Notices

Ticfaw 200 2012

Old 10-19-2011, 01:12 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ticfaw 200 2012

I am planning on going to this run in 2012. I am looking for info on where would be the best place to launch my boat and leave my truck and trailer safely parked. Also where does everyone stay at? Any info would be great. I did the search function and got alot of info but nothing real specific. Thanks
Old 10-20-2011, 12:18 PM
VP of the tickfaw200

Received 148 Likes on 60 Posts

the public launch is very nice. its under the 22 bridge. can leave truck and trailer there or by the marina. all safe.
places to say carter plantation in springfield or any hotel in hammond. have not worked out any special rates at this time any were! if you get in early friday you can get your hand and start the run! lots did that last year and really liked it.
Old 11-07-2011, 08:09 PM
Registered

I will definitely vouge for anywhere near/around Blood River Marina or under Hwy 22 in Springfield. These locations are within a mile of each other and Blood River is where the run ends and the after party begins ....very rural and no one messes with your stuff. Carter Plantation is very nice....Hammond hotels would offer better rates. Many people leave their boats in the water at Blood River Marina over Friday & Saturday nights(extremely safe) and either drive back/forth from Hammond or New Orleans(45-1hr drive). Check with Joey at the Blood River marina and he probably has room.
Old 11-07-2011, 10:26 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check vrbo.com, there are places available to rent on the Tickfaw and Diversion Canal.
Old 11-14-2011, 12:32 PM
VP of the tickfaw200

Originally Posted by WildRooster
I will definitely vouge for anywhere near/around Blood River Marina or under Hwy 22 in Springfield. These locations are within a mile of each other and Blood River is where the run ends and the after party begins ....very rural and no one messes with your stuff. Carter Plantation is very nice....Hammond hotels would offer better rates. Many people leave their boats in the water at Blood River Marina over Friday & Saturday nights(extremely safe) and either drive back/forth from Hammond or New Orleans(45-1hr drive). Check with Joey at the Blood River marina and he probably has room.
i am one of the board members for the run. there are no "saved boat parking" but there is tons of room in the marina and next to the marina 2 miles of canals all bulk headed.
we have bands book for both friday and sat all ready and the stops are coming together also. will be another 2 day run if you would like to start on friday. new logos are being worked on. hope yall are ready " its on like a chicken bone"
Old 12-09-2011, 09:22 PM
VP of the tickfaw200

2012 ticafaw 200 May 4-5th.

if you like the new poster. wite till you see the shirts.

any companies who would like to sponsor the run email me at [email protected] (sponsor ship is free!)
Old 12-12-2011, 09:39 PM
Registered

I'm ready for the run!!
Old 12-20-2011, 12:30 PM
VP of the tickfaw200

P.O. Box 416 * 31999 O’Neal Lane * Springfield, LA 70462
PH: 225-294-3876 * Cell: 225-235-7505
[email protected]

Welcome back to the Tickfaw 200. Louisiana’s Premiere Power Boat Poker Run returns May 4 & 5, 2012. The Tickfaw 200 will again be a two day event. You will be able to pick up your entry badges at Blood River Landing beginning Thursday, May 3. You can collect proof of stops Friday and/or Saturday.

This year there will be liver music on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights at the
Fun House.
Thursday Night—Rick James Project
Friday Night— Allison Collins Band
Saturday Night—Allison Collins Band
Friday & Saturday during the day—Rick James Project—One Man Band

On Saturday be ready to leave the Marina at 10:30 am. At 11:00 am there will be a blessing of the Fleet as the boats pass under the HWY 22 Bridge.

There will be eight stops for the Poker Run. You will need five (5) stops to qualify for a hand. Five of the stops are accessible by land if you choose to travel by car instead of boat. You can purchase two (2) additional cards. All the money from the additional cards goes into the pot, making it a progressive pot. The pot gets bigger with each extra card that is purchased.

Dealers will begin dealing hands at 3 pm on Saturday. You must be in line by 7 pm to receive a hand.

Stops are:
1. The Prop Stop (Tickfaw River) 5. Friends Restaurant (Madisonville)
2. Blind River Bar (Diversion Canal) 6. Riverside Grill (Madisonville)
3. The Canal Bank (Diversion Canal) 7. Landry’s (West End New Orleans)
4. Sun Buns (I-55 Canal at South Pass) 8. The Doc (Slidell)

There are three local, land based fuel stops in close proximity. Ratcliffs and TNT both have ethanol free gas and The Riverstop Chevron is easy access but does not have ethanol free gas. All three are within a mile of each other on Hwy 22 and within four (4) miles of the Marina.

A reminder that on Saturday there will be a Chicken Drop at Riverside Grill in Madisonville in addition to the Gator Drop at the Fun House.

There will be food, drinks and lots of fun. Food will be prepared by Creative Cajun Cooking.

Be sure to send your entry in as soon as possible. We want to make sure that we have plenty of time to place orders for shirts and you won’t have to stand in line to enter. So, when you send in your entry, let us know what size and color shirt you want so we can order the correct number. The shirts will have the “Powerboat Pirate” Logo silkscreened on the back.

Come and join us for a weekend of fun, friends, partying and fantastic boating.

Email: [email protected]

Owner
Joey Fontenot

**********new entry for will be posted on the website soon**********

Last edited by caseyh; 12-20-2011 at 12:35 PM.
Old 12-26-2011, 09:44 PM
Registered

Joey,
thanks for the updates. Late Fees will be there as always and I would say about another 3 boats will join us. See you in may..
Old 01-03-2012, 09:50 PM
Registered

Is there a map online some place so i can see where all the stops are? maybe shows the route. Im gonna try to make this my first poker run but would feel better if I knew where the heck im going. Info on this run seems kinda limited on line. Facebook page? Anuything other than the obvious online would be helpful.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.