Old 01-19-2010, 07:31 PM
skater brother
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1
Old 01-20-2010, 09:05 AM
VP of the tickfaw200

Received 148 Likes on 60 Posts

think something is brewing up here! and its goingt to be fun!
Old 01-20-2010, 09:39 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Casey, I'll be glad to pitch in any way I can too. Give me a shout and let me know what's happening.

I know the guys that came down from Tennessee last year wanted to come if the 200 was still on. I'm sure they may try to make it if we do something like this. If it doesn't interfere with a race weekend, the Geico team might even come as well.

Also, if we are going to "unofficially" run to Madisonville, we probably need to let the restaurants/bars know. Also, could add a Sidell leg to the run and maybe even over to Cajun Crab Island etc. I'm sure Craig@GCOffshore and his guys would gladly pitch in as well.

Will we be able to use Blood River Marina as a "home port"? I know they don't want to apply for the liquor permits etc, but what if we "leased" the grounds/Fun House for the weekend so we have a "home port" and a place for people with RV's to park? Just make it a BYOB deal.

Plenty of options on this deal and plenty to be done. Let's start planning so it doesn't fall through the cracks.
Old 01-20-2010, 11:30 AM
Registered

I'm glad to help out any way i can - In Slidell you have a couple of stops or on the South shore by the airport right in the industrial canal is 2 spots one even has a swimming pool we might be able to use - i can call and make arrangements. Cajun Crab Island is good to.
Old 01-20-2010, 11:53 AM
Registered

Good to hear from you Spinny!! Why don't we set a tentative date maybe to sit down, grab some dinner and mull over some plans?

Casey, you good with that??

Anyone else that would like to volunteer would be greatly appreciated as well. Let's make this happen!
Old 01-20-2010, 12:08 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Guys, let us know the planning dates we will try to hop over from Lake Charles. I smell a party coming on. We talking the first saturday in May??
Old 01-20-2010, 12:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Thunderstruck
Guys, let us know the planning dates we will try to hop over from Lake Charles. I smell a party coming on. We talking the first saturday in May??
I think it would be appropriate to have it the same weekend as the 200 traditionally was, don't you? This should only be a one time deal since the new owner seems to have the desire to revive the 200 next year. I think it would be very fitting to attempt to put it back to near a 200 mile run as well. That's why I was suggesting some stops across the lake. However, I don't want to ramrod this thing, just making suggestions.

I think it will be one helluva party and a fitting tribute to Charlie and the many TF 200's we have enjoyed in the past!!!

"The Charlie Albert Memorial Tickfaw 200" ????
Old 01-20-2010, 12:28 PM
VP of the tickfaw200

Received 148 Likes on 60 Posts

i am in just let me know when and were yall would like to meet up! not sure how the landing would feel about us using it but i can find out no problem.

so many options for stops and thay all knew charlie. that shouldnt be a problem.

i know charlie and his niece were very close should we run this by the family and so on first? they probly wouldnt care but you know how things go.
Old 01-20-2010, 12:48 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by caseyh
i am in just let me know when and were yall would like to meet up! not sure how the landing would feel about us using it but i can find out no problem.

so many options for stops and thay all knew charlie. that shouldnt be a problem.

i know charlie and his niece were very close should we run this by the family and so on first? they probly wouldnt care but you know how things go.
I will talk to Danielle and make sure there isn't a problem. I wouldn't think there would be. I think they would approve of any kind of tribute to Charlie. They'll probably ride with me anyway.

On the use of the marina, if Joey isn't good with that we will need to figure out something. We're gonna need a point to get everyone together. Although it isn't going to be an organized poker run, there still will need to be some sort of organization. If not Blood River, I may be able to work something out with Scott at Tin Lizzy's. Could also be the site of the afterparty. That way there will already be a band in place and a bar open. Again, plenty details to discuss.

I will try to give Craig a call today and get some potential dates together for planning. I'll get back ASAP.

Everyone that is interested in helping, send me your names, addresses, phone numbers and email address to [email protected] so I can put a distribution list together.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:36 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Before things get to far,, Royal Purple Poker might move it's run to May 1.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.