Notices

Pirates Weekend A- BAY

Old 08-11-2011, 09:10 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

NitrosNolan, will look for you for sure. I have a 25 Outlaw and will be with a 24 Commander and a 27 Advantage Victory and a little baja Hammer.
Upstate, will be on the gov't dock all night so no worries there. Thanks guys.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:06 AM
Registered

If anybody needs a slip with power I have one directly across from the boat launch next to the otter creek inn.Only problem is we stay up late and party all night.So you wont get much sleep.As far as the police you better make sure you are coast guard legal and have a sober driver.There are five different authorities all trying to justify there existence.so dont do anything stupid.Absolutly do not leave the dock at night,you will not make it past the end of the docks without getting pulled over.Speed limit in the channel is 30mph. 31 will get you a ticket.the speed limit is posted in two spots on a sign to small to notice at each end of the narrows.Just a word of advice,If you have a loud powerboat stay out of the narrows.Trust me,the cops and I are on a first name basis now!
Old 08-11-2011, 11:58 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by kragar
Upstate, will be on the gov't dock all night so no worries there. Thanks guys.
I think he is doing Buffalo this weekend.
Old 08-11-2011, 12:07 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by heater63
If anybody needs a slip with power I have one directly across from the boat launch next to the otter creek inn.Only problem is we stay up late and party all night.So you wont get much sleep.As far as the police you better make sure you are coast guard legal and have a sober driver.There are five different authorities all trying to justify there existence.so dont do anything stupid.Absolutly do not leave the dock at night,you will not make it past the end of the docks without getting pulled over.Speed limit in the channel is 30mph. 31 will get you a ticket.the speed limit is posted in two spots on a sign to small to notice at each end of the narrows.Just a word of advice,If you have a loud powerboat stay out of the narrows.Trust me,the cops and I are on a first name basis now!
What do you refer as the narrows?? Out front of A bay? Cause I usually do 40 through there and that seems to be the going rate for most boats. Not I could see ripping past boldt castle or whatever .
Old 08-12-2011, 01:17 AM
Registered

As you pull away from the village docks and onto the river look to your right and you will see a light house.The area of concern is from that lighthouse to the lighthouse all the way to your left just past the bridge.Outside of that area you should not have any trouble and can crank it up.The narrows would be from Abay to the bridge which is to you left when leaving the village docks
Old 08-12-2011, 06:22 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

I will be up there, with my ultra-gay cruiser If you see a bunch of go-fasts with big power that happen to have a white a red cruiser tied to them, that is me If anyone is coming up with a 358, 386 or 42ss Sonic let me know, that is what I am shopping for and would like a tour if you don't mind
Old 08-12-2011, 09:21 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by heater63
As you pull away from the village docks and onto the river look to your right and you will see a light house.The area of concern is from that lighthouse to the lighthouse all the way to your left just past the bridge.Outside of that area you should not have any trouble and can crank it up.The narrows would be from Abay to the bridge which is to you left when leaving the village docks
Ok. Yeah I didnt know it was 30. The way most people drive they probably dont either. I knew figured 55 was the gold standard. on the river.
Old 08-16-2011, 01:08 AM
Registered

Default Authorities

I work with one of the five authorities "competing" against each other. Yes, all of them will be out. Yes, they will hook you up and toss you in jail for driving intoxicated. They have put body parts into ominous black bags after drinking fatalities, so they don't take kindly to the offense.

On a lighter note, I'll be up for the 19-21st weekend in my '87 sport 210. I'll be the little guy looking for flat water, so be kind =)

Anyone else going to be up the second weekend? Could use a dock buddy
Old 08-16-2011, 07:11 AM
Registered

You want to go to Picton Island this weekend not Lake of the Isles.

Yeah I understand what you are saying. The problem is people dont like authority and Law enforcement tends to get overzealous at times as well, so between the two its never a good mix
Old 08-17-2011, 09:12 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

First weekend of Pirates down, one to go. Last weekend there was no shortage of azzholes on the river, very few law men. Just where are they when you need them. The main channel was full of idiots, would have been ticket heaven, and deservedly so! Personally I think it's about time they crack down on these fools.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.