The Boating Toys for Tots Tour 2009 >

The Boating Toys for Tots Tour 2009

Notices

The Boating Toys for Tots Tour 2009

Old 08-18-2009, 09:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Boating Toys for Tots Tour 2009

The US Marines and Rus Matos would like to invite you and everyone you know to a very special event.
The 2009 Boating Toys for Tots Tour Is the worlds only official US Marines Boating Toys for Tots event.
The TFT tour will take place in Palatka Florida on the St Johns River. The host hotel will be the Quality Inn Riverfront Palatka [368 328 3481]
The TFT tour will be a 3 day event,
On the Friday Dec 4th there will be a lunch run to Crescent City . Also on Dec 4th in the evening the City of Palatka is welcoming us to parade our boats in the Down Town Christmas Parade.
On Saturday December 5th we will be making the Toy run on the River. The run will start exactly at 11:30. The Captains meeting will be at 10:00 in the host hotel lobby . There will be a party and dinner after the toy run.
On December 6th we would like to put on a thank you breakfast for all TFT tour guests. There are more plans in the making, for more information or suggestions contact Rus Matos 407 760 3481 or E-mail [email protected] feel free to call or contact me at anytime. You guys and gals always make the TFT tour sensational!
Old 09-09-2009, 02:56 AM
Registered

there is always lot of fun to be had at this event . and there are lots of sensational places on the river to eat drink and party .. Bring a toy and join the fun
Old 09-09-2009, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by raceboat rus
there is always lot of fun to be had at this event . and there are lots of sensational places on the river to eat drink and party .. Bring a toy and join the fun
Count us in!
Old 09-12-2009, 11:05 AM
Registered

Default The posse in JAX

The other day I had the opportunity to speak to the guys [and girls] of the Jacksonville powerboat club ;what a sensational group they really made me feel welcome. Many of them were at The Toys for Tots run in the years past and are ON big time for this years run. I think that there are about 46 boats with that club and I think about 45 of those boats are going to be on the TFT tour. One of the boats seems to be in the midst on some mad wrenching, and there is a chance that all 46 will make the tour…. No Thing Could please me more. The TFT tour seems to be gathering momentum. . Last year we had 86 boat and this year I am sure that we can double that number.
I want to thank all those guys who have made it to the TFT tour in the past and would like to welcome you to come to this years Boating Toys For Tots Tour…
Also in you are coming to the TFT tour I can send you a Free event T-shirt I might need a little to cover postage. But the T-shirt is free: Give Me a call 407 760 3481 or E-mail [email protected]
Old 09-12-2009, 11:09 AM
Registered

A small change up coming for the TFT tour the Christmas Parade is the week preveious to the TFT Tour So the Friday Lunch run is going to take a bigger role . Maybe we can parade next year
Old 09-12-2009, 11:11 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 09-30-2009, 10:08 PM
Registered

The Lunch Run

On Friday Dec 4th we are going to make that sensational run from the host hotel in Palatka to 3 Bananas in Crescent City. The lunch run will start at 1:00 midday from the Palatka Bridge and proceed South to Dunn’s Creek through Dunn’s and then across Crescent lake [the location of many world records ] across the lake to 3 Bananas for lunch.
If you ever saw the chase seen from the old James Bond movies “Live and let Die” and wish you were in that action ,,,now is your chance . Dunn’s Creek has turns twists cut backs and all the winding action you would ever want . Some have said that it was the best part of the TFT run last year.
The Fish and Game guy said that they would put me in Jail if we ran the Toy run again in Dunn’s Creek but he said nothing about a lunch run . So this year we will make it our Friday lunch run. The Creek is tight enough to challenge the handling of a 18 foot tunnel but big enough to accommodate a 43foot Fountain . [I saw Bill Mazzoni of Taboo do it ] . This is going to be SENSATIONAL FUN,,, and if the Fish and game guy comes by and put Rus in Jail I know you will all bond him out. Some one from this posse knows the Sheriff maybe we should take Mr. Hardy with us . . That Twisty winding snakey creek and a great lunch… BE THERE
Old 10-16-2009, 06:35 AM
Registered

Default the Toy run this year

This year the toy Run is going to be at From the Palatka Bridge then South on the St John all the way to George Town . There is a restauraunt bar there called Porky's. thet have 2 docks. This change came about due to some concerns at Dunns Creek last year, Some of the resident got a little uncomfortable with us being in there creek.
Old 10-16-2009, 09:23 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Jpbc

Originally Posted by raceboat rus
The other day I had the opportunity to speak to the guys [and girls] of the Jacksonville powerboat club ;what a sensational group they really made me feel welcome. Many of them were at The Toys for Tots run in the years past and are ON big time for this years run. I think that there are about 46 boats with that club and I think about 45 of those boats are going to be on the TFT tour. One of the boats seems to be in the midst on some mad wrenching, and there is a chance that all 46 will make the tour…. No Thing Could please me more. The TFT tour seems to be gathering momentum. . Last year we had 86 boat and this year I am sure that we can double that number.
I want to thank all those guys who have made it to the TFT tour in the past and would like to welcome you to come to this years Boating Toys For Tots Tour…
Also in you are coming to the TFT tour I can send you a Free event T-shirt I might need a little to cover postage. But the T-shirt is free: Give Me a call 407 760 3481 or E-mail [email protected]
Russ- It was good seeing you at our meeting, we are looking forward to your event!! That said i have some good news, and some bad news

the bad news is, you must have missunderstood our boat count for the TFT run from our club, that or had too many beers at the after meeting @ cocktail hour!! plan on 10-14 boats from the JPBC

HOWEVER, the good news is, the JPBC, by unaminous vote, JPBC will be helping out with sponsorship of the $250.00 donation you requested, we are all looking forward to seeing our name on the shirts!!
Old 10-16-2009, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by Boomer35
Russ- It was good seeing you at our meeting, we are looking forward to your event!! That said i have some good news, and some bad news

the bad news is, you must have missunderstood our boat count for the TFT run from our club, that or had too many beers at the after meeting @ cocktail hour!! plan on 10-14 boats from the JPBC

HOWEVER, the good news is, the JPBC, by unaminous vote, JPBC will be helping out with sponsorship of the $250.00 donation you requested, we are all looking forward to seeing our name on the shirts!!
I missed the JPBC meeting again but I will be sending our donation next week. I have to get the logo worked on and once that is done i will foward that as well. ...Thanks for your hard work...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.