Notices

Boyne Thunder 2012

Old 11-26-2011, 09:14 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jason3603
Good point on fuel and towing. Elk does have mid-grade fuel. Being towed from Beaver Island or idleing on one engine will make for a long day.
R U friends w/ Ryan w/ the 46 BT that was up at BT this passed summer????
Old 11-26-2011, 09:30 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wrinkleface
R U friends w/ Ryan w/ the 46 BT that was up at BT this passed summer????
Yeah, I was in Boyne on Friday. I hung out with him for the day. I was unable to get mine ready in time. I will be ready this year.
Old 11-26-2011, 09:45 AM
Registered

Yeah, I was in Boyne on Friday. I hung out with him for the day. I was unable to get mine ready in time. I will be ready this year.
I thought so! Ryan has mentioned U a bunch of X's when I talk w him!!!!
Old 11-26-2011, 11:22 AM
Registered

Received 266 Likes on 93 Posts

I like the idea of helping out Charlevoix, and the card stop outside of Elk Rapids makes more sense. Its not like Elk is a huge problem, its a beautiful marina, just don't want any surprises. Plus the current course is great like it is! Hard to perfect perfection!! LOL!
Old 11-26-2011, 01:13 PM
Registered

I'm excited 2 have Char involved! I have 5 restaurants signed up 2 participate! Hal at the marina is onboard & Ward Bros gas dock has said they would try & help out!!!! People in town can go down 2 the docks & Czech out the boats!!! since the boats will B go'n out & back in a couple X's, people can watch from the pier heads even more!!!
Old 11-27-2011, 08:19 AM
Registered

Received 114 Likes on 34 Posts

Was thinking about docking at Charlevoix, some of us can drop a anchor and my buddy Big Daddy will pick us up with the Boston Whaler
Old 11-27-2011, 08:22 AM
Registered

Received 114 Likes on 34 Posts

Glad to hear this, it's starting to come together, going to be another great year.
Old 11-27-2011, 08:59 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How many miles is the current route campared to the proposed new routes?
Old 11-27-2011, 09:44 AM
Registered

How many miles is the current route campared to the proposed new routes?
Old course was about 115-120ish, new is roughly 141ish! But that's where gas in Char makes sense! & obviously dif than B4 w/ go'n back out on the big lake after lunch 2 chase a card or 2!!! Nice change up!!!!
Old 11-27-2011, 06:07 PM
Registered

Received 72 Likes on 44 Posts

ELk Rapids has a very nice facility with that being said myself and a few others with offshore boats stayed there about 4 years ago for the fourth. The members were not too happy to have us. On the final day we recieved a standing ovation when we loaded the boats on the trailer. Yes, we were very respectful when it came the noise. It would be a great facilty if we could get Elk to participate.
I think Elk Rapids would not have a problem participating....

I remember checking out the marina at Elk Rapids before bringing my boat up there to launch in 2005 or so.

And while I was there checking it out, I approached the personel (city employees) who were running the operations there and asked who was in charge. I was directed to a woman who is the Manager of the marina and I specificly remember asking her about boaters wanting to launch loud, offshore boats there. I also explained that my boat may be a little louder than some of the others.

She was very nice and polite and she told me that many of the yearly slip renters (mostly sailboaters) in the marina do not like the offshore boats coming there to launch or being there, and I remember her saying they (the sailboaters) have bent her ear about it at times, but she said they don't manage the marina...she does, and she said she welcomes offshore boaters and has NO PROBLEMS with the offshore boats coming there as long as they were as respectful as possible with the noise.

That was several years ago-----then I approached her again within the last year or so, and she basically said the same thing as she did the first time and she has always been very polite and proffessional.

Last edited by KAAMA; 11-27-2011 at 06:16 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.