Lake Norman Poker Run September 2008 >

Lake Norman Poker Run September 2008

Notices

Lake Norman Poker Run September 2008

Old 09-26-2008, 11:29 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Food for thought for next year. I know the legistics of this are a lot more difficult and it may not be something insurable for PRA. In my opinion a shootout similar to LOTO might be a way to bring in more boats and the nascar fans. I think I enjoyed LOTO as much or more than the Key West world championships in 2004 . The space on the lake to do this is limited but there are areas that a one mile run could be done with spectator viewing and a run-off area. A fun run could still be done on Friday or Sunday. Just a thought. I would be curious to hear some other opinions on this?

http://www.performance-images.com/Powerboats
Old 09-28-2008, 02:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PRINCESS TA
Mr. Nascat,
I have spent countless hours organizing the "Puttin on the Wish!" charity ride and live auction that took place at Midtown Sundries on Friday. The weekend started on Thursday night with a private dinner party hosted by myself and Kenny Dean "Scaredy Cat", honoring the loyal individuals who put the "Kids" first! Friday was Magical! Beginning with the first ride and ending with over $13,000.00 in donations! Can I just say..Magical!!! Poker Runs America's events followed as normal. I am personally offended with your cheap backout excuse to commit your money ($2,500.00) to Make A Wish Foundation. After setting all of the childish emails to the side, we still need to focus on the kids. I didn't see you at Midtown Sundries on Friday to take kids and families for rides? If you would have shown up, you would have been in the great company of HERO'S such as; Craig Barrie, Billy Duckworth, Tom Healey, Jim Lee, Rob Pettus, Brent Phillipi, Bill Taylor, The Bud Light Team and many more kind hearted and dedicated powerboaters! I can guarantee you that these Hero's spent alot more than $2,500.00 to grant charity ride wishes! Your $2,500.00 contribution has brought major recognition to this web site. I would hate to think that you rise in the morning knowing that you have cheated terminally ill children, out of their wishes? Your $2,500.00 donation grants almost 1/2 a wish! If you haven't already, I ask you to take the time to research what a wish is! I promise you that everyone who donated their time and money to be at Lake Norman last weekend understands and embraces this commitment. Make A Wish Foundation Central & Western North Carolina Chapter is waiting on your donation! They except every form of payment! Send it to Emily Riley, Special events coordinator, 212 South Tryon Street, Suite 1080, Charlotte, NC 28281. 1-704-339-0334. Upon notice of your contribution, I will cheerfully post your charitable donation! Kind Regards, Princess TA
Princess TA,

Dedication of time to bring smiles to the faces of terminally ill children is very admirable. I am sure the families are eternally grateful to you and all those who supported the event.

Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that one of the individuals labeled as a "Hero" in the above quote is deserving of that name. Hopefully he will make this right and avoid the legal action that is amassing........

Links below:

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=195865

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=196268