Notices

Free Fun Run Oshkosh Lake Winnebago June 18th & 19th

Old 05-06-2010, 12:43 PM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Free Fun Run Oshkosh Lake Winnebago June 18th & 19th

2010 Lake Winnebago Fun Run
June 18th &19th Sweetwater Performance Center / City Center Hotel

Oshkosh Thunder is going to take a year off due to the economy and give the boaters and sponsors a breather; however the Chicago Boat Club would still like to have a ‘Fun Run’ on Lake Winnebago. Stockbridge Harbor on the other side of Lake Winnebago is still having ‘Harborfest’ that will have great food available, an awesome band (Red Fish) and lots of activities. The City Center Hotel (old Park Plaza on the river) has been remodeled recently and has a block of rooms reserved until May 15th at a discounted rate. We hope that you can make a showing for the people at Harborfest who love to see the big boats. Stockbridge Harbor has great docking, beautiful landscaping, and lots of room available.

Suggested schedule of events:
Friday:

There will be bands at Boatyard Bar & Grill, the Fox River Grill, and the Hilton Garden Inn
Slippage and boat trailer parking available at the Pioneer Marina, and at Sweetwater Performance.

Saturday:

Breakfast is available at either Fox River Grill in the City Center Hotel, the Boatyard Bar & Grill, or the Hilton Garden Inn

Meet in the mouth of the river by the railroad bridge at approx. 11:00 AM to head across the lake to Harborfest in
Stockbridge Harbor where there be an awesome band (Red Fish) playing, great food, and lots of activities.

After lunch you can head across the lake and a little South to Striech’s sand beach bay for some sun & fun, or hang at
Harborfest for a stay before heading back to Oshkosh.

Maps of Lake Winnebago are available on line at http://www.boatingwinnebago.com/

CALL HERE FOR ROOMS: City Center Hotel (Previous Park Plaza Hotel on the river)
(CityCenterHotelOshkosh.com) (920)-231-5000
Hilton Garden Inn (Easy highway access)
(HiltonGardenInn.com) (920)-966-1300

CALL HERE FOR SLIPS: SweetWater Performance Center (920)-230-6379
Pioneer Marina (920)-233-1981

Please talk to Brad Zastrow for more questions or feel free to contact Mark Lee at 920.420.5678 or [email protected]

Last edited by Brad Zastrow; 05-17-2010 at 09:27 AM.
Old 05-09-2010, 10:12 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I don't think the lake map link works.........

Does this lake get too ruff for my 25' eagle?
Old 05-09-2010, 10:41 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sounds fun, but like a typical poker run posting, I don't see a state in the listing to see if I or we can travel there in a timely manor
Old 05-10-2010, 12:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You will be fine in a 25 footer no problem. If you have a problem and have to jump out of the boat you should be able to keep your hair dy!!!! not quite but it iss a relativly shallow lake. I have been on a thread about just this, search my handle and you sould see it "Lake Winnebago".
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...winnebago.html

Welfare, It is in WI, you could take the ferry across and be there in 5 or 6 hour from Detroit. It is only an hour from Manitawoc WI.
Big surface area lakes up there, let me know if you can make it.
Old 05-10-2010, 08:53 AM
Banned

Looks like should be a fun day/run
Old 05-10-2010, 09:40 AM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 23 Posts

Sorry I did not include that Oshkosh is in Wisconsin. I thought most people have heard of that city and lake.

Lake Winnebago is about 30 by 10 miles, and has a surface area of 137,708 acres It has 88 miles of shoreline. It is the largest lake completely within Wisconsin. It has an average depth of 15.5 feet and a maximum depth of 21 feet.
I do not think you will hit bottom. There is one area on the SW side of the lake that is shallow. Ask before you go out it is near a point. We have had 50' boats for the Poker Run in years past.
Most days a 25' would be fine. If the wind is blowing hard it can get really rough.

Last edited by Brad Zastrow; 05-10-2010 at 10:26 AM.
Old 05-10-2010, 09:59 AM
Registered

Glad to see something happening in the area even if Oshkosh Thunder isn't going to happen.
Old 05-10-2010, 10:13 AM
Banned

Lake Winnebago is about 30 by 10 miles

Isn't Lake Winnebago the JBS testing Lake ?????
Old 05-10-2010, 10:37 AM
JBS
Registered

Default fun run

Lake Winnebago is JBS' secret test site.We are looking foreward to stretching the mystics legs on this lake this summer and setting a new world record here.I am going to try my best to be here for this event.
Old 05-10-2010, 01:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JBS
Lake Winnebago is JBS' secret test site.We are looking foreward to stretching the mystics legs on this lake this summer and setting a new world record here.I am going to try my best to be here for this event.
cool Jeff i thought you mentioned Winnebago before & good luck

Lake Winnebago is one of the finest lakes for testing in the midwest. JBS Racing uses it for testing our boats. I live on on the lake in the Oshkosh area and have many contacts at marinas and hotels that would make your visit real comfortable. Weather is cool, but the conditions on the lake are perfect, no traffic, no speed limit, normally early calm conditions and afternoon waves get larger.

no speed limit Cool BIG Daddy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.