Notices

Hudson River Poker Run

Old 04-06-2007, 02:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hudson River Poker Run

YES…….Pat H. (“ MR.ACTIVE THUNDER”) will be bringing a NEW, SHOW-STOPPING, 37-700 SCI to the HUDSON RIVER POKER RUN June 16-17. Join Pat and the “A-TEAM" (ACTIVE THUNDER BOAT OWNERS) for a tech and new boat session and participate in the event.

All entry costs for A-Team members are FREE (with/without boats).

More details…[email protected] 516-295-0663
Old 04-06-2007, 03:57 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Thats great. Sounds like a sweet ride see ya there.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:37 AM
Registered

It will be nice to see some other awesome boats there . Other than O L that is! Don't get me wrong but it seems to have turned in to an O L show. I think they are awesome too but variety is the spice of life! From the amount of spectator boats out there at that event I'd think everyone would want to represent.
Old 04-20-2007, 07:49 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

NYC is OL country. Hope they bring the new cat this year.
Old 05-03-2007, 02:05 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

I'll probably be there too!

-mike
'14 VW Touareg TDI
'17 Holden Commodore 6MT
'13 Subaru BRZ Spec 86 Cup Race Car
Old 05-03-2007, 07:31 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

We may go. It's still up in the air.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:24 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
Thumbs up

The NEW YORK CITY POWERBOAT POKER RUN 2007….

People love it, a few scratch their heads, but they all agree that this is where the action is.

The New York City Powerboat Poker Run was the 1st Poker Run to be broadcast on International TV, on the Speedvision Network, on the Discovery Channel's popular Monster Nation and on numerous other TV Specials and TV News broadcasts.

The New York City Powerboat Poker Run was the first Poker Run branded a race. Its legendary “King of the Hudson” run from the George Washington Bridge to the Tappan Zee Bridge brought fame and national exposure to Poker Run teams, hull manufacturers, engine builders and many other marine manufacturers. In the interest of safety, the “King of the Hudson ” segment has been removed from this year’s schedule, but discussions are under way to hold the "King of the Hudson Race" as an invitational event later this season or in a different format included in next year’s New York City Poker Run.

In the true spirit of a poker run, the winning hand for the last 3 years has been a single engine 24 to 27 foot boat run by a 1st time “rookie”…proving that speed or size does not matter.

This annual spectacle of speed and glamour continues to showcase the finest machinery of the industry ranging from Performance Boats, Hi-Performance Engines and drives, Yachts, Motor Coaches, Luxury Sports Cars, and the numerous fans that cherish and support this sport. It is the only Poker Run that shares Tony Sopranos’ back yard and the bright lights, glamour, and sights & sounds of NEW YORK CITY.

For a preview of the event on TV, watch the Channel 11, WPIX News morning show on Thursday, June 14th, 7 am to 9 am, and catch Larry Hoff’s impressions of what this type of boating does for him! Last Year's 10th Anniversary Special will also be featured on Powerboat Television on the OUTDOOR Channel in early July. You can also go to www.nationalpowerboat.com and view video and photos about this one-of-a-kind show and pick up all of the particulars in case you want to enter.

It is an event that survived 9-11-2001…being headquartered adjacent to the “Statue of Liberty” and just 1 mile west of Ground Zero at Liberty Landing Marina, numerous restrictions were placed on all crafts navigating the Hudson River including the northern portion of the course which approaches West Point and the Indian Head Nuclear Plant.

Ya’ never know…you could be the next winner of

the NEW YORK CITY POWERBOAT POKER RUN…

….or have a heck of a lot of fun with your pals trying.

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 05-12-2007, 09:33 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Fountain 40 you trader change to a Cig name already. Come to support Billy you blank blank blank. Can't call you any names because I like you. Come to NYC and get your ass kicked by a Fountain full of Girls in swim siuts. My daughters don't tought . So far no Glen Cove poker run this year , that sucks. I have had more fun at that run than any other. More than NYC ,AC , LG, manhas, Will screw it thats the way it is .
Old 05-12-2007, 09:47 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ReggieRaft
Fountain 40 you trader change to a Cig name already. Come to support Billy you blank blank blank. Can't call you any names because I like you. Come to NYC and get your ass kicked by a Fountain full of Girls in swim siuts. My daughters don't tought . So far no Glen Cove poker run this year , that sucks. I have had more fun at that run than any other. More than NYC ,AC , LG, manhas, Will screw it thats the way it is .
We just may do that. I'll talk to my Dad more about going. Your right on the name, why would I want to be associated with Fountains now that we have a number one on our boat! Since your boats faster just send those girls in swim suits over to the Cig to ride in Style. You have to come up to the Mohegan Sun Poker Runs America event in CT. It's a great event and a great time! I guarentee it!

Danny
The Kid