Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
2009 Lake George Poker Run and High Performance Boat Show - IT'S ON!!! >

2009 Lake George Poker Run and High Performance Boat Show - IT'S ON!!!

Notices

2009 Lake George Poker Run and High Performance Boat Show - IT'S ON!!!

Old 06-18-2009, 12:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 Lake George Poker Run and High Performance Boat Show - IT'S ON!!!

I am please to announce that a Poker Run and High Performance Boat Show will be held on Lake George (upstate NY), on Saturday, October 10, 2009 (Columbus Day Weekend). In addition to the Poker Run, there will also be a High Performance Boat Show with boats on display by both owners and dealers.
This years event is being sponsored by Performance Marine (www.perfmar.com) in Bolton Landing and Poker Run Productions, LLC. The event will be limited to the first 100 boats that register. First come, first serve. Registration must be postmarked by October1, 2009 in order to participate. There will be no day of event registration. Registration will close after October 1, 2009.
The weekend will begin on Friday evening with an informal gathering (cash bar) with DJ at the King Neptune Pub.
On Saturday, boats will gather and be on display at the Lake George Village Docks from 8:00 AM to 1:30 PM. At 1:30 PM the Poker Run will begin with 5 seperate divisions of boats lead by a Pace Boat. The route will travel the length (32 miles) of beautiful Lake George, also called the Queen of American Lakes. The route will take participants up the east side of the lake via Pilot Knob (card stop 1), through the narrows (card stop 2), north to Rogers Rock (card stop 3), and return south on the west side of the lake through the narrows (card stop 4), to Northwest Bay (card stop 5) returning to the Lake George Village Docks where the card envelopes will be opened. Overnight docking will be available for participants on Saturday night at the Lake George Village docks. On Saturday evening, there will be a party (cash bar) with buffet, live band and awards ceremoney at the King Neptune Pub.
Prizes will be awarded to the top 3 Poker hands ($1500.00, $1000.00 and $500.00* based on 100 boats. *Prize money will be prorated if less than 100 boats register based on the actual number of boats.) Awards will also be given for: Drivers Choice - Best Deep-V, Drivers Choice - Best Cat and Peoples Choice - Best in Show.
The cost is $250.00 per boat which includes entry fee for 1 boat, 1 poker hand, 1 dinner buffet ticket, DVD of the Poker Run, T-shirt and overnight docking on Saturday at the Lake George Vilage docks.
Additional information and registration forms are available at the Performance Marine website (www.perfmar.com). Click on the Lake George Poker Run link on the left side of the page once you enter the site.
In that registration is limited to 100 boats, I would encourge you to register early in that there has already been a great deal of interest in this event.
A block of rooms is being held at the Fort Willian Henry Resort (www.fortwilliamhenry.com). In order to receive the preferred rate, you must mention "The Lake George Poker Run".
If you have any questions, please call Norm Dascher, Poker Run Productions, LLC at 518-312-7478.
Look forward to seeing everyone there.

Last edited by Green Eyes; 06-20-2009 at 06:54 AM.
Old 06-18-2009, 12:10 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mufflers required? Doug
Old 06-18-2009, 02:43 PM
Registered

The Regatta Permit which was issued by DEC (without objection by LGPC) grants an exception for the noise level law for this event.
Old 06-18-2009, 03:14 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You know I am in Norm!

Doug, get your boat up there for this. We'll tie them up next to each other
Old 06-18-2009, 04:35 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Great news.

I loved his run 2 years ago.

How did you make out on speed limits for this run? They were pretty strict 2 years ago.
Old 06-18-2009, 09:09 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Sweet!! I'm in as well!!
Old 06-18-2009, 10:20 PM
Registered

Doug, get your boat up there for this. We'll tie them up next to each other [/QUOTE]

A couple of A/T's together is always a good thing. I hope to get up in August also.

Last edited by outriggers; 06-18-2009 at 10:24 PM.
Old 06-19-2009, 01:02 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Great news green eyes!! Thanks to you and Performance for getting this run back on the schedual.
Old 06-19-2009, 06:18 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 364 Likes on 243 Posts

will follow this tread up close! each time I say I go somewhere, something messes things up (work quite often), so I'll wait and if schedule allows, I'll register late if there is still a place for me!

nice run for sure!
Old 06-19-2009, 08:19 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,053 Likes on 277 Posts

Gonen be great!! Norm took all the right steps to make this a legal and fun event

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.