Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
The countdown has begun, Desert Storm 2010!! (Updated schedule of events) >

The countdown has begun, Desert Storm 2010!! (Updated schedule of events)

Notices

The countdown has begun, Desert Storm 2010!! (Updated schedule of events)

Old 04-20-2010, 03:59 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Good updated info:

Here are some of the highlights to look for as we all arrive and get fired up!

Wednesday we are starting off with over 200 people from the Phoenix Chapter of Make A Wish and the Havasu for Youth organization meeting at the Nautical Resort for Platinum Powerboats Club's "Puttin on the Wish" LakeRacer is proud to sponsor this event and welcomes all the boaters helping make these wishes come true for some very special youngsters and their families. We could use some volunteer help getting the kids down to the docks and in the boats. Come on down if you have the time, 10 Am to 6:00 Pm.

Thursday's street party is one third longer than ever before in size, we have over 100 displays of the biggest, baddest and best performance boats ever built. Plus lots of food, drinks and other vendors to make it a great party! Don't forget the party starts at Noon, so don't dally in getting thereJ
I also have talked some special people in coming to my VIP booth and being available for you to meet, and take pictures with. They'll even autograph your T-shirt or posters we'll have available.

Scheduled to appear is:

2:00 PM - Greg Olson -- Winner 2009 King of the Desert Shootout

3:00 pm - Dave Hemmingson -- President, Dave's Custom Boats

4:00 pm - Mike Defrees -- 2009 Offshore Racing World Champion SuperCat 850

5:00 PM - Randy Scism -- President, MTI Powerboats

6:00 PM - Fred Kiekhaefer -- President, Mercury Racing

7:00 PM - Bob Teague -- President, Teague Custom Marine -- Desert Storm Title Sponsor
2009 Offshore Racing World Champion Super Cat

Fridays Poker Run has 175 Teams entered and has some of the coolest hardware around. We have over 22 Skaters entered and 12 MTI's at last count. This is the biggest gathering of Skaters in any one event ever! Peter Hledin the owner of Douglas Marine, the builder of Skater Powerboats, will be on hand to commemorate this event with a group photo at the London Bridge during the Noon poker run break.

If any team needs a crane to launch, Sky High Cranes will have their 120 ton unit on site at the Nautical Resort and arrangements can be made by calling Brad Johnson, President of POPRA at (530)355-9565.

Don't forget, Lunch will be served for the Poker Run Teams (wristband required) at the Nautical Resort Conference Center. Due to the shortage of boat parking, Arrangements have been made to shuttle the teams from the London Bridge Beach Park, parking lot for free. Park your boat on the island side of the channel and walk thru the park to the parking lot where RoadRunner Shuttles will be waiting.

That afternoon at the Nautical Resort, Gazda Marine Services will be putting on the Stereo Contest for those who have signed up for it. They'll be accepting additional sign ups at poker run registration.

The cocktail party in the Nautical Cove will take off at 6:30 with card turn in starting at 7:00pm, live music will be provided by the band "PUSH". The evening will be punctuated by a fireworks display in the bay provided by Round Eye Fireworks with Pirate Cove providing the floating platform. After the fireworks, please stick around for the Make A Wish Auction. We have some wonderful items to bid on and all proceeds go to make a special wish come true. Please make the auction something for the other poker runs around the country to aspire to!!

Saturday should be a great day for the Shootout, please be mindful of the safety zones and help out the safety boats by keeping the course and zones free of boats. The entire area from Copper Canyon to Spectator Point is a "NO WAKE ZONE" from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm. This is to provide a safe spectator area to keep the water conditions right for a safe shootout. Please spread the word about the extended "NO WAKE ZONE"!!

Saturday evening's event will be at the Aquatic Center south of McCulloch blvd on Hwy 95. RoadRunner Shuttle service will be available to take you over and return for $3.00 per person plus tip. That number is (928)854-9333.
Cocktail will start at 6:30 pm with dinner at 7:00 and awards at 8:00. Entertainment will be provided by the band "Tattooed Soul" and our DJ Victor Beragan. After the awards, the music will continue on till everyone crashes J

Sunday we have a great show being put on by Pacific Offshore Powerboat Racing Association. Two heats of hot racing action with over 25 teams.

This year we have a Weekend long beach party at Rotary Park from Friday morning thru Sunday. Setup primarily for spectators not part of the event activities, we'll have music, food, displays and a beer garden. Free to the public, it should be a great venue for watching the weekends events, plus we have added a firework show on Saturday night to cap off the day!

We hope you really enjoy the 2010 Desert Storm Powerboat Event

Thank you,

Jim Nichols and the LakeRacer Volunteers and Staff
Old 04-20-2010, 05:19 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will be there!
Old 04-20-2010, 10:07 PM
Charter Member #1528

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Yeeeaaahhh….this is my favorite time of the year!!
I’m soooo excited to see the parade when you guys come though the channel.
I look forward to this every year!…its my favorite!!

I’ll be watching you.. @ Kings view..
So wave to me...

Yeeeeaaaahhhh….Its big boat time… my favorite!
Old 04-21-2010, 09:15 AM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by RiverGirl
Yeeeaaahhh….this is my favorite time of the year!!
I’m soooo excited to see the parade when you guys come though the channel.
I look forward to this every year!…its my favorite!!

I’ll be watching you.. @ Kings view..
So wave to me...

Yeeeeaaaahhhh….Its big boat time… my favorite!
I didn't know you were still in Havasu. Last I heard you were in Miami. See you out on the water this weekend.