Old 07-22-2007, 09:18 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any word on how many are signed up?
Old 07-23-2007, 07:06 AM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

I went in the marina last night to check out the depth. It is 6-7 ft most everywhere! Much deeper than in recent years!!
Old 07-23-2007, 11:09 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Is that what you told the wife, "I have to take the boat out to check the water depth at the marina"!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-23-2007, 11:21 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by bobkatz
Is that what you told the wife, "I have to take the boat out to check the water depth at the marina"!!!!!!!!!!!

And she bought it!!

Can we see a pic of your Mystic?
Old 07-23-2007, 12:33 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is one, it's a lot bigger than the Fountain. We will be down Sat for the run, there are a lot of lose ends that I'm tring to wrap up before the weekend.
Attached Thumbnails Cincinnati poker run-100_1946.jpg  
Old 07-23-2007, 01:45 PM
Registered

from what I can tell from talking to poeple there will be a lot more sitting and watching then running.

Anyone know the route/stops yet?
Old 07-23-2007, 04:36 PM
Registered

Down to Smugglers cove @ craigs creek(warsaw, ky) for lunch. Then back to watertown for dinner. 60 miles each way.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:42 PM
Registered

We will be there to watch.
Old 07-24-2007, 03:25 AM
Registered

We look forward to seeing everyone this weekend. For any questions about the marina and facilities please visit www.watertownyc.com . As for getting to the marina or launching a boat, do NOT turn at the Family dollar store......continue straight on route 8. Follow the route eight signs. You will make one left turn (at four way stop) onto Clay st and two stops signs later, a right onto fourth Ave....follow that till it ends at stop sign at end of flood wall.....turn left.....you will immediately see the marina on the right. I would not advise making this trip pulling a 40 foot Carver with a 14 foot beam, but it is not too bad pulling an 8'6 beam boat. Traffic will be light at these two turns.
Old 07-24-2007, 04:19 AM
Registered

Sorry to double post....just thought I should add to the above. We run the restaurants (Tropics-upstairs and The Reef-poolside). We took them over this year, after watching the marina staff dredge the whole harbor this past winter. We watched them pull out the Reef and the head boat to dredge, as well as the rest of the harbor. There really is water there this year. I pulled my boat from there two years ago and would not be back and certainly not be running the restaurants if they had not done it right this time. They did.
Yes, the old access road is closed for construction. Don't even try it. The alternate route is pretty much the same distance, just not along the riverfront. You will be going through several stop lights, but other than two turns, it is a straight shot. In each direction there is one lane of traffic and one lane of parked cars. Not a pretty sight if you are seriously over-width, but for most powerboats, this is not a problem. Traffic in Dayton, KY is usually pretty light and the two turns in town should not be a problem. There are other ramps on the Ohio Side(such as Schmidt field), but I should point out that this is Jimmy Buffet concert weekend and Cincy Music Fest (formerly Kool Jazz Fest) weekend. Besides the traffic mess, I would want my tow vehicle and trailer where myself and like-minded people would be keeping an eye on it. Hey, we don't have anything to do with the ramp operations at Watertown.....just a suggestion. Again, if there is anything we can do for you, visit our website, give us a call or stop by Tropics or The Reef....ask for Chris or Gary.

Quick Reply: Cincinnati poker run

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.