Notices

Destin Poker Run

Old 04-26-2008, 10:43 AM
Registered

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts
Default Destin Poker Run

How big of run is the Destin Poker run that is June 13-15.
Old 04-29-2008, 08:41 PM
Registered

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

Anyone know anything about this one?
Old 04-29-2008, 11:00 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts

dont know but the "Big One" in August is the grandady of them all!
Old 05-05-2008, 08:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bigboat28
How big of run is the Destin Poker run that is June 13-15.
I was wandering the same thing.
Old 05-05-2008, 11:26 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts

I talked with Stu Jones this weekend and he said it is a first class event. It is sponsored by legendary Marine and the pull out the red carpet.
Old 05-05-2008, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by crb76
I talked with Stu Jones this weekend and he said it is a first class event. It is sponsored by legendary Marine and the pull out the red carpet.
HUM!! I've heard that before.
Old 05-16-2008, 11:56 AM
Registered

I can tell you right now, with the service and amenities they are providing, first class is not the word for it. The amenities, parties, Dealership where the cards are played is phenomenol. I see the reason they are the Top Dealer for Boat and Trailer magazine. Check them out a legendarymarine.com. It would be well worth your dollar to do this run.
Old 05-16-2008, 02:02 PM
Registered

I’ve been to both Poker run’s the last 5 years. Since the opening of the Emerald Grande, Legendary Marine has taken their Poker Run to the next level. The kickoff party is on the pool deck 5 stories above the water overlooking where everyone does there photoshoot run going out the East Pass. They had a Firework’s display last year that was outstanding. Reggie Fountain hosted a VIP party as well. All the stops were the same as the Emerald Coast. Best thing is, You don’t have to wait 30 minutes sitting still. No more fouling plugs on your engines from loading up at idle. I’ve heard rumor they are having a KegToss competition this year on where the Island stop was to generate additional donations for the charities. That should get some ego’s going. I talked with one member from the Texas Powerboat club and he said he would rather sleep on his boat than to stay in the Ramada again. The accommodations for the boat’s being offloaded and kept inside Legendary’s storage facility overnight apposed to it sitting in the water beating on the dock. Or the paint on your drive’s being eaten away from electrolosis. They have a full service Marina right there with Several Master technicians that will be able to assist in any mechanical situation’s. The Card Party tops it off with the entertainment in the showroom at the marina. Afterwards shuttle ride back to the Emerald Grande via the Emerald Grande water taxi with a full service bar. I’ll definitely be there and have been told several people from Texas and Louisiana will be there to.
Old 06-05-2008, 11:19 AM
Registered

Thanks for the info, I will be there the week of the poker run and will be storing my boat at Legendary. Hopefully there will be a good showing of powerboats for the weekend!
Old 06-05-2008, 11:51 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have heard that this poker run is definitely "on the rise". We will be in Destin that weekend but not with the boat. Be a good time for me to check this one out.

For those that haven't seen the Mid-Bay facility at Legendary, it is a first class marina. Rest assured your boat will be well taken care of if stored there. From what I understand, many of the people that ran AJ's marina (back when they understood what customer service was) left and went to work at/for Legendary. I did recognize some of the faces last time we were there.

Quick Reply: Destin Poker Run

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.