Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lucky1456
pp
???
Old 08-30-2012, 02:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys here is a video my daughter made from the run. I think we got a shot of most of the boats. Thanks again to the ROPA crew for a job well done. I won so many prizes I think I made money! We will be back again next year for sure! If the link does not work my youtube channel is buffaloblackthunder. Also check out some Buffalo Poker Run Vids I hope to see some more of you next year at our run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhhZZStPYM0
Old 08-31-2012, 09:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by smckie
Hey guys here is a video my daughter made from the run. I think we got a shot of most of the boats. Thanks again to the ROPA crew for a job well done. I won so many prizes I think I made money! We will be back again next year for sure! If the link does not work my youtube channel is buffaloblackthunder. Also check out some Buffalo Poker Run Vids I hope to see some more of you next year at our run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhhZZStPYM0
Very nice job with a hand held cammera!
Old 09-02-2012, 05:41 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Adrenaline Junkie
It is unbelievable how fortunate we've been 3 years in a row to have very favorable weather for this run. We all know that the snot this lake can throw can chew up and spit out most anything that tries to run it it.

It was great to see a bunch of folks that I hadn't had the oppty to see this year (due to not being on the water), and to give me an opportunity to play around with this new little toy I picked up.....

I look forward to being able to actually partiicipate in the whole event in a few years when my schedule sill show some relief.

Well done ROPA looked like a nice turnout and well run as usual.
AJ- Thanks for the compliment. That new boat looks real good and rides very flat and quick.
A few years to actually participate?! We aren't all young like you and the rheumatiz' might start kicking in and we won't be able to throttle anymore!
That and if you keep downsizing you might be running a Ranger bassboat by then!
Hope to at least see you on the water some weekends.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:14 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by WHIPLASH
AJ- Thanks for the compliment. That new boat looks real good and rides very flat and quick.
A few years to actually participate?! We aren't all young like you and the rheumatiz' might start kicking in and we won't be able to throttle anymore!
That and if you keep downsizing you might be running a Ranger bassboat by then!
Hope to at least see you on the water some weekends.
Thanks Bill. Yes, running that new toy was a trip. I had never driven a boat with weed whackers on the back, and it had been a long time since I'd been in a cat so light. It was quite an adventure. My forearms were sore from gripping the wheel so tightly. With my coupe, you could basically just point it in the direction you wanted to go - and after a little trim and tab work it was on autopilot. The Motion required you to actually drive it and was an enjoyable adventure.

I know it takes quite a bit of effort/coordnation for the runs to come off. We are very fortunate to have tremendous freshwater resources convenient to us - most of which are severely underutilized. You and team ROPA do our community a great service hosting these events in our geo, and I among many others, are thankful you guys do these events.

I will miss the Coupe for sure. Lots of great memories, local and around the US. Unfortunately, I just was unable to use her much. Since she was sitting on the trailer, we spent the bulk of our free time on the water dragging our teenagers behind our Nautiqe on the bay.

I had no intention of keeping the Motion, and was going to cash out altogether. Unfortunately, or fortunately (depending upon how you look at it), my bride really likes the little orange weed machine, and is trying to talk me into keeping it.

Keep up the good work guys. See you out on the water, either in the Nautique, or in the Motion.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:34 PM
Registered

Here is a short clip from my videos for 2012 Eagle Creek Poker Run. [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fw2PB_vgroI[/YOUTUBE]