Smith Mountain Lake PR May 17th, SouthWest Virginia >

Smith Mountain Lake PR May 17th, SouthWest Virginia

Notices

Smith Mountain Lake PR May 17th, SouthWest Virginia

Old 03-04-2008, 07:18 PM
FIERCE ALLEGIANCE
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Patty & I will be there. Reba & Lori are welcome to ride with. Just gotta order up a pair of boots for each!

Shawn, good luck with that best graphics thing...
Attached Thumbnails Smith Mountain Lake PR May 17th, SouthWest Virginia-38560751_tp.jpg   Smith Mountain Lake PR May 17th, SouthWest Virginia-_mg_1299_10x15.small.jpg  
Old 03-04-2008, 07:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Blue by You
Shawn, good luck with that best graphics thing...
Wasn't my idea...a little birdie told me that this was the plan and it sounded good. However, this would just be icing on the cake - the $500 was plenty to make me happy

PS - I am very confident that Lori won't be needing a ride from anyone
Old 03-04-2008, 07:31 PM
FIERCE ALLEGIANCE
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Ca$hed Out
Wasn't my idea...a little birdie told me that this was the plan and it sounded good. However, this would just be icing on the cake - the $500 was plenty to make me happy

PS - I am very confident that Lori won't be needing a ride from anyone
Well I hope you are right...
We'll look forward to seeing you there. Talk it up would you? We need a great turnout this year. It will be a blast!
And I'll hold off until Lori (aka: Otis) is "giving rides"...sign me up then!
Old 03-04-2008, 07:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Blue by You
We'll look forward to seeing you there. Talk it up would you? We need a great turnout this year. It will be a blast!
Absolutely. Are you guys going to do the run? Last year just wasn't the same without the performance boats.

Usually I get a package each year however, no corresepondence at all this year so far. I think they need to be proactive and engage former participants as opposed to 'leaving it' for people to sign up on their own. I also think they need to take a decision on the format...if they kill the part about stopping all 7 times and tying up, I know several that say it will change their mind. Will seems to be working on it...
Old 03-04-2008, 07:41 PM
FIERCE ALLEGIANCE
Platinum Member

From their Website:

http://www.smlba.com/2008-pr-reg.pdf

The 2008 Poker Run event will be limited to 75 participating boats. You are only guaranteed a position in this
year’s event if we receive your registration form, your membership application, and check made out to the
SMLBA. Applications will be accepted in the order they are received until we reach the 75 vessel maximum capacity.
You may add additional players at a later date. To do so, please make a copy of this form before filling
it out. You may send it in later with the names of your additional players with the monies due. Please make
sure you make the notation “Additional Players to Add” with your captain’s name. We will accept additional
players until May 5th, 2008.
Make Checks Payable to:
SML Boating Association
PO Box 748
Hardy, VA 24101

All operators agree not to drink alcohol during the Poker Run.All players must complete the entire run, stopping at all seven locations. Each player must draw their own card.Enter fee is $150.00 per player (with a minimum of 2 players per boat) and $50.00 per guest. This includes admission to
all scheduled events and t-shirts for all players. Guests may purchase a t-shirt for $15.00.
Old 03-04-2008, 07:44 PM
Registered

Is there anywhere to find more info about this run? I looked on smlba.com but didn't see any ino on where it starts, ends, times, or local hotels. Thanks
Old 03-04-2008, 07:45 PM
FIERCE ALLEGIANCE
Platinum Member

We have suggested they throw out koozies with cards or poker chips in them. We can draw cards at the end, but this is only a suggestion. And yes, Will & Lori know the deal. We're trying.
Old 03-04-2008, 07:46 PM
FIERCE ALLEGIANCE
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by 24skaterVA
Is there anywhere to find more info about this run? I looked on smlba.com but didn't see any ino on where it starts, ends, times, or local hotels. Thanks
Click Here:
http://www.smlba.com/2008-pr-reg.pdf
Old 03-04-2008, 07:54 PM
Registered

Maybe I'm an idiot but I still didn't see anything ? I even read the fine print.
Old 03-04-2008, 09:14 PM
Are we having fun, yet?
Charter Member

Does this run usually fill up? Thinking about coming up. I have never been on the lake. I was coming last year, but had to work......

Quick Reply: Smith Mountain Lake PR May 17th, SouthWest Virginia

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.