Lake Norman Poker Run - Sept 19/21st - PRA

Notices

Lake Norman Poker Run - Sept 19/21st - PRA

Old 09-17-2008, 11:07 PM
Skater Brother
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by vagrant
Are you going to be in the Miami to Key west run? Once again very nice ride. Have a great run in the cig.
Sarasota then Key West. Looking forward to the LNR and I'll do my best to forget all the BS I read on this and the other Lake Norman thread.
Old 09-18-2008, 05:52 AM
Charter Member #37 /Moderator/Platinum Member
Charter Member

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FREEDOM US1
Sarasota then Key West. Looking forward to the LNR and I'll do my best to forget all the BS I read on this and the other Lake Norman thread.
Jim come on down have fun . Its all good in the hood.Looks like the weather is going to be nice.

David

C. P. B. A. Carolina Power Boat Assoc
Old 09-18-2008, 07:06 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SINKING SHIP
I was hoping for this info pokerrunner2000. I would like to see the run just hate to be in a spot where the boats don't come by. And what time do the boats start.
The information will be available to everyone at Midtown Sundries on Friday. From noon onwards you can pick up a chart showing the route.

Sorry I can't post it on here - Only available in 'hard copy'

I am already at LKN and hve no means of scanning etc.

To all of you that want the route map - Come to Midtown, Buy something at the Auction and we will give you your own personal copy -- How does that sound?

(For some of you guys who do not seem to have a sense of humor - THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A LITTLE LITE HUMOR FOR A THURSDAY MORNING)
Old 09-18-2008, 09:25 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What a picture perfect day here in the Carolinas. The sun is out and the Carolina blue sky does not have a cloud in it.

The weather looks to be awesome this weekend and even though I’m a few miles north of the lake I can already hear the roar.

As a local I just want to say Thank You to those that have worked hard to make this event happen, a big THANK YOU to Bill Taylor and Poker Runs America for seeing all the area has to offer and bringing a first rate event to LKN and last but not least a big THANK YOU to all the folks that are planning to attend and support PRA and the charity.

I have received many emails and phone calls from local friends that are really happy you are coming and I assure you that most of us are very excited and welcome you here. If there is anything I can do to help or assist any of you please do not hesitate to ask. I want you to enjoy LKN as I have enjoyed visiting many of your lakes and water ways.

My Gates Rubber rep lives on Norman and we visit him a lot and I am amazed at how warm the water still is with these cool nights we are having. Plenty of warm water, lake levels are high and the sky’s are BLUE.

It’s going to be a great weekend.

See you all there.

Mark & Tommie

Last edited by Dock Holiday; 09-18-2008 at 02:47 PM.
Old 09-18-2008, 09:55 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

ap

FOR THE RECORD!

Here's the deal in my opinion you have a vested interest in seeing this PR be successful so you tend to personalize everything posted on this thread, then react from emotion, shooting a response from the hip that often is incomplete & or innaccurate. My posts frustrate you b/c I challenge the accuracy bringing further attention to such. As I have mentioned before I prefer to operate in a factual enviorment & when that isn't possible at least acknowledge it. We all know how & why this run got off to a bad start so no sense rehashing. I think the intentions were & are good but the execution of such was poor which got everyones tempers flaring. Had that individual & possibly even PRA's president addressed the group of sceptics who voiced their legitamate concerns directly much of this could have been avoided. Now it's as if those of you that support the cause seem to be operating in defense mode using a Need to Know basis secret approach thus minimizing the scrutiny received. Personally I would have done the opposite & educated as many as I could trying & win them over as oppossed to trying to operate in stealth mode returning fire when fired upon. It almost makes the event & it's promoters look as if they know they are guilty as charged, treading on thin ice, aren't receiving the warmest welcome & simply trying to minimize their exposure, hoping for the best w/ the intention of conducting the event & putting it behind them. This may not be the case but maybe you can see where I'm coming from.

At the end of the day I want to make it clear that while I never had any intentions of participating in the PRA LKN PR (nor did I participate in CPBA's) it's not that I don't want it to happen nor be successful I just want to make sure it's done in a professional safe manner that doesn't result in injury, death or loss of privilages to those of us that boat here regularly. Thats it plain & simple, nothing more nor less and I don't think anyone got that warm fuzzy feeling in the beginning. I myself nor many of the others irritated w/ the way this event has been handled from it's unofficial announcement to date are not capable of knowing that the PR would be conducted in such a manner when it's mostly been kept a secret amongst it's supporters which is a far smaller group than the oppossers & general public who have a right to know.

Long story short you & I will continue to agree to disagree over this event & how it's been handled, promoted etc but my way isn't the only way as much as I'd like to believe it was a better way so life goes on.

Good Luck Saturday!

THIS IS MY FINAL POST TO THIS THREAD
Old 09-18-2008, 11:59 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dock Holiday

My Gates Rubber rep lives on Norman and we visit him a lot and I am amazed at how warm the water is still with these cooler nights we are having. Plenty of warm water, levels high and the sky’s are BLUE.
Dock - read 82 - 84 deg in cocktail cove last weekend!
Old 09-18-2008, 12:15 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by five cent worth
Dock - read 82 - 84 deg in cocktail cove last weekend!
Thanks buddy for the info. I thought it felt like 80 degrees but figured I was estimating it too high.
Old 09-18-2008, 01:44 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by NASCAT
ap

FOR THE RECORD!

Here's the deal in my opinion you have a vested interest in seeing this PR be successful so you tend to personalize everything posted on this thread, then react from emotion, shooting a response from the hip that often is incomplete & or innaccurate. My posts frustrate you b/c I challenge the accuracy bringing further attention to such. As I have mentioned before I prefer to operate in a factual enviorment & when that isn't possible at least acknowledge it. We all know how & why this run got off to a bad start so no sense rehashing. I think the intentions were & are good but the execution of such was poor which got everyones tempers flaring. Had that individual & possibly even PRA's president addressed the group of sceptics who voiced their legitamate concerns directly much of this could have been avoided. Now it's as if those of you that support the cause seem to be operating in defense mode using a Need to Know basis secret approach thus minimizing the scrutiny received. Personally I would have done the opposite & educated as many as I could trying & win them over as oppossed to trying to operate in stealth mode returning fire when fired upon. It almost makes the event & it's promoters look as if they know they are guilty as charged, treading on thin ice, aren't receiving the warmest welcome & simply trying to minimize their exposure, hoping for the best w/ the intention of conducting the event & putting it behind them. This may not be the case but maybe you can see where I'm coming from.

At the end of the day I want to make it clear that while I never had any intentions of participating in the PRA LKN PR (nor did I participate in CPBA's) it's not that I don't want it to happen nor be successful I just want to make sure it's done in a professional safe manner that doesn't result in injury, death or loss of privilages to those of us that boat here regularly. Thats it plain & simple, nothing more nor less and I don't think anyone got that warm fuzzy feeling in the beginning. I myself nor many of the others irritated w/ the way this event has been handled from it's unofficial announcement to date are not capable of knowing that the PR would be conducted in such a manner when it's mostly been kept a secret amongst it's supporters which is a far smaller group than the oppossers & general public who have a right to know.

Long story short you & I will continue to agree to disagree over this event & how it's been handled, promoted etc but my way isn't the only way as much as I'd like to believe it was a better way so life goes on.

Good Luck Saturday!

THIS IS MY FINAL POST TO THIS THREAD

All good
Old 09-18-2008, 06:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by pokerrunner2000
The information will be available to everyone at Midtown Sundries on Friday. From noon onwards you can pick up a chart showing the route.

Sorry I can't post it on here - Only available in 'hard copy'

I am already at LKN and hve no means of scanning etc.

To all of you that want the route map - Come to Midtown, Buy something at the Auction and we will give you your own personal copy -- How does that sound?

(For some of you guys who do not seem to have a sense of humor - THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A LITTLE LITE HUMOR FOR A THURSDAY MORNING)

Your a dick
Old 09-18-2008, 06:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by pokerrunner2000
I see your point of view - Check in tomorrow - I will put some information on here and also on our website. No waypoints tho !!!!!!!
You say your going to post and you don't thanks guy I really appreciate your consideration to the locals on the lake. I see how you wan't to be. A-hole

Last edited by CROWD CONTROL; 12-18-2008 at 12:02 AM.

Quick Reply: Lake Norman Poker Run - Sept 19/21st - PRA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.