Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im ready
Old 06-15-2007, 09:59 AM
Are We There Yet?
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by team Tickfaw
So who locally is going to make the royal purple. Have been the last 6 -7 years but never actually made the run. We end up staying at prop stop all day and watching the wet t no t contest. Looks like we are going to the capt's party in Baton Rouge. Lea's birthday is that friday so we're trying to plan a good time.
James is working, so Stalkin may not be out. Ms Stalkin will be on Non Conforming with her look alike and wonderful Brother-n-law!
Old 06-15-2007, 01:04 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess I'll add a helmet to the endless list of stuff to buy for the boat...
Old 06-17-2007, 09:35 PM
Registered

was wondering what yall thought about the run? I felt the quality of boats were way down from years past or the tf 200! Also since propstop reserved all the spots on the dock the party on land was not the same. Dock was empty till 4;oo when boats came back, last year only half the spots were reserved which made the party better. Only my 2 cents!
Old 06-17-2007, 09:54 PM
Registered

my first run in since last year overall had fun the docking situation was a little tuff but my brother and i had a blast aj that skater is sick. and doug not sure if your a member yet the tiger looked great buddy.. thank god it wasnt as hot as it has been last week with no a/c that cockpit was cookin......
Old 06-18-2007, 07:31 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 22zxla
was wondering what yall thought about the run? I felt the quality of boats were way down from years past or the tf 200! Also since propstop reserved all the spots on the dock the party on land was not the same. Dock was empty till 4;oo when boats came back, last year only half the spots were reserved which made the party better. Only my 2 cents!
Reportedly, there were some boats that came in from Florida and weren't aware of the reserved parking spots. When they heard about it, they loaded up and went home. Again, only what I heard. We didn't get on the water till late and then just rode over to Slidell and grabbed some grub and a few drinks at The Dock. But, from the boats I saw, quality and numbers were definitely down overall.
Old 06-18-2007, 09:17 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Croozin2
Reportedly, there were some boats that came in from Florida and weren't aware of the reserved parking spots. When they heard about it, they loaded up and went home. Again, only what I heard. We didn't get on the water till late and then just rode over to Slidell and grabbed some grub and a few drinks at The Dock. But, from the boats I saw, quality and numbers were definitely down overall.
What kind of shape is Slidell in now? Is the resteraunt open in Eden Isles (Phil Oyster Bar or something like that)? Used to love making that run over there.
Old 06-18-2007, 09:58 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

John, Thanks for the hospitality. I enjoyed the run with you guys!! Looked at my GPS map yesterday and we went all over with an odometer reading of 165 miles.

Went to Madisonville on Sunday and ate at Morton's for Father's day. Spent some time on the beach and went home. Got back to LC at 7pm.
Old 06-18-2007, 10:00 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

It didn't look like there were very many boats on the Royal Purple to me. We were at Blind River when they came through. We did have fun in Marepas with the boats coming back to the prop stop!! Thunderstruck ran well.
Old 06-18-2007, 10:07 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Thunderstruck
John, Thanks for the hospitality. I enjoyed the run with you guys!! Looked at my GPS map yesterday and we went all over with an odometer reading of 165 miles.

Went to Madisonville on Sunday and ate at Morton's for Father's day. Spent some time on the beach and went home. Got back to LC at 7pm.
Tom, y'all are welcome to come run with us anytime. We covered a little over 60 miles, way farther than it felt like. Wish we could have made it over to Sun Buns but I knew I wouldn't have time to get the boat cleaned up and on the trailer before I headed back to Baton Rouge.

Do you have a flyer or anything info you can email me on the Calc Boat Club poker run? I'd like to circulate it at the next meeting, see if we can get a decent size group to trailer over for it.

Quick Reply: Royal Purple poker run

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.