Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
Lake Cumberland Poker Run Pros and Cons of boatel??? >

Lake Cumberland Poker Run Pros and Cons of boatel???

Notices

Lake Cumberland Poker Run Pros and Cons of boatel???

Old 08-10-2011, 03:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With the boatels filled whats the next best option? Could sleep on the boat if there are facilities available, camping, house rental, etc. Pretty open.

Newbie to Cumberland except a bit of testing for LCM. Any input appreciated, looks like a fun run.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:02 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by fantastixvoyage
With the boatels filled whats the next best option? Could sleep on the boat if there are facilities available, camping, house rental, etc. Pretty open.

Newbie to Cumberland except a bit of testing for LCM. Any input appreciated, looks like a fun run.

We slept on the boat last year. There is a camp ground a mile or two from the dock with a shuttle that goes back and forth from it.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by HHHMR
Crayola... If its a yellow 42 Baja ya, I know of him, hes a local guy, live close to me.

YES, get the boatel if you can!!

No to Hijack the thread, but if anyone has a room at State Dock or Jametown theyre not going to use or willing to sell for a small price let me know!!
PM or call 513-324-4386 Thanks!
yes the boat has yellow and some orange ,his wife owns an exterminating business. Ill call you
Old 08-10-2011, 09:51 PM
Registered

sorry, was busy when you called, just got your message. call me anytime tomorrow
Old 08-11-2011, 07:23 AM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

You could stay at the hotel at State Dock it is Called the Lure Lodge. You have to enter the poker run to get a room there just like a boatel. If the hotel doesnt sell out then they will give the rooms out to non poker run entrants usually on friday or saturday. They have a shuttle that runs back and forth to the dock all day and most of the night. I know a couple years ago it was still running at about 2 a.m. I have stayed there several times not the nicest place i have stayed and definitely not the worst . Just a nice average hotel.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:44 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by redsled33
You could stay at the hotel at State Dock it is Called the Lure Lodge. You have to enter the poker run to get a room there just like a boatel. If the hotel doesnt sell out then they will give the rooms out to non poker run entrants usually on friday or saturday. They have a shuttle that runs back and forth to the dock all day and most of the night. I know a couple years ago it was still running at about 2 a.m. I have stayed there several times not the nicest place i have stayed and definitely not the worst . Just a nice average hotel.
Im planning to get there early and find a dock Ill sleep on the boat.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:55 PM

I may have a couple spots available on a houseboat rental from Burnside if anyone is interested. We will be tied up in Harmon all weekend. I will know for sure in the next week or so. We had a couple people back out this past week and I'm just waiting to hear from a couple other friends who may be taking their place. I'll keep ya'll posted.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:16 AM
Registered

tt
Old 08-23-2011, 08:44 AM
Registered

I am there every year. Do not miss the party on State dock Friday and or Saturday night. Do not miss the Harmon creek Raft up on Saturday from Noon to 5pm prime time madness. Bring every fender you have, then borrow 2 more.
Old 08-24-2011, 09:16 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr Ralphy
I am there every year. Do not miss the party on State dock Friday and or Saturday night. Do not miss the Harmon creek Raft up on Saturday from Noon to 5pm prime time madness. Bring every fender you have, then borrow 2 more.
+1