Old 03-13-2008, 10:52 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

May 3rd!!! Getting close.
Old 03-13-2008, 10:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by philtj
200 miles in one day i guess its out early and in late. Be nice to find some place on the water to stay i hate mess with the trailer after boating all day.
Since the hurricane it doesn't actually cover 200 miles anymore and you don't have to hit every stop if you don't want to.

Noticed you're in Pflugerville, small world. My fiancee's sister just moved over there and turned into a biker chick. Trying to get them to come over here for the 200.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:54 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Weve been going for about 8-9 years now,its change a lot the caliber of boat compared to in the begining,the run can be done is 3-4 hours if ya dont hang out at the stops,we prob hit Sunbuns last also about 3.30,Its a good easy run,Friday nite party is good also.

Croozin2 heard a rumor the PropStop was charging to park there that sat?

i miss the wormbuckets

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 03-16-2008, 11:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jmeng
Since the hurricane it doesn't actually cover 200 miles anymore and you don't have to hit every stop if you don't want to.

Noticed you're in Pflugerville, small world. My fiancee's sister just moved over there and turned into a biker chick. Trying to get them to come over here for the 200.
Its hard being a biker once the summer hits around here. Beside the traffic makes riding more of a gauntlet run than a ride.
Old 03-16-2008, 11:15 PM
Registered

How deep is the river on most of the run? Where are the places to avoid?
Old 03-17-2008, 08:33 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388
Croozin2 heard a rumor the PropStop was charging to park there that sat?

i miss the wormbuckets
Strip, not sure about parking for the 200 weekend. Charlie and Milton (owner of the Prop Stop) don't really see eye-to-eye. I heard that they will definitely be offering the reserved parking for the Royal Purple run in June, though.

We hit Sun Buns yesterday. Great weather and a great ride.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:53 AM
Registered

The rivers are all plenty deep, docks are a different story. Theres a good chance you will stir up mud in a few places, not the best place for delicate labbed props.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:57 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Most of the run will be in Lakes Maurepas and Ponchartrain. Shallow flat bottom lakes overall but more than deep enough (9-11 feet mostly). The rivers that you will enter are plenty deep. Just follow the channel markers when entering and exiting from rivers to lakes and you'll be fine. Pay particular attention to the entrance to the Tchefuncte River. If you have a GPS, turn it on and locate the markers ahead of time. Remember, "Red, Right, Return."

Places to avoid? Crab traps!!! Seriously, you will see small styrofoam floats in the lakes. These are markers for crab traps. Stay away from them. Might feel like you are on a slalom course sometimes but just keep your eyes peeled.
Old 03-17-2008, 12:58 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Croozin2
Most of the run will be in Lakes Maurepas and Ponchartrain. Shallow flat bottom lakes overall but more than deep enough (9-11 feet mostly). The rivers that you will enter are plenty deep. Just follow the channel markers when entering and exiting from rivers to lakes and you'll be fine. Pay particular attention to the entrance to the Tchefuncte River. If you have a GPS, turn it on and locate the markers ahead of time. Remember, "Red, Right, Return."

Places to avoid? Crab traps!!! Seriously, you will see small Styrofoam floats in the lakes. These are markers for crab traps. Stay away from them. Might feel like you are on a slalom course sometimes but just keep your eyes peeled.
We have been going to Tickfaw around 9 years now, never even nicked a prop.I call them landmines,I'm sure we've ran over a few of the Styrofoam floaties at speed, There hard to see sometimes,I guess were lucky.

Also coming into the mouth of the Tickfaw river from Sunbuns angle,I see allot of cane poles/sticks sticking up out of the water,never heard what they were,most of the time were running pretty hard coming back thru there

If it rains within a couple days the Blind river,Blind river bar stop,The river will be full of trash,limbs,we saw a deepfreezer last year

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 03-17-2008, 02:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Croozin2

Places to avoid? Crab traps!!! Seriously, you will see small styrofoam floats in the lakes. These are markers for crab traps. Stay away from them. Might feel like you are on a slalom course sometimes but just keep your eyes peeled.
Hate to be a pain, but what does "Red Right Return"
Mean?

Quick Reply: TickFaw Run Need Some Info

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.