slower then you in a 24 checkmate enforcer
Old 02-27-2007, 03:41 PM
Registered

shoot , we have a few months to figure it out , i love poker runs
especially if there for a charity , then i can justify spending even more money
Old 02-28-2007, 07:35 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ENFORCER24
I'm gonna have to track you guys down on the potomac this summer coming , i had alot of fun last year between tims II and gilligans and Cobb island , and no one even mentioned A.C's Sports grill in coles point , but 15 minutes south of the 301 bridge on the VA shore , or just re-opened this year is the Riverboat @ colonial beach Va , just in case you wanna bet the ponies
I'll be the one going way slower then you in a 24 checkmate enforcer

A.C.'s was one of the stops on the Coles Point poker run last year.....never been there before. We always like to find a new place every year. Year before that we discovered Fitzies behind St. Clements Island. AWESOME place. GREAT atmosphere.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:00 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Someone mentioned wanting to know about get togethers and events. . . .

a fellow river rat has put together a website that you can go check out that carries a list of the events (both bikers and boats) . . . I probably shouldn't advertise it here so PM me and I'll get you the info!
Old 04-16-2007, 10:42 PM
Registered

Just in case anyone goes looking for me at tiki bar. I'm trying to get the boat ready by Friday. I hope all goes well and I get to take the boat.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:35 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
port tobacco was always tough, had to zig zag like crazy, my tiger would have a fit. It's even bad on the north end of the island Bill, hard to swing a big boat out there. Are they going to dredge Neale sound anytime soon? I plan on hitting Cobb island a few times this year, for some weekend stays. I'll do the same thing. leave annapolis early sat morning.

here is a pic from our cottage looking out the north end of the island.

Hey Rob,

If you want to use the top side of Neale Sound it is quite easy if you know how to get in and out. I did a little dredging one night coming back from Colonial Beach . I use either boat in and out either end of the island depending on where I'm going.

Why don't you trailer down to Shymansky's and launch from there? Much less $$$$ than running all the way from Annapolis although not as much fun.

Call me when you come down and we will meet up.

Nice picture by the way.
Old 04-28-2007, 06:03 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by 43Thunder
Hey Rob,

If you want to use the top side of Neale Sound it is quite easy if you know how to get in and out. I did a little dredging one night coming back from Colonial Beach . I use either boat in and out either end of the island depending on where I'm going.

Why don't you trailer down to Shymansky's and launch from there? Much less $$$$ than running all the way from Annapolis although not as much fun.

Call me when you come down and we will meet up.

Nice picture by the way.
I can get out the top end, you really have to hug the markers and at low tide the length of our boats spans the channel there, lol...When I do come down there I will tow and drop in at Bruces, like we did last time. green on port heading out the top end

My brother lives directly across from Gilligans on the king george side.