Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
KY LAKE Poker Run gone.... find someone to organize or move on? >

KY LAKE Poker Run gone.... find someone to organize or move on?

Notices

KY LAKE Poker Run gone.... find someone to organize or move on?

Old 01-05-2011, 01:13 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Because ordering sizes is a huge challenge. All my poker runs I make people prepay shirts for with their registration. I do this to try and make the poker run cheaper for people and so someone doesn't go home unhappy because they didn't have their size. Mitch switched to this last year and I think it ws a very noble idea personally. My last pr I sold 350 shirts and had to order 83 shirts for people. Now I ordered 500 shirts up front. So I had 150 wrong sizes left over. If I would have preordered those I wouldn't have lost any money on t shirts and had to donate a bunch to the shelter. I am a business man and its just the way I approach things.
Old 01-06-2011, 05:33 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Guys,,.... I will miss it too!!

Mitch

PS,, When did Running Hot get out of OSO jail??
Old 01-06-2011, 05:43 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by RBH
Talked to Mitch a couple of months ago and he said then he was not going to be able to get it together. Not enough help is always a problem.
The Nashville Tn group will miss the event, always a good time when Mitch is in charge.
Thanks to Mitch for the great times on KY Lake.
Thanks RB!!
Mitch
Old 01-06-2011, 10:22 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mama tryed
Thanks RB!!
Mitch
I'm with RB... Our crowd will miss it for sure! Always a good time...
Old 01-06-2011, 11:37 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts
Default KY Poker Run

It seems to me there is still interest in this run..."BKSAE",
"642MX", FuelinAround, if you guys want to try and organize this I will help. We need a ring leader, I would do it but I have never been involved in the planning of a run so I have no idea where to start. Someone mentioned in an earlier post doing away with the dinner and band, i think thats a good idea and would reduce cost. Money that could be added to the prizes. The run and the raft up is the fun part you could just enb the run at the ramp having all cards turned in by 5pm with the winners announced on this site and prizes sent by mail. Or a very low key gathering at one of the shelter house's at the top of the Marina to announce the winners.

Any thoughts????
Old 01-06-2011, 12:08 PM
Registered

What about insurance/liability for an organized poker run event?
Wouldnt that also have to be taken care of beforehand?
Old 01-06-2011, 01:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by HTRDLNCN
What about insurance/liability for an organized poker run event?
Wouldnt that also have to be taken care of beforehand?
That's a good question...That's where we need someone with experience to step up and handle the bigger issues and then delegate the more routine task to those of us willing to volunteer and handle the smaller tasks.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:00 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mama tryed
Thanks RB!!
Mitch
You Da man Mitch!
Old 01-06-2011, 03:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bigredbaja
It seems to me there is still interest in this run..."BKSAE",
"642MX", FuelinAround, if you guys want to try and organize this I will help. We need a ring leader, I would do it but I have never been involved in the planning of a run so I have no idea where to start. Someone mentioned in an earlier post doing away with the dinner and band, i think thats a good idea and would reduce cost. Money that could be added to the prizes. The run and the raft up is the fun part you could just enb the run at the ramp having all cards turned in by 5pm with the winners announced on this site and prizes sent by mail. Or a very low key gathering at one of the shelter house's at the top of the Marina to announce the winners.

Any thoughts????
No ring leading for me... I've only been in 1 poker run so far.

I don't see where its too complicated.... 5 stops and 2 people working the stops, figure out a marina to have lunch at and give them a heads up, then figure out a place to gather the cards and sort thru the hands....

The dinner and band could be done at Buzzard Rock... they have live music on the weekends anyway, lake side bar, and rooms to stay at if ya drink too much or get a covered slip for the night. I bet they would be glad to help. Maybe it could be a starting point and ending point?... just to keep it simple.

Just brain storming here... don't flame me.
Old 01-06-2011, 04:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 642MX
No ring leading for me... I've only been in 1 poker run so far.

I don't see where its too complicated.... 5 stops and 2 people working the stops, figure out a marina to have lunch at and give them a heads up, then figure out a place to gather the cards and sort thru the hands....

The dinner and band could be done at Buzzard Rock... they have live music on the weekends anyway, lake side bar, and rooms to stay at if ya drink too much or get a covered slip for the night. I bet they would be glad to help. Maybe it could be a starting point and ending point?... just to keep it simple.

Just brain storming here... don't flame me.
I am with you 642..I am a Poker Run Rookie! If I remember from a post on another website you have a contact at Buzzard Rock would you be willing to make a call and see if they have any interest in being the host marina? I am not a fan of running on Barkley but we could always cross through the canel and make most of the stops on KY Lake. I am willing to make calls and try and line up sponsors if we can get this moved foward.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.