Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
1000 Islands alive and well! >

1000 Islands alive and well!

Notices

1000 Islands alive and well!

Old 07-26-2009, 08:21 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The card stop isn't finalized as of yet,but its in the works !!! Only time will tell !!! Hopefully it's a go and can get the boats back in town somehow !! Miss seeing old friends .
Old 07-26-2009, 10:56 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PLEASE let me know IF you get a card stop and where?, I usually just go the Marina in Kingston to watch stuff roll in, but, would like to be at a card stop as well, Thanks!

Michael
Old 07-27-2009, 08:36 AM
Registered

There will not be a card stop in Gananoque for the poker run. The Can/Am Challenge will be held in Gananoque on Sunday 9th, the day after the 1000 Islands Poker Run.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:42 AM
Registered

Can you provide details?, or even a website or phone number to call, If I am gonna be in Kingston for the Poker Run I would go over to Gan. for the Can/Am deal as well

Thanks!
Michael
Old 07-27-2009, 11:02 AM
Registered

Sorry guys - I just heard that plans for a Gananoque Card Stop were made over the weekend !!!!!
The Poker Run is going into Gan on the way back to Kingston on Saturday afternoon (Aug 8th)

The Challenge will be in Gananoque starting at 11am on the Sunday.

Information on our website will be updated later today.
www.pokerrunsamerica.com
Old 07-28-2009, 10:03 AM
Flying Dutchmen

As someone who has grown up in the islands, the poker run has always been the highlight of the summer. So much so that now as an adult living in Alberta, I plan my trips back home around the run. I was pretty dissapointed to see that there was no Gan or Rockport stop this year - but now Gan has been added. Fantastic!!! I'm not flying across the country for nothing!
Usually we wait for them to come through the speed zone just east of Ivy Lea, after leaving the card stop in Rockport. But with the new layout, I'm not too sure when they'll be where. Can anyone tell me the route or when they expect to be where? I'd like to see them heading west after Kingston (around Gan-ish or Rockport) but with the new starting system and route, I'm not too sure where to go to get the best view. Also, can someone pls give some further information on the Can-Am challenge being held on the 9th in Gan? What's that about?
Thanks.

Old 07-28-2009, 02:28 PM
Registered

DITTO!!

Please post any/all information!

Originally Posted by Flying Dutchmen
As someone who has grown up in the islands, the poker run has always been the highlight of the summer. So much so that now as an adult living in Alberta, I plan my trips back home around the run. I was pretty dissapointed to see that there was no Gan or Rockport stop this year - but now Gan has been added. Fantastic!!! I'm not flying across the country for nothing!
Usually we wait for them to come through the speed zone just east of Ivy Lea, after leaving the card stop in Rockport. But with the new layout, I'm not too sure when they'll be where. Can anyone tell me the route or when they expect to be where? I'd like to see them heading west after Kingston (around Gan-ish or Rockport) but with the new starting system and route, I'm not too sure where to go to get the best view. Also, can someone pls give some further information on the Can-Am challenge being held on the 9th in Gan? What's that about?
Thanks.
Old 07-29-2009, 04:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Flying Dutchmen
Thanks.
Will post detailed information on PRA website tomorrow (July 30th)
Old 07-30-2009, 10:08 AM
Flying Dutchmen

So the Can-Am Challenge starts at noon on Sunday in Gan. Do you know how many boats are expected to participate?
Will there be more information later about the actual Poker Run? Specifically I'd like to know when they're expected to be at the other stops.

Old 07-30-2009, 11:03 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BORDERLINE
If you all stop for your lunch in Lansdowne you could also have a good look at "finishin it" a 35 donzi with ilmors previously greg rosens of aquamaniag3. I am also hopeful after talking with Bill that "My Way" will be on hand as well. John and Kyle Landry should be stopping by as well with "Still Needs No Name" I will update as we go. All are welcome. Bring a boat and get a burger or sausage,salad,ice cream as well as a drink of your choice. Who else is in???
Jeff, what time does the lunch start in Lansdowne?

Steve Boxma
Smuggllers Cove

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.