Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
Get well soon Pokerrunner2000 ( Stu McDonald ) >

Get well soon Pokerrunner2000 ( Stu McDonald )

Notices

Get well soon Pokerrunner2000 ( Stu McDonald )

Old 11-05-2009, 09:11 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Get well soon Pokerrunner2000 ( Stu McDonald )

A few days ago Stu McDonald from Poker Runs America suffered a serious stroke and spent the first few days in the ICU at Milton District Hospital at Milton, Ontario near Toronto. It was touch and go for that first while as he had also hit his head which resulted in a blood clot. I am today happy to report that Stu is now making great progress in his recovery. I had the priviledge to spend just over an hour with him this afternoon and he is much improved from just a day or so ago. His color is good, he was alert and able to converse with me, he said he was out of bed earlier in the day and could walk with the aid of a walker, all good signs. He did look tired tho and you can tell he has been through an awful ordeal. He does have some paralysis on his right side but showed me he could lift his arm and open and close his hand with some effort. He will need physio therapy to fully regain those functions which were previously natural to him. We talked about old times and had a lot of laughs too. I told him I had never bought flowers for a man before. LOL ( I'm sure he would much rather had a bottle of Scotch but there was no way I could get that by security! ) LOL I thought the flowers might brighten up his surroundings. What you can't see very well in the pic is a kids toy boat that served to hold the arrangement. I couldn't find a go fast so the tug had to do. There were some accessory nemo fish, a manatee and jelly fish that I told Stu I pilfered out of the set for my g'kids. We laughed some more.
I extended the many kind thoughts and expressions of concern from all his offshore friends that had become aware of his situation. He does appreciate you all and says he will be back on the computer to thank you before too long.
GET WELL, STU ! You are doing great, keep it up.
Bob
Attached Thumbnails Get well soon Pokerrunner2000 ( Stu McDonald )-stus-flower-boat.jpg  
Old 11-06-2009, 08:17 AM
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Stu, get well soon! All the best,

Humphrey
Old 11-06-2009, 03:55 PM
Registered

Thanks for your post, Bob!

As usual, you lead the way. Having known Stu for over 20 years, I know he's made of tough stuff. I'm very distressed to hear the news, but confident Stu will bounce back quickly.

Best of luck to you Stu! You add so much to Poker Runs & I consider you irreplaceable.

I'll stop by the hospital to see you on Tuesday.
Chin up!
Dave
Old 11-17-2009, 03:15 PM
Registered

Any idea how Stu is doing? I hope he is doing better.
Old 11-20-2009, 05:58 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Default Speedy Recovery

Wishing you a speedy recovery Stu.