Notices

Ticfaw 200 2009

Old 03-27-2009, 10:05 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jmeng
Heard the new ownder is fixing up the dock too. That'll be nice, it was getting pretty crappy in places.
Def was in need of repair! Hopefully an influx of new blood will breathe a little life into the place.
Old 03-27-2009, 11:19 AM
skater brother
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Croozin2
Def was in need of repair! Hopefully an influx of new blood will breathe a little life into the place.
u r correct
Old 03-27-2009, 11:26 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Croozin2
Back in the day that was the place for us. Especially that dusk run. Then the juice lords took over. Maybe it can be taken back.
Old 03-27-2009, 12:21 PM
Registered

We passed by the Prop Stop last Saturday and you could see new lumber on the dock and building itself. Can't wait till it opens!!
Old 03-27-2009, 07:57 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by zitoracing
Yes Don we need to do a fun run this year !
Doug you going to make it this year ? As for Landry's its not wide enuff in the channel to raft up ! Slidell no one hardly went so far away !
AJ what have you heard about prop stop I heard a new Guy was taking over is that what U heard.

But I am ready for sure will be a great weekend as always !!!! I am parking my Camper at Charlies the weekend before.
When Landrys was Barts we would raft 5-6 boats out
and the name needs to change to the Tic Faw 100
The chicken drop in slidell was always packed.. This run is supposed to be were the big boys play I could run it in a party barge now. My son called Charlie and asked about renting slips and was told first come gets them same shi* the people who dont do the run will get there early and take up the spots.
Royal purple is much better set up!!
Old 03-28-2009, 07:53 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by HotPursuit
Royal purple is much better set up!!
Personally, I can't stand the Royal Purple. I agree, parking spots should be reserved for the poker run boats but charging an additional $300 for the parking spots chaps my ass too. Ending it at the Prop Stop where there is VERY limited parking and no way to get there by land is a poor setup, IMHO. There are 1000 people trying to get into a place with parking for about 30 boats. Eventually, you are going to have some idiot in a POS boat tie up to your rig (because you have a spot at the dock) and scratch the shat out of it.

Charlie's run may have it's faults but every Poker Run does. I do agree that he needs to add addiotional stops ASAP. It is becoming nothing more than a hop across the lake which we can do on any weekend.
Old 03-28-2009, 08:47 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I thought I paid 300 for the spot and the hand?? Besides theres not a out of town poker run that dont charge for a slip,plus the price to enter is 500-1200$$ and 6-10$ a foot for a slip.Before steve started charging for parking I had to take the taxi while flat,fish,and shrimp boats were tied up at 12:00 that chapped my as*.

Last edited by HotPursuit; 04-08-2009 at 10:31 PM.
Old 03-29-2009, 12:06 AM
Registered

I refuse to do the Royal Purple because I'm not going to leave my boat on anchor in the middle of the river while I go party. At least at the 200 I can tie it up, go drink, and come back and get it the next day. Plenty of places to tie up at Charlies, last year, the dock never filled up. Most people don't even bring their boats there. They put them on the trailer and go by car. Not an option when the party is at Prop Stop.

The do need to add more stops though. All it is now is a run to Madisonville and back.
Old 04-08-2009, 04:40 PM
Registered

looks like jaggers is on the 2009 map
Old 04-08-2009, 05:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by chad1
looks like jaggers is on the 2009 map
Chad1,

If you are getting that off his website, then that is the old map. I dont think a New Orleans stop has been added back.

Quick Reply: Ticfaw 200 2009

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.