Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
Hudson River Summer Fun Run Sat 8/20/11 >

Hudson River Summer Fun Run Sat 8/20/11

Notices

Hudson River Summer Fun Run Sat 8/20/11

Old 08-09-2011, 09:32 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We're in, I believe I have another boat joining us as well, waiting for conformation on the 2nd boat though.
Old 08-09-2011, 04:12 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Expensive Date you could make the run across from Atlantic Highlands with me and we could meet at the liberty island instead of going all the way to stony point.
Rich
Old 08-09-2011, 05:51 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RICHARD CUNY
Hey Expensive Date you could make the run across from Atlantic Highlands with me and we could meet at the liberty island instead of going all the way to stony point.
Rich
Richard please PM your phone number. I lost my phone in the Oneida River and lost all my contacts..What motor work are you having done?
Old 08-09-2011, 08:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by RICHARD CUNY
Rich

Thanks Rich I might will let you know.It depends on if I go up Fri night. I like running the Hudson and never went south so thinking about Stony point.
Old 08-12-2011, 01:33 PM
Registered

So I just checked long term weather and it looks like scattered thunderstorm for Sat and Sun..PERFECT... If it still looks like rain both days later in the week should we push till the following weekend? Can everyone still make it? I guess time will tell, weather report changes everyday.

Anthony
Old 08-12-2011, 04:23 PM
Registered

I'm good for either weekend,Did your order the Tides? What time are they being delivered?
Old 08-12-2011, 11:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Expensive Date
I'm good for either weekend,Did your order the Tides? What time are they being delivered?
Yes i ordered tides for both weekends just in case. They are high around 6-7am.

Anthony
Old 08-15-2011, 09:22 AM
Registered

Don't think we can do the weekend of the 27th. I say we wait till later in the week and see what the weather says. hopefully it will blow through. if its scattered with a 30% chance or less I wouldn't even mind chancing it, these guys haven't been doing to well in our area lately, especially when it comes to the scattered. I would missed two or three weekends if we listened to weatherman. hopefully it will work out and turn out to be a nice day.
Old 08-15-2011, 04:14 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by nordic95
So I just checked long term weather and it looks like scattered thunderstorm for Sat and Sun..PERFECT... If it still looks like rain both days later in the week should we push till the following weekend? Can everyone still make it? I guess time will tell, weather report changes everyday.

Anthony
Not sure how this will effect the turnout Anthony, but the Long Island Offshore Race is the following weekend.....

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 08-15-2011, 09:57 PM
Registered

Unhappy

Ok Guys I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I think we will have to cancel this run till a later date. The Hudson river gets full of debris after a rain storm, like trees, rail road ties, barrels,docks etc. I have seen it all out there. And with this weeks weather we have seen areas of 5"-11" rain in the tri -state area and the last thing I want to do is get some one hurt or a boat destroyed just trying to have some fun...

I will see if we can reschedule this run for another date. And remember we always have the fall run going north in October..

Sorry,

Nordic95
Anthony R.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.