Looking for poker runs in upstate NY area >

Looking for poker runs in upstate NY area

Notices

Looking for poker runs in upstate NY area

Old 03-14-2011, 09:51 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for poker runs in upstate NY area

I know of the thunder run on Abay in june and thats about it. Also battle ship run on seneca. Isn't there a run on Sandy pond or Pulaski
Old 03-14-2011, 10:12 AM
Gold Member

Default Western New York Fun Run

All the info is on our website at www.wnyfunrun.com
It is the 11th annual and the price is right!
Old 03-14-2011, 11:11 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by nards444
I know of the thunder run on Abay in june and thats about it. Also battle ship run on seneca. Isn't there a run on Sandy pond or Pulaski
Greetings...the ones that I am familiar with are as follows:
1. Pirates Run on Seneca (SPBA) in June - Great lake (opportunity to stretch out a bit in open waters), great run, great organization, great festivities - creative, including motorized cooler races, etc..). Typically one of the larger attended in WNY.
2. ABay Run in June - PRA (can be expensive) Very scenic, quite exciting course (narrow, etc), fun bars all within walking distance. Typically 30'ish boats
3. WNY Fun Run (Buffalo around Grand Island) in June - Cool course - around Grand Island is a fun course. Portions are certain white knuckles and can get the adrenaline pumping for sure. Typically 50'ish boats.
4. SWAMP Run - Oneida Lake - Laid back, party setting. Good fun. Typically a shorter course than some of the others, but wide open and can stretch out. 50'ish boats
5. Thousand Islands PRA - expensive, but should be experienced by everyone at least once. Kingston is a great welcoming town. Whole town welcomes the event. Frankly the whole region seems to welcome the vent (with the exception of the OPP). 40k+ spectators in Kingston, along the course and in Brockville. Very scenic, and very intense. Narrow course, but long - 120+'ish miles if I remember correctly. Have seen more than 100 boats at this event...but is certainly economy-dependant.
6. Buffalo Poker Run - haven't done it yet, but have heard great things (August).
7. ROPA Battleship Run - Also on Seneca in August. Laid back, great wide open course. Stretch out. 30'ish boats.
8. ROPA Sandy Creek Run - Runs to Port of Rochester. Laid back, short run, but had a great day last year. Lake was pretty flat, and all got to enjoy running on Lake Ontario as fast as their rigs could go. Looked like 25'ish boats last year.

We're very fortunate to be able to enjoy a Poker Run in WNY just about every weekend of our short summer. All that I have attended have been a REALLY good time, and the organizations that run them know what they're doing.

You can get specific dates for each of this in this forum. While I posted my own perspectives, I'm sure others will respond with theirs and possibly correcting me on the attendance numbers as I only made one event in 2010, and those numbers may have changed last year.

You have plenty of options. Hopefully I'll see you at aleast one this season.
Old 03-14-2011, 05:19 PM
Registered

Buffalo Poker Run

Make the trip to the Buffalo Poker Run, Aug 12th-13th. It's a great time. Plus, its in the heart of the city so the Nightlife after the run is great too. http://powerboatingwny.com/poker_run.html
Old 03-14-2011, 05:56 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Fountain4402
hey thanks for the info. Any wild poker runs with bunch of crazy and girls and such
Well, if that's what you're looking for, my vote would be Desert Storm in Lake Havasu. It's right at the tail end of spring break and was so much fun that I had my boat shipped there two years in a row to indulge.

As far as here in Upstate NY, if you're looking for a dense population of crazy co-eds, I'd recommend doing the Thousand Islands Poker run in Kingston in August. However, instead of trying to be the first man back to the docks on the last leg, take a little detour into the Lake of the Isles. This event happens to fall on the same weekend as the start of Pirates Weekend, which is absolute mayhem! On the saturday afternoon of this event, you'll find 100-300 boats all tied up in a flotilla with well-hydrated crews that consistenly find creative ways to entertain. Since this is not the "uncensored" section, I'll leave the details to your imagination. Be careful, however, I've seen more than one marriage wrecked from this little hedonistic oasis of the islands.

Try the above agenda on for size, and by dusk you'll be in one of 3 scenarios:
1. You'll end up having and wanting to sleep in lake of the isles because you'll be in no condition to drive your boat.
2. You'll have a newly found date for the Poker Run banquet back in Kingston and have to figure out what she is going to wear because all she has with her is a bikini and smile.
3. You're Iphone will be full of off-the-chart pics of your afternoon which will blow away your poker run peers pics of how they spent their afternoons wiping down their boats.

Yes, I have participated in the above mentioned poker run with a boat that does well over 100mph, and have consistently finished last due to the above antics.

My 2 cents. Like it our lump it.
Old 03-14-2011, 06:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Adrenaline Junkie
Well, if that's what you're looking for, my vote would be Desert Storm in Lake Havasu. It's right at the tail end of spring break and was so much fun that I had my boat shipped there two years in a row to indulge.

As far as here in Upstate NY, if you're looking for a dense population of crazy co-eds, I'd recommend doing the Thousand Islands Poker run in Kingston in August. However, instead of trying to be the first man back to the docks on the last leg, take a little detour into the Lake of the Isles. This event happens to fall on the same weekend as the start of Pirates Weekend, which is absolute mayhem! On the saturday afternoon of this event, you'll find 100-300 boats all tied up in a flotilla with well-hydrated crews that consistenly find creative ways to entertain. Since this is not the "uncensored" section, I'll leave the details to your imagination. Be careful, however, I've seen more than one marriage wrecked from this little hedonistic oasis of the islands.

Try the above agenda on for size, and by dusk you'll be in one of 3 scenarios:
1. You'll end up having and wanting to sleep in lake of the isles because you'll be in no condition to drive your boat.
2. You'll have a newly found date for the Poker Run banquet back in Kingston and have to figure out what she is going to wear because all she has with her is a bikini and smile.
3. You're Iphone will be full of off-the-chart pics of your afternoon which will blow away your poker run peers pics of how they spent their afternoons wiping down their boats.

Yes, I have participated in the above mentioned poker run with a boat that does well over 100mph, and have consistently finished last due to the above antics.

My 2 cents. Like it our lump it.

I have never done the 1000 Island run. But have many times been at Lake of the Isles when the run passes through. It is a great time and plan to be there again this year. It is out of control.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:28 AM
Registered

Swamp Run is fun, not the biggest but fun and for a GREAT cause. We donate ALL proceeds to Make-A-Wish and have Tim Sharkey in the sky for arial photos for all. Here is a trailer from a video we produced a few years ago.

Old 03-15-2011, 10:34 AM
Registered

Here is a link for some of Sharkeys pics from the Swamp Run:
http://sharkeyimages.zenfolio.com/nyspbc
Old 03-16-2011, 07:53 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default ROPA Runs

You can check out and get applications to the Rochester Offshore Powerboat Association (ROPA) runs at www.rochesteroffshore.com. We put on the Seneca Lake Battleship run (21st year) July 15-17 and the 2nd annual Eagle Creek Run on Lake Ontario Aug. 27th.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.