Lake Norman Poker Run - Sept 19/21st - PRA

Notices

Lake Norman Poker Run - Sept 19/21st - PRA

Old 08-20-2008, 08:41 PM
Charter Member #37 /Moderator/Platinum Member
Charter Member

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Dock Holiday
I have not spent any less on any major event I have gone to over the years and traveled at least one day there and one day back. I can only hope that we have the boat ready in time to secure a spot in the event. Not having to travel is worth it to me and I hope it becomes an annual event.

After Labor Day the traffic seems to really drop off. I have always said the est boat on Norman is before Memorial day and after Laor Day. What time of day did the CBPA run the boats in the middle of summer?

You have to be alert, smart and use good judgement any time on the water and I feel that this time of the year will be much better for reduced traffic. PRA set the standards for safety long before the Smoke on the Water accident.
Mark, our run started at 9:30 and ended at 11:00 Most were done or broke before then.

C. P. B. A. Carolina Power Boat Assoc
Old 08-21-2008, 06:54 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FYI -

It is my understanding that the 11AM start is strictily due to an agreement with the Pennisula to work with them in conjunctin with their Regatta.
Old 08-26-2008, 08:52 AM
Registered

Default Poker Run

Most out side traffic on Lake Norman does die down after Labor Day,But keep in mind that this is when alot of the Lake Norman residents come out on the Lake due to the reduction of traffic from people not living on the lake. there will still be a great number of jet skis and tubers that live on the lake out around that time including me so please be aware, They are a lot of us has to deal with the fall out long after the poker run is over. I enjoy being able to run my boat at full throttle when the conditions allow and like to keep that right. So be safe and have a good run.
Thanks
Jim DeHart

Lake Norman Resident
Old 08-26-2008, 08:53 AM
Registered

Default Poker Run

Most out side traffic on Lake Norman does die down after Labor Day,But keep in mind that this is when alot of the Lake Norman residents come out on the Lake due to the reduction of traffic from people not living on the lake. there will still be a great number of jet skis and tubers that live on the lake out around that time including me so please be aware, They are a lot of us that has to deal with the fall out long after the poker run is over. I enjoy being able to run my boat at full throttle when the conditions allow and like to keep that right. So be safe and have a good run.
Thanks
Jim DeHart

Lake Norman Resident
Old 08-26-2008, 09:05 AM
Registered

sorry for the double reply D@mn computor
Old 08-26-2008, 02:36 PM
Registered

Who deals with the "fall out" after the run that you participate in Jim? You were allowed to do yours now let us do ours.
Old 08-26-2008, 05:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by apppedigree
Who deals with the "fall out" after the run that you participate in Jim? You were allowed to do yours now let us do ours.
there was none and i hope there is none with this run, be safe and have fun
Old 08-26-2008, 05:38 PM
Registered

My point exactly. Just saying that if Ledford can pull it off then I am sure that someone else can.

No offense at all David.
Old 08-26-2008, 07:52 PM
Registered

Need to get me some drag props for that lake. Nice puzz shots ya bought(grape Gatorade) next time its petron!

Yeah Ill buy this time
Old 08-26-2008, 08:18 PM
Registered

Ok. But this time try not to drive off with the shop when you leave. Disconnect the hose son!!!

Quick Reply: Lake Norman Poker Run - Sept 19/21st - PRA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.