Seneca Lake Battleship Run, New website >

Seneca Lake Battleship Run, New website

Notices

Seneca Lake Battleship Run, New website

Old 07-21-2008, 09:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Adrenaline Junkie
Read about your day, sounds like it was a drag, but on a lighter note I saw your new rig at Sacondaga and it looks beautiful. Hope next run goes better. That idea Sydways had sounds pretty good to me if you’re in that jam at that ramp again, you might even come out with dry shoes.
Old 07-21-2008, 10:51 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by James Gang
Hey Adrenaline Junkie
Read about your day, sounds like it was a drag, but on a lighter note I saw your new rig at Sacondaga and it looks beautiful. Hope next run goes better. That idea Sydways had sounds pretty good to me if you’re in that jam at that ramp again, you might even come out with dry shoes.
Thanks James Gang. I am loving the new rig. After 17 years of boating this day was my least favorite.

The good news is after putting 1000 plus hours on boats almost all of them have been a great time.

Looking forward to more good times - Are you heading up to the PRA 1k islands run in Aug?
Old 07-21-2008, 11:52 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

To Team ROPA and all the staff, thanks for making us all feel very comfortable at your event. Rich Sutphen, Jr. drove with his wife and kids all the way from Cape Coral, FL so that we may bring to you our new 21. Morgan and I were in awe when that 350MAG engine with 300HP turned 69.7MPH on the GPS. We were glad to be able to take you guys out for a short blast. Boat just makes you want to go get one.

Hope to see you all next year and thanks for putting on a great run for such a good cause and for your warm hospitality.

Sincerely,

Sutphen Performance Group

Ron Lombard
Morgan Haak
Attached Thumbnails Seneca Lake Battleship Run, New website-cimg1527a.jpg   Seneca Lake Battleship Run, New website-cimg1558a.jpg   Seneca Lake Battleship Run, New website-cimg1563a.jpg  

Old 07-22-2008, 07:32 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Adrenaline Junkie
Thanks James Gang. I am loving the new rig. After 17 years of boating this day was my least favorite.

The good news is after putting 1000 plus hours on boats almost all of them have been a great time.

Looking forward to more good times - Are you heading up to the PRA 1k islands run in Aug?
No my Aug sched s pretty full already. Hope that run is a good one for you.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:23 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default It's about the people!

Adrenaline Junkie: Your comments on the ROPA members helping you out are much appreciated. The Donzi crew was Gary Smith and driver wife Wendy of Team Intruder and they are Webster people too! We all felt bad about that what happened to you dampened some of your spirits but glad to hear you got to run some from Watkins with the other kitty cats! It was great getting to talk to you for a while at dinner.
Basically those who helped you are examples of how the people that attend our run operate. We love the machines and the roar and speed is great but when you get right down to it we are not as much about the show as we are about the people. Showboat owners John and Larry, at the awards ceremony, summed it up when they said this was the best and most respectful group they have seen. Hopefully next year the water will be higher.
Sutphen Performance Group:
Ron, Morgan, Ritchie & families- It was great having you all come from such distances and I wish I could have stayed longer to see that 21 run. It was one slick looking machine!We would have had a good run together as I got that old Checkmate rebuild job of mine up to 69mph (with the wind at my back)! Keep us informed on your website and your updates with the 27 and 31. But once again, while all great machines, you are all a great group of people and I enjoyed getting to know each of you Sat. late night dockside for the nightcap (especially the smoking music from Ron's friends CD). Whether you can come with another cool Sutphen next year or not we hope you still attend as members.
To everyone: Our run is always the 3rd weekend in July so next year it is Sat. July 18th so mark your calenders now!
Have a great rest of the season
President Bill
Old 07-23-2008, 09:43 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Thanks Bill:

It was a great event and we were glad to have been a part of it. Morgan and I are travelling again. This weekend we'll be in Connecticut for the Tri-State run in Old Saybrook then next week at the Swamp run showing our little rocket. I too wish you had taken a blast in the boat. It really is fun to drive.

It was a pleasure meeting you and the rest of the ROPA staff. See you next year if n ot sooner.

Ron
Morgan
Old 07-23-2008, 12:05 PM
Registered

Randi and I had a great time organizing and participating in the run this year. Everyone seemed to have enjoyed themselves as they usually do at this event. We were very happy to see a few new faces (as well as the old ones) join us this year.

It was a pleasure to meet the Sutphen Group – Ron, Morgan and Richie. We had a blast hanging out with you guys. Unfortunately we were not able to stick around Sunday to go for a ride in your new 21, we had to get home to see the little one (her first nights without mom and dad). We missed her a little more than we thought we would. We look forward to seeing you guys again in the future.

For those of you who did not stay up late Saturday night, you don’t know what you missed. Randi was a little nervous when the rain ruined the possibilities of having a fire as we usually do. No fire meant no pizzas, until she came up with a brilliant idea to cook the pizzas on the gas grill. As usual they tasted like the best pizza you have ever had (maybe something to do with all of the booze). The only problem she got so into making them she forgot to save enough supplies for one for herself. Oh well, mine was good.

Thank you to all of the participants, sponsors, The Showboat and ROPA Staff for making this an event that we will remember and look forward to doing every year. For those who were not able to make it this year, we hope to see you next year.

Randi & Greg

www.rochesteroffshore.com
Old 07-24-2008, 08:23 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Thumbs up Newbie here...

Hello - Newbie to the forum, and the Battle Ship Run! In fact, it was the first time we'd ever (my brother and I) boated on Senaca. Nice little lake you've got there! Most of our boating is up in the Niagara River and Lake Erie.

We were the new guys in the Skater 30 with the twin Merc 300's. Had a blast running with Adrenaline Junkie in the 36 Daytona and Flash (Jim and Alex) in the Spectre 30 with the triple 2.5's. Sorry to hear about the troubles at the launch ramp, and also the prop. The launch ramp could have been a little longer, or a little steeper too, but we managed.

I agree with the comments about the folks at ROPA that put on this event. FIRST CLASS FOLKS, all the way! Very nicely run event, and somehow you guys even managed to get the rains to hold off until back at the Showboat. Great job!!!

Last edited by Gary P; 07-24-2008 at 08:28 PM.
Old 07-24-2008, 08:27 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Default Videos of event???

Just wondering.... We saw quite a few folks with video cameras, and wondering if anyone got any good shots of us in the Skater 30? Any other good vids?

We've got a few good pictures from the photographer at the run, but would love to see any videos of it. Any chance somone could post a link to a video here, or youtube? How about that photographer... he said he took about 1500 photos of the run!!! Awesome shots too.
Old 07-24-2008, 08:56 PM
Registered

Gary P,

Here is a link to the pictures that Larry Webster took, there is a pretty cool shot of the skater on the trailer. Make sure you check out our website as the pictures roll in we will post them. As for the video, we are attempting to put something together... first timers.

http://community.webshots.com/album/...ljxVKz?start=0

Glad you had a nice time, hope to see you next year!

Randi & Greg

www.rochesteroffshore.com

Quick Reply: Seneca Lake Battleship Run, New website

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.