2nd Annual Lake Winnebago Four Horsemen Poker Run 7/22-7/23

Notices

2nd Annual Lake Winnebago Four Horsemen Poker Run 7/22-7/23

Old 04-19-2011, 12:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by offshore junky
Fantastic Poker run ! Top notch event ! Cant wait until July
Well thank you for the kind words! See you soon!
Old 06-10-2011, 09:34 AM
Registered

Default unsupported

Unsupported you ask-let's see if this helps.incredibly slow service for crappy food and warm beer.how about the "marina"-what a dump.the only thing fun about this poker run is seeing some old friends-the diarrhea and gouges from the docks I can surely do without.
Old 06-10-2011, 01:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by runningtabs
Unsupported you ask-let's see if this helps.incredibly slow service for crappy food and warm beer.how about the "marina"-what a dump.the only thing fun about this poker run is seeing some old friends-the diarrhea and gouges from the docks I can surely do without.
tabs-

the Four Horseman Poker Run is operated from the BoatYard bar and restaurant located on the Fox River in Oshkosh ,NOT the Pioneer Marina. The Marina is only used as a suggested launch site since it is nearby and is a nice launch for bigger boats.

The Pioneer Marina (not affiliated with the BoatYard) is in disrepair (and frequented therefore by your feathered friends), since the pioneer hotel was torn down years ago.

If you have gouges in your boat from the docks at the Boatyard, you do not know how to dock your vessel in a river, and/or you have useless mates on board. During a poker run, the BoatYard crew assist all boaters in docking if necessary.

As far as service or warm beer, sounds like the place is busy (as it would be on most weekends or certainly during a poker run). ...next time ask for a manager to voice your concerns or get you a colder
beer.

Last edited by Double Down; 06-10-2011 at 02:00 PM.
Old 07-07-2011, 09:02 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Double Down
tabs-

the Four Horseman Poker Run is operated from the BoatYard bar and restaurant located on the Fox River in Oshkosh ,NOT the Pioneer Marina. The Marina is only used as a suggested launch site since it is nearby and is a nice launch for bigger boats.

The Pioneer Marina (not affiliated with the BoatYard) is in disrepair (and frequented therefore by your feathered friends), since the pioneer hotel was torn down years ago.

If you have gouges in your boat from the docks at the Boatyard, you do not know how to dock your vessel in a river, and/or you have useless mates on board. During a poker run, the BoatYard crew assist all boaters in docking if necessary.

As far as service or warm beer, sounds like the place is busy (as it would be on most weekends or certainly during a poker run). ...next time ask for a manager to voice your concerns or get you a colder
beer.
Thank you, Double Down, for the kind words. Looking forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks!
Old 07-07-2011, 09:03 AM
Registered

Default 15 days to go and only 7 spots left!

Only 7 spots left for the poker run! There will be some awesome boats running, including 2 Nor-Techs from Florida. Tons of good food, body painted ladies, bands, sky divers and fireworks are just a few of the spectacles for the weekend. Sign up now at LakeWinnebagoFourHorsemen.com. What are you waiting for??!!
Old 07-08-2011, 08:25 AM
JBS
Registered

Default JBS hardcore offshore

JBS racing will not be there.you may see us in town or boating around
Old 07-11-2011, 09:55 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Default Please be aware of your trash talk regarding Oshkosh Thunder

Originally Posted by Boat Yard
Did you even attend our event last year? Thunder gives you a screen printed t-shirt in a plastic bag with a box lunch. You get more than the bang for your buck with the Horsemen. If you did attend and were disappointed, I am curious as to what you thought was not up to par. If you did not attend, I suggest you keep your unsupported comments to yourself.

On behaf of the Oshkosh Thunder commitee, who produced 16 Poker Runs on Lake Winnebago, and gave the Boat Yard A TON of busness, I ask that you don't trash talk the Poker Run that is the longest running in the Midwest and started it all in Oshkosh, including a 3 year offshore race (remember Shake the Lake ?). We wish you well with the 4 horseman, but also ask that you not be so quick to criticize an event that you never attended yourself. By the way the "screen printed t-shirts in a plastic bag" were actually shirts done by...oh yah - BoatYard. They wrere actually pretty nice Polo's. And the food "in a box" ? BoatYard again - I thought the dinner was pretty good myself. Oh that's right - you were not there...
We will be back...

Last edited by OshkoshThunder; 07-11-2011 at 05:52 PM.
Old 07-11-2011, 10:01 AM
zrx
Registered

Originally Posted by OshkoshThunder
On behaf of the Oshkosh Thunder commitee, who produced 16 Poker Runs on Lake Winnebago, and gave the Boat Yard A TON of busness, I ask that you don't trash talk the Poker Run that is the longest running in the Midwest and started it all in Oshkosh, including a 3 year offshore race (remember Shake the Lake ?). We wish you well with the 4 horeman, but also ask that you not be so quick to criticize an event that you never attended yourself.
We will be back...
Bro,
Sometimes you need to wear the stripes you earned. I attended the last two poker runs hosted by Oshkosh Thunder and there still are no pictures. I could care less about the food, the pictures are more important as one can use them for bench or barstool racing.

Just saying.
Old 07-11-2011, 12:14 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by zrx
Bro,
Sometimes you need to wear the stripes you earned. I attended the last two poker runs hosted by Oshkosh Thunder and there still are no pictures. I could care less about the food, the pictures are more important as one can use them for bench or barstool racing.

Just saying.
ZrX,

Sorry you did not get any pics. Do you still have the 35 Fountain? If you could PM me on verification of your boat and color, I will see if I can find some pics. Thanks.

Last edited by OshkoshThunder; 07-11-2011 at 12:16 PM.
Old 07-12-2011, 11:30 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by JBS
JBS racing will not be there.you may see us in town or boating around
Jeff, will you be at any races this season with the boat, and are you doing any poker runs close to here?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.