Notices

2010 Jammin on the James KICKOFF PARTY! Jan. 30th

Old 11-20-2009, 07:48 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by Saratoga Stamped
Brian took our Stampede boat to an event like this in July,
Being from Denver, I was not thinking of Boating in Jan?
What is the weather at this time of year?
i may look for something to do besides snowmobile that weekend
Thanks
Doc
Saratoga Stampede
Doc, It's just a big kickoff party here locally in Richmond.

Traditionally, I have held the PowerBoaters Winter Chill-Out Party around this time (for about 7 years) so we all stay in touch over the winter. As of the past couple years, the event has turned into "opening day" to turn in your Registrations for the JOTJ PR for later that summer. The earlier you get your PR Registration turned in, the better dock spaces/closer to the center of the afternoon/evening dock party--your slip is.

So this year the Winter Chill-Out and JOTJ Kick Off are a single event in James' Barn, in Chesterfield, VA; including Band, Boobs, Burnouts, and Boobs, and Booze. (Yep Boobs mentioned twice.)

This will not be an event to miss.
Old 11-20-2009, 08:30 AM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz

Traditionally, I have held the PowerBoaters Winter Chill-Out Party around this time (for about 7 years) so we all stay in touch over the winter. As of the past couple years, the event has turned into "opening day" to turn in your Registrations for the JOTJ PR for later that summer. The earlier you get your PR Registration turned in, the better dock spaces/closer to the center of the afternoon/evening dock party--your slip is.

So this year the Winter Chill-Out and JOTJ Kick Off are a single event in James' Barn, in Chesterfield, VA; including Band, Boobs, Burnouts, and Boobs, and Booze. (Yep Boobs mentioned twice.)

Yep, last year was aprox 100 people and 40 boats registered on the first night...and a party wasn't really planned until the last minute. This one has already gotten group rates and shuttle service arranged with hotels and a band coming in. That 75 ft garage and house are going to be packed!!!
Old 11-20-2009, 10:12 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 18 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by t500hps
Yep, last year was aprox 100 people and 40 boats registered on the first night...and a party wasn't really planned until the last minute. This one has already gotten group rates and shuttle service arranged with hotels and a band coming in. That 75 ft garage and house are going to be packed!!!
sounds like a great event
If i am not on call or obligated that weekend
i will try to attend
thanks
Doc
Mike Janssen
www.saratogapokerrun.com
Old 11-20-2009, 03:22 PM
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default burnouts and beer

Originally Posted by Sydwayz

burnouts?you mean like at the drag-strip.count us in.brain,james,should i ask my buddy to bring his top alchol dragster?great smokie burnouts and real loud......a real crowd pleaser.see you guys there.
Old 11-20-2009, 04:29 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 68 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Saratoga Stamped
sounds like a great event
If i am not on call or obligated that weekend
i will try to attend
thanks
Doc
Mike Janssen
www.saratogapokerrun.com
Doc we will be there so you are welcome to come with us....it is a good time for sure
Old 11-26-2009, 09:02 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by t500hps
We have only done this run once, and will not miss it, it's on the list for a must do event for the summer...

Just last night I had a little pre Thanksgiving get together at my house last night and we pulled a few boats that have promised to make the run with us this year... I will not be able to make the pre registration party as I will be in the Islands celebrating my 40th Birthday, but that is the only reason I will miss it....

Pat
Old 12-04-2009, 08:39 AM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The Admiral and I are in! Add us to the list. We'll bring red and white wines, Captain and Diet, Key Lime ice cubes....and some food. Thanks for hosting this, James - We've heard lots of good things about this event and the people behind it.
Old 12-11-2009, 09:12 PM
Registered

Any word on the block of rooms at the Marriott. I've called and no one has any info.
Old 12-12-2009, 07:15 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am currently working on the room problem, should be solved by the first of the week. Stay tuned, will post updates.
Old 12-13-2009, 07:32 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

I'm bringing my RV, and will have a couch available for anyone letting me ride on their boat for the run. Other parts of my resume:
1) Wife flashes
2) I know how to handle lines
3) Wife flashes
4) I have beer/gas money
5) Wife flashes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.