Seneca Lake (New York) Battleship Run – July 21, 2012

Notices

Seneca Lake (New York) Battleship Run – July 21, 2012

Old 07-11-2012, 07:26 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 179 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by stilldreamn
Although I live in the buffalo area, My family has had a cottage on Seneca lake at long point for 40 + years. There are 3 times of the year that are a must, pirates run , 4th of july and the battle ship run.
I have never done the runs due to the fact there is no big power sitting in my hoist . Glad to see the folks from WNY enjoy Seneca as much as I do. I will be waiting for the roar next week following you in awe as always especially that red and yellow blur Hot to Go.
Have a safe trip and a safe run everyone.
Glad to hear you enjoy our run. We enjoy your lake and the great people down there every year!

BTW, no need to have big power for the Battleship Run. We had a guy run a jet ski for the entire run once. (Of course he was 6" shorter when he finished.) We also had a guy run (pace actually) the "slow" fleet one year. We didn't find out until half way through that he was flat out at 55. He still had a blast.
Old 07-12-2012, 02:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Too Stroked
Glad to hear you enjoy our run. We enjoy your lake and the great people down there every year!

BTW, no need to have big power for the Battleship Run. We had a guy run a jet ski for the entire run once. (Of course he was 6" shorter when he finished.) We also had a guy run (pace actually) the "slow" fleet one year. We didn't find out until half way through that he was flat out at 55. He still had a blast.
Ya my Marada will top out at about 65 but doing a run with an open bow cruiser is not the same as the bad boys. gotta a couple friends that are locals down there with some nice fountains but never seem to have the time to use them. Just put in a hoist that will take up to a 35 foot boat so next year might have an up grade on a boat coming. Like I said I'll be pulling up the rear with some friends, Seneca is a beautiful lake, glad to see you guys enjoy it to. We have cocktails at the show boat every weekend I can get down cause its so close but the big boys own it next weekend. Have a safe trip down and a great run everyone.
Old 07-12-2012, 02:53 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by stilldreamn
Ya my Marada will top out at about 65 but doing a run with an open bow cruiser is not the same as the bad boys. gotta a couple friends that are locals down there with some nice fountains but never seem to have the time to use them. Just put in a hoist that will take up to a 35 foot boat so next year might have an up grade on a boat coming. Like I said I'll be pulling up the rear with some friends, Seneca is a beautiful lake, glad to see you guys enjoy it to. We have cocktails at the show boat every weekend I can get down cause its so close but the big boys own it next weekend. Have a safe trip down and a great run everyone.
You did notice what I've run for the last 15 years right? Never had a problem. Spots are still open!
Old 07-12-2012, 06:00 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

stilldreamn,
First, you certainly can do the run with your current boat if you like. We had a Hydrostream outboard do the whole run a couple of years back and survived the whole run. And he was still 6' tall at the end. Good thing he was 6'4" at the start. As Tom mentioned, we did have a jet ski do the run several years ago as well. The slow fleet paces at 45-50 and has long enough stops for stragglers to catch up. Everyone is welcome, regardless of boat.
Second, if you still don't feel comfortable doing the run with us at least stop over on Friday night at the Showboat and introduce yourself. The "Big Boys" aren't so big once they get out of their boats. Plus, we might draft you as a sweeper boat.
Ask around for Larry, Tom or Bill, we would be happy to introduce you around.

Larry
Old 07-12-2012, 06:51 PM
Registered

The "big boys" don't show at this run. This isn't a PRA run and isn't $750 to enter. We have 100 mph boats in our slow group because they don't want to break. You will have a blast! It isn't about how fast you can go, Its about how long you can go fast! If you load it on the trailer running, you win! I'm looking forward to seeing you and the family there.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:27 PM
Registered

can anyone tell me if Jim Nader is still around and running his 28 Profile Cat???
Old 07-13-2012, 02:34 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by jwp51
can anyone tell me if Jim Nader is still around and running his 28 Profile Cat???
Saw Jim at the pirates run with his boat....don't think he ran the run though....
Old 07-13-2012, 09:04 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default 1 week left!

The run is 1 week away. What are you all waiting for?! The 7 day forecast is 87 and sunny, like it always is that weekend every year.
We have more calling every day and we tell them to get the applications in right away so we can get a head count for the sumptous BBQ bufet. You wouldn't want us to run out of food on you, would you. Last entries are the last in line for food!!
If you miss it you'll miss the best weekend of the summer.
HTG- did you see stilldreaming called you out by name? Bring that bad boy. There's a Skater waiting for you. Possibly 2 as I hear the engines are done.
Old 07-14-2012, 07:34 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I stopped by the hotels today as I had to deliver a boat just down the lake. Everything looks perfect! The water is even warm! Come one, come all!
Old 07-15-2012, 10:48 AM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by WHIPLASH
The run is 1 week away. What are you all waiting for?! The 7 day forecast is 87 and sunny, like it always is that weekend every year.
We have more calling every day and we tell them to get the applications in right away so we can get a head count for the sumptous BBQ bufet. You wouldn't want us to run out of food on you, would you. Last entries are the last in line for food!!
If you miss it you'll miss the best weekend of the summer.
HTG- did you see stilldreaming called you out by name? Bring that bad boy. There's a Skater waiting for you. Possibly 2 as I hear the engines are done.
Looks like we will be bringing a couple maybe 3 Eliminators....any chance of having a dock space for the "Hot to Go" if i come friday?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.