Notices

9-11-11 Memorial Hudson Run

Old 09-05-2011, 11:15 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 007joe
Replied to the wrong thread, how is this shaping up?
I think I worked out the bugs!
We have five boats so far scheduled to hang for the day. I'm out looking for a flag for the boat now. I also hear there is a race or something on Saturday down in NY harbor. If so we will go out Saturday and then Sunday again. Let me know if your in.

Thanks Anthony
Old 09-05-2011, 11:20 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SBI is racing Saturday in the harbor, I can't make that as of now, but barring any more unforseen problems I'm in on Sunday for sure.
Old 09-05-2011, 08:14 PM
Registered

So the weather is looking good for next weekend both days mid 70's and mild. We went out today and picked up a couple of 4'X6' American flags and also some 911 Remembrance shirts for Sunday. I'm hoping a few more people hop on board with us because I would really like to make this trip something to remember and make a statement in the harbor. Let me know who else can make it...

Thanks Anthony
Attached Thumbnails 9-11-11 Memorial Hudson Run-100_5289.jpg  
Old 09-05-2011, 08:59 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My plan is to leave Sat afternoon and drop the boat off.If I end up leaving Sat night might just sleep on the boat.Are the showers still on at that marina?
Old 09-05-2011, 09:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Expensive Date
My plan is to leave Sat afternoon and drop the boat off.If I end up leaving Sat night might just sleep on the boat.Are the showers still on at that marina?
Yea the showers stay on till very end of season. Pretty much when all boats are out of their slips.
Old 09-05-2011, 09:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 007joe
SBI is racing Saturday in the harbor, I can't make that as of now, but barring any more unforseen problems I'm in on Sunday for sure.
Yea the SBI race is at 9 am on Saturday and over by 10:30 am so the "Empty Sky Memorial" can happen at 11:00am in Liberty State Park with Gov. Christie.

Anthony
Old 09-06-2011, 05:26 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just got off the phone with NYC harbor patrol.Was told there will be some brief times were they will be blocking the areas off of Manhattan.He did not know exact times but it would be when someone is speaking at the WTC site.I was told to hug the Jersey side going inbound.They are not telling us we can't do this but if we get held by either the C/C or NYPD it should not be for long.NYC harbor unit monitors channel 17.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Expensive Date
I just got off the phone with NYC harbor patrol.Was told there will be some brief times were they will be blocking the areas off of Manhattan.He did not know exact times but it would be when someone is speaking at the WTC site.I was told to hug the Jersey side going inbound.They are not telling us we can't do this but if we get held by either the C/C or NYPD it should not be for long.NYC harbor unit monitors channel 17.

Hope to make it both days. American motors with American flags, we shouldn't get bothered....

Now where do I get a dealership sized flag?
Old 09-07-2011, 03:24 PM
Registered

Anthony, I remembered from the Spring Hudson Run that you were planning on doing this. I was supposed to take the wife and kids to Wallenpaupack to go camping this Fri-Sun but the weather isn't looking good so I may end up doing the run down on Sunday. Gonna play it by ear and I know who to look for on the river if I go.

John
Old 09-08-2011, 12:04 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by atc250r
Anthony, I remembered from the Spring Hudson Run that you were planning on doing this. I was supposed to take the wife and kids to Wallenpaupack to go camping this Fri-Sun but the weather isn't looking good so I may end up doing the run down on Sunday. Gonna play it by ear and I know who to look for on the river if I go.

John
Hope you can join us for at least one day...should be a lot of fun.

Anthony

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.