Boaters "SNOWMOBILE POKER RUN" Old Forge Ny This Winter >

Boaters "SNOWMOBILE POKER RUN" Old Forge Ny This Winter

Notices

Boaters "SNOWMOBILE POKER RUN" Old Forge Ny This Winter

Old 10-24-2009, 12:03 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jwurl
Don't forget to be careful in Moose River Plains. I got a ticket there last year for running over 100mph in a 25. The cop jumps out of the bushes with a radar gun. I may be in depending on the date. I travel fron NC to Old Forge to sled a couple times every year. Jeff Wurl
As you serious? Cops hiding in the brush waiting for sledders to come down the trail and then jump out to get a radar reading? WTF So if I understand this, there are speed limits posted on your trail system?

Sorry, but the day Michigan starts posting speed limit signs, I am selling all my sleds. Sledding the one of the very few remaining sports that has very few limitations. It's called freedom.
Old 10-24-2009, 01:30 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ROTAX454
As you serious? Cops hiding in the brush waiting for sledders to come down the trail and then jump out to get a radar reading? WTF So if I understand this, there are speed limits posted on your trail system?

Sorry, but the day Michigan starts posting speed limit signs, I am selling all my sleds. Sledding the one of the very few remaining sports that has very few limitations. It's called freedom.
Absolutely, speed limits in NY vary from 25-55 MPH. In Lake George the speed limit is 45 on all trails except for Prospect Mtn state Hwy where it is 30. Ironically this is a paved highway that they groom in the winter. I have easily seen 105 MPH on it. A couple accidents/fatalities and out came the speed limits.

And yes in Moose River Plains they hide out in the bush and pop out to catch the speeders after they get you on the gun.
Old 10-24-2009, 01:50 PM
Registered

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Gladhe8er
Absolutely, speed limits in NY vary from 25-55 MPH. In Lake George the speed limit is 45 on all trails except for Prospect Mtn state Hwy where it is 30. Ironically this is a paved highway that they groom in the winter. I have easily seen 105 MPH on it. A couple accidents/fatalities and out came the speed limits.

And yes in Moose River Plains they hide out in the bush and pop out to catch the speeders after they get you on the gun.
Warren Ct is broke and talking about getting rid of their snowmobile patrol. That leaves DEC, and I have not seen them on South Warren's trails.

They hide on Prospect too, cause no one runs that slow. But if you go by them, and take the backside, they usually don't follow. I've had a few people coming down it on the wrong side. one sled actually brushed my handlebar one nite. Those rocks look HUGE at night going by at near 100 on the corners
Old 10-24-2009, 03:45 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Zone 5
Warren Ct is broke and talking about getting rid of their snowmobile patrol. That leaves DEC, and I have not seen them on South Warren's trails.

They hide on Prospect too, cause no one runs that slow. But if you go by them, and take the backside, they usually don't follow. I've had a few people coming down it on the wrong side. one sled actually brushed my handlebar one nite. Those rocks look HUGE at night going by at near 100 on the corners
Interesting. I see DEC in their little S-10 blazers at some trail heads, but good news about Prospect. I feel like Grnadpa going up that mountain at 35 MPH.
Old 10-24-2009, 10:38 PM
Registered

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Gladhe8er
Interesting. I see DEC in their little S-10 blazers at some trail heads, but good news about Prospect. I feel like Grnadpa going up that mountain at 35 MPH.
I haven't seen them here, but I usually ride our trails M-F and stay far away on weekends.

Just watch Prospect, as they are there. My friends that have blown by them pretty much ride like idiots, so if you are sane, they may follow. When they are running 100, I'm running 70-80 well behind. The one time I did one of those corners near 100, I started out on the far left side, and finished the corner far right side about 10 feet from the rocks. That put the fear of god into me in a big hurry.
Old 10-25-2009, 05:52 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you think snowmobiling in old forge with a gun pointed at you is bad, try new york harbor the have machine guns. The cops really are not a problem in old forge if you have #'s on your sled and a trial pass they wave you on by.If you act like a A hole your treated like one.
Old 10-26-2009, 08:39 AM
Registered

Count use in, we ran Tug Hill and Old Forge last year.Great time ! No issues with the cop's, were used to them at Lake Chautauqua NY if your doing a head count 3 boaters 6 sleds.Wives you know. This sound cool,even if not a poker run i'm in for a weekend BLAST ! East Ohio Boys.
Old 10-26-2009, 09:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ReggieRaft
If you think snowmobiling in old forge with a gun pointed at you is bad, try new york harbor the have machine guns. The cops really are not a problem in old forge if you have #'s on your sled and a trial pass they wave you on by.If you act like a A hole your treated like one.
I Agree, We are looking at the weekend of January 30th 2010.
Old 10-27-2009, 11:07 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Zone 5

I've never seen Warren Cty with a radar gun...just have seen them checking registration.

Got a ticket on Prospect from the DEC...was caught speeding but they gave me a ticket for failure to obey a posted sign. I guess it could have been worse.
Old 10-27-2009, 11:11 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Oh, and I am interested in the poker run as well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.